News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

A Complaint About PD and all of You People

Started by Doktor Howl, May 09, 2012, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 09, 2012, 07:14:37 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 09, 2012, 07:13:41 PM
No your new coworker.

Oh, him?  No, he got fired last night.  Which makes me sad.

For something mundane I bet.

navkat

I'll admit that was smack with sarcasm. I thought it'd be taken as a sharp-edged way of laughing (and making light of) at the whole situation given the ironic similarities.

It was meant to be biting, recursive way of illuminating how suppressing people's feelings is a slippery slope of pointlessness since people are going to be who they are. I make another reference in the same vein elsewhere, I do believe.

I won't deny that I'm venting some of my own frustrations. I'm just not telling people to get bent about it.

Nephew Twiddleton

He got fired? It must have been spectacular considering the general ineptness inherent at your company.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on May 09, 2012, 07:15:56 PM
I'll admit that was smack with sarcasm. I thought it'd be taken as a sharp-edged way of laughing (and making light of) at the whole situation given the ironic similarities.

It was meant to be biting, recursive way of illuminating how suppressing people's feelings is a slippery slope of pointlessness since people are going to be who they are. I make another reference in the same vein elsewhere, I do believe.

I won't deny that I'm venting some of my own frustrations. I'm just not telling people to get bent about it.

Yeah, whatever.  Thanks for tanking my thread, and my mood.  It won't be happening again, at least until I'm dumb enough to forget to blow past your posts.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 09, 2012, 07:16:17 PM
He got fired? It must have been spectacular considering the general ineptness inherent at your company.

All companies are like this, Twid.  You just have to have a certain altitude to see it.

And he was fired for being too good to get his hands dirty.  Nothing special.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Thats rather disappointing. I was hoping a blaze of glory and some sort of rant about THE MAN

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 09, 2012, 07:24:13 PM
Thats rather disappointing. I was hoping a blaze of glory and some sort of rant about THE MAN

Nope.  He was just unable to, you know, work.

He's waiting for that glorious day, when The Man is struck down, and nobody has to do anything anymore.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Also though i am fairly well know for having been dr. S's assistant im not exactly high on the totem pole at work.

navkat

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 09, 2012, 07:18:56 PM

Yeah, whatever.  Thanks for tanking my thread, and my mood.  It won't be happening again, at least until I'm dumb enough to forget to blow past your posts.

Okie dokie. So we've established that my opening my mouth around here except with some well-mannered, flawless addition of real content is unwelcome.

Thank you for proving my point...not the way I'd hoped it'd be proven but 360º in the other direction.

Faust

No one is suppressing your feelings. You are perfectly entitled to post whatever idiotic thought passes though your head at that moment and we are perfectly entitled to rip you a new one over it. The same goes for me, or anyone else for that matter.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on May 09, 2012, 07:29:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 09, 2012, 07:18:56 PM

Okie dokie. So we've established that my opening my mouth around here except with some well-mannered, flawless addition of real content is unwelcome.

Thank you for proving my point...not the way I'd hoped it'd be proven but 360º in the other direction.

Now you're just fucking lying, because I said NOTHING OF THE FUCKING KIND.  I was having fun writing a thread, and you decided to come in and smear your fucking butthurt all over the walls, with the INTENT of fucking up the thread.  You thought that bullshit wasn't going to upset me?  Go fuck up someone else's thread, please.  I've had my share. 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

You know what?  I've fucking had it for today.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 09, 2012, 04:47:20 PM
Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 09, 2012, 04:40:27 PM

Yeah, I've noticed that a common sentiment among noobs has been intimidation about whether their posts are "worthy". A lot of people have said that they would post, but didn't feel like they had anything "good enough" to say.

Fuckit, man. I think that this whole pressure/intimidation thing needs to SHUTUP.

I have no sympathy for people who feel pressured.  This whole century, all over the world, is a place where you SHUT UP.  As for me, my mama told me "When the rock hits you, holler!"  She did NOT say "When the rock hits you, holler if you have something pithy to say.

The very idea that you shouldn't lose your shit or rant your guts up because you don't feel that it would be "good enough" is a sign of Pink conditioning having its effect.  Rants are like WOMPs: quality means NOTHING!  It's all about the WRATH.

And if someone doesn't like what you posted, kick 'em in the nads.  IN THA NADS!

This is not a graduate level English course.  This is not a place you post when you've finally written War and Peace.  This is a Goddamn Fighting Jesus Up In Your Shit DISCORDIAN BOARD, and there's no fucking grading system.  RAGE OUT OR DIE, AND WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHUT UP, KILL ME!

ETA:  Not just ranting, either.  I want you to FURIOUSLY tell me how your day was, if that's all you have to say.  JUST FUCKING SAY IT.

:potd:

This part bears repeating because I love it:

QuoteRAGE OUT OR DIE, AND WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHUT UP, KILL ME!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on May 09, 2012, 06:45:19 PM

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn. I really should be seen and not heard, I know.

Part of the "dropping it" thing people keep advising you to do does not include continuing to call attention to past arguments via the Perpetual Martyr Complex technique. It's actually starting to look an awful lot like attention whoring, and, as someone who actually wants you to succeed in not alienating and angering people, I'll advise you, once again, to drop it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 12:09:03 AM
Quote from: navkat on May 09, 2012, 06:45:19 PM

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn. I really should be seen and not heard, I know.

Part of the "dropping it" thing people keep advising you to do does not include continuing to call attention to past arguments via the Perpetual Martyr Complex technique. It's actually starting to look an awful lot like attention whoring, and, as someone who actually wants you to succeed in not alienating and angering people, I'll advise you, once again, to drop it.

Speaking as a mother, it's too late as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not gonna go out of my way to give her a hard time or anything, but seriously, enough is fucking enough.
Molon Lube