News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Rebooted Time, part 4: Insustainability

Started by Doktor Howl, May 13, 2012, 07:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 16, 2012, 02:47:14 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on May 16, 2012, 02:42:24 PM
ah.  that makes sense. thanks.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 13, 2012, 07:59:48 AM
One can only imagine the "correction" that will follow.
do you care to give your prognostication?

Sure.  Banks keep robbing us until people finally shift their fat arses off the couch and string up a few of the bastards on some light poles.  Satisfying, but the economy will be proper fucked by then.

Yeah, but I'm thinking once the fatasses are strung up on light poles, there's going to be an overreaction. Kind of like what they did to the Lakota at Wounded Knee a couple of times. Maybe this whole motherfucker will end up nuked by Kodak.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

Another problem I see is that when the Correction hits, the Bad Signal generators will already be pushing so hard that even the Correction will be spun and tweaked, and people won't be able to recognize it for what it is.  It will be part of the bad signal's narrative from the moment it hits.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I think Spooner was a very interesting guy who was trying to jam a lot of signal into that essay. Not only does he point out Lincoln's mistake, but the major mistake of the whole nation claiming that its free. Lincoln's actions, along with the legislative support and judicial agreement solidified the failure of the experiment of a united republic of free states with free people. The dissent displayed by both the Tea Party movement (assuming for the moment that they are really pissed about governance and not the color of the president's skin) and Occupy has a direct correlation to Spooner's original argument in No Treason.

The correction, though could go either way. The 'People' could bring about the correction, or the government could bring about the correction. That is the government could simply correct the myth that this country was ever a nation of 'of the people, for the people and by the people'. The People could bring about the correction by putting a bunch of these guys up against the wall.

Or Anonymous could pull a Fight Club finale, reset everyone to zero and watch the real fun begin.

Nice piece Dok, I liked it.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 22, 2012, 03:36:07 PM
Another problem I see is that when the Correction hits, the Bad Signal generators will already be pushing so hard that even the Correction will be spun and tweaked, and people won't be able to recognize it for what it is.  It will be part of the bad signal's narrative from the moment it hits.

Eventually, the correction becomes self-evident.  The people that still refuse to see it will probably just be eaten by smarter people.

Or they'll blame the Jews.

One or the other.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Well, I finally read this :) Great essay, great discussion.

Is this perhaps a moment when we should ask ourselves, What Would Eris Do?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 04, 2012, 11:20:32 AM
Is this perhaps a moment when we should ask ourselves, What Would Eris Do?

Flush.  Twice.