News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

You know what makes me angry?

Started by Doktor Howl, May 09, 2012, 05:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The 3 wolf moon is a harsh SHUTUP on May 09, 2012, 06:52:04 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 09, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Nah. She is a pretty openminded person who does like to have legit fun. But she comes across as very bourgeois and is super cereal about things that only require a small bowl of cereal.
:crankey:

I have to ask WTF that means. If I don't, I might DREAM about it or something.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Deepthroat Chopra

Nothing pisses off more than a Cappucino made from instant coffee. That should be the death sentence right there. Three such things have been attempted to be offloaded on me in my lifetime. All in small New South Wales towns.
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

Junkenstein

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 10, 2012, 05:11:27 AM
Quote from: The 3 wolf moon is a harsh SHUTUP on May 09, 2012, 06:52:04 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 09, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Nah. She is a pretty openminded person who does like to have legit fun. But she comes across as very bourgeois and is super cereal about things that only require a small bowl of cereal.
:crankey:

I have to ask WTF that means. If I don't, I might DREAM about it or something.  :x

It drives me mad that South Park is not yet compulsory viewing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2012, 03:38:08 AM
What pisses me off?  Interviewers who assure you that "you'll get a call, either way," and then never fucking call.

This. A million times this.

Even fucking worse are the ones who get shitty with you when you have the temerity to dare to call them. Sorry, I didn't realise that not only was I not worth the phone call, I'm obviously not worth a 30 second courtesy to tell me to go fuck myself when I call you. You're right, asking for areas to improve on and skills to develop is a total waste of your time. You were just about to cure superaids and figure out a way to end human conflict.

The only thing worse than these pig-fuckers are the ones who "will let you know in a couple of days" and have still not made a hiring decision after a month.

I swear to Thor, when La revolution comes, every employer will have to pass a yearly interview by their employees. Failure will result in all shares and control passing to the next most senior person. You never know, we may eventually start seeing employers act like human beings if we use a big enough stick often enough.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Minimum-wage employers who will fire  you if you dare ask to leave an hour early for a job interview. Seriously, I just heard about this today. What shitfucks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Stelz- theres an episode of south park making fun of al gore in which he acts really really bizarre and is unable to say serious. Instead he says super cereal. I dont know how they came up with that joke but it was a memorable one.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 07:48:49 AM
Minimum-wage employers who will fire  you if you dare ask to leave an hour early for a job interview. Seriously, I just heard about this today. What shitfucks.

I'd say I needed to go to the doctor/dentist when I had interviews. But I guess with not having insurance and on minimum wage in the US that one would be tricky to wrangle.

Nephew Twiddleton

Are you suggesting we give the proles dental coverage too? That would hurt the job creators(' ability to further keep the poor poor by going ewww bad teeth im not hiring that person! They cant take care of themself!)

Luna

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 10, 2012, 05:51:50 AM
Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2012, 03:38:08 AM
What pisses me off?  Interviewers who assure you that "you'll get a call, either way," and then never fucking call.

This. A million times this.

Even fucking worse are the ones who get shitty with you when you have the temerity to dare to call them. Sorry, I didn't realise that not only was I not worth the phone call, I'm obviously not worth a 30 second courtesy to tell me to go fuck myself when I call you. You're right, asking for areas to improve on and skills to develop is a total waste of your time. You were just about to cure superaids and figure out a way to end human conflict.

The only thing worse than these pig-fuckers are the ones who "will let you know in a couple of days" and have still not made a hiring decision after a month.

I swear to Thor, when La revolution comes, every employer will have to pass a yearly interview by their employees. Failure will result in all shares and control passing to the next most senior person. You never know, we may eventually start seeing employers act like human beings if we use a big enough stick often enough.

My personal favorite was the one (three weeks ago) that said "we'll call you either way" and relisted the job in the newspaper the NEXT DAY.   :argh!:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

My boss has been making me really angry lately.  I predicted when I switched to this grant, and I told the director of the last grant I was working on, that this guy would totally take advantage of me, and basically use me as a manager without giving me the promotion (and extra pay).  And that's exactly what has happened.  I'm doing stuff he should be doing. 

But I'm in a position where I have no choice.  For example, if I don't do all of this grant writing, he won't, and we won't get funding to sustain our work.  And with the Maine Legislature literally hours away from slashing about 70% of my agency's current funding, we can't afford to let these opportunities slip by us.  But, there he is, just wringing his hands and doing jack shit. 

I gotta get out of here. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Are there any other places in your field nearby?

AFK

Well, as it turns out, someone from the State sent me a job that I have applied for.  Haven't heard back from them yet, but I know the department is severely understaffed and are having to answer a lot of questions from Legislators related to the budget.  And it was the 2nd in command at that department who sent me the job so I would think that means I'd be in a pretty good position to get it.  The question will be pay as it would kind of be a lateral move for me.  But I know the people in the department and I know I'd be working with and for very competent people.  So that would at least be an upgrade. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

That might be good at least. If the manager is fucking up the grants it might be a sinking ship where you are.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 10, 2012, 10:10:27 AM
Stelz- theres an episode of south park making fun of al gore in which he acts really really bizarre and is unable to say serious. Instead he says super cereal. I dont know how they came up with that joke but it was a memorable one.

It's youtubed. Thanks!  :)

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 07:48:49 AM

At the last crappy service job I had (supermarket) there was a Honduran lady who had only been here a few years, who was applying at WalMart and the manager kept harping on her every day, saying a shithole like WalMart was the Big Time and she'd "never make it there".

This from the asshole who had everybody simultaneously responsible for the register, stocking, facing the merchandise and getting the baskets from the parking lot.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Walmart being the big time is dripping with horrormirth.