Worst Get Rich Quick Scheme Ever.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., May 19, 2012, 06:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 19, 2012, 06:02:47 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/man-arrested-smuggling-roasted-human-fetuses-131604941.html

QuoteAccording to The Independent's Rob Williams and other news reports, the fetuses had been roasted and covered in gold leaf as part of a ritual. Chow Hok Kuen, a British citizen, was planning to sell them to people looking to get rich.

Well that nukes my faith in humanity for the week life. This is beyond fucked up.

Heh a colleague showed this at work, he expected me and The Elder Misantrope to be shocked. We just shrugged and said something along the line of 'Yep, that's humanity. Sucks to be us.' or something similarly jaded.
I think i will start calling him the Flying Optimist. Flying because he is a former helicopter pilot, apparantly USA flying papers are worthless here.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 20, 2012, 07:46:37 PM
You know who else hated golden babies?  Pol Pot, that's who:

QuoteSâr's earliest memories were coloured by the lore of this nether world. One story that he would retell as an old man was about a dhmap', or wizard, whose mouth, as a punishment for his blasphemy, had been shrunk until it was no bigger than a straw. To feed himself, so the story went, he rolled dough into fine strips, which was how the Cambodian people came to eat noodles. He recalled tales about glutton spirits, which, like the ancient Chinese taotie, had only a head and intestines, and fed on foul things that lived in the mud; and there were gruesome stories of corpse wax, extracted from the newly dead to make potions, and of foetuses ripped by husbands from their wives' bellies and mummified as kun krak, 'smoke-children', familiar spirits with magical powers of protection.

I've heard about "smoke children".  Wasn't usually the husbands that did it, the way I heard the tale.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."