As an aside...

Started by Doktor Howl, May 15, 2012, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 15, 2012, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: The 3 wolf moon is a harsh SHUTUP on May 15, 2012, 09:56:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 15, 2012, 09:42:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2012, 09:32:43 PM
Yeah, I saw that bit about Switzerland, thought it was odd.  Didnt realize there was a discrepancy in dates though.

Hmmm, this is interesting.  Not saying Bachmann didn't lie, but the media may have dropped the ball on this one.  She's been eligible for Swiss citizenship since 78, but she hasn't exercised that right until this last week, because her children Hate America and want dual citizenship.  It is entirely possible the media got the wrong end of the stick with this, not being up on Swiss citizenship laws and all.

As an aside, dual citizenship is the reason I will never run for public office.  People get really fucking stupid about nationalism, and explaining I wanted two passports to make my travel arrangements easier probably wont go down too well with voters.

The army tried multiple times to get me to surrender my Canadian citizenship, with one major going so far as to threaten me with military prison.

Over Canada.

It was afterward explained to him that Canada is one of America's allies, and that having Canadian citizenship was not in fact a violation of the UCMJ.

That is fucking retarded. I served with a Canadian citizen who was in the Army, the US Army, wait for it, on a green card. The Army is sooooo weird.

I had a couple of excitable S2 officers over the years, who never bothered to check with the provost marshall before losing their shit.

I guess that just goes to show how valuable a bachelor degree really is.