News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

I have discovered my true political identity

Started by LMNO, May 19, 2012, 01:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The government does not exist, unless it benefits me.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Spoken like a man who never wants to be allowed on an airplane again. May as well go ahead and grow that beard now, eh.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Id like to agree with this except that the federal government ultimately pays me through grants which not only not benefit me (except for insurance) but actively work against me ( i am budgeted for 20 hrs/wk) and of course i have family in europe so xray my junk whenever i see them. I wont complain. Last time i went was for a funeral so by necessity it set a precedent that i just needed to get through as quickly as possible without protest.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Funny enough i was profiled once by one persona and laughed off without a search by another. This was when i had long hair and a big ass beard. American citizen got me the laugh through with a hearty welcome home (i was coming from iceland)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chronicles of Twiddick on May 19, 2012, 05:15:22 AM
Id like to agree with this except that the federal government ultimately pays me through grants which not only not benefit me (except for insurance) but actively work against me ( i am budgeted for 20 hrs/wk) and of course i have family in europe so xray my junk whenever i see them. I wont complain. Last time i went was for a funeral so by necessity it set a precedent that i just needed to get through as quickly as possible without protest.

That pretty much exemplifies recognizing a government which benefits you.

The opposite of which is the way I spent most of my adult life, which is paying a lot of money into a government which, essentially, gave me nothing back which I could not have afforded for myself. However, I was not reluctant to pay that, because (at the time) there was a reasonable expectation that the monies I paid in were educating and maintaining the people in a society I expect my children and myself to participate in. It turns out that that expectation was a giant lie.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing that pisses me off a LOT is that there were years when my taxes were far more than I make now in a year. And I was all, yeah, lalalalala, I am a small business, my contribution is a good thing! I am helping other small businesses, and schools, and people who are struggling!

But no. It turns out that my hundreds of thousands (some of which holy fuck I could use now) of tax dollars paid for military actions, and corporate bailouts which my business would have been too small to qualify for.

This country HATES small business, BTW. As much as it pretends it promotes it.

Cain

Matt Taibbi made that point a while back.  In fact, he thought it explained much about the Tea Party - that they mistakenly thought small businesses were the way all businesses were treated.

Also, I think pretty much everything tries to ignore government unless it benefits them.  See: small government conservatives who nonetheless use government to pass legislation about who you can form contractural relationships with.

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 19, 2012, 01:29:45 AM

The government does not exist, unless it benefits me.

Neither does that locomotive coming down the track, unless it's here to give you loads of unicorn snot in an ice cream cone.

The government may not be able to interfere in the free market, it may very well be a social fiction...But it can still do the two step on your gonads.

Just saying.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 19, 2012, 06:50:43 AM
The thing that pisses me off a LOT is that there were years when my taxes were far more than I make now in a year. And I was all, yeah, lalalalala, I am a small business, my contribution is a good thing! I am helping other small businesses, and schools, and people who are struggling!

But no. It turns out that my hundreds of thousands (some of which holy fuck I could use now) of tax dollars paid for military actions, and corporate bailouts which my business would have been too small to qualify for.

This country HATES small business, BTW. As much as it pretends it promotes it.

This is why I make a distinction between capitalism and free enterprise.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I admit that was a troll post, by the way.  I wanted to see how it flew before I started making demotivation memes and posting them on Libertarian's facebooks.