News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

New Archive of Discordian Texts

Started by Rev. Judas IMOK, May 22, 2012, 12:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Ok... I can change the titles of them for my mirror of the library,

So the file first edition should be called?

And the fourth edition should be 6th right?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Gorightly

Quote from: Faust on November 17, 2012, 09:15:26 AM
Ok... I can change the titles of them for my mirror of the library,

So the file first edition should be called?

And the fourth edition should be 6th right?

Well, I'm not sure how you would title the faux first edition. It is basically some excerpts from the 1st edition, and  other stuff mixed in, some of which has been modified. The second half of the book, the appendix, are materials that were lifted from the site Jon Swabey and I put together, without any attribution or notification.That's why it's a bit frustrating and perplexing to see how this all got mashed together and is now being presented as the 1st PD. I wouldn't begin to know what to call it.

As for the publication history of the PD, here is an excerpt from my forthcoming book on the History of Discordianism. It explains more about the fourth edition:

1st edition, subtitled Or How The West Was Lost, published in New Orleans, 1965, consisting of five copies.

2nd edition, 100 copies, Los Angeles, 1969

3rd edition, 500 copies, Tampa, 1969

4th edition, San Francisco, March 1970

5th Edition, subtitled A Caterpillar's Praise To The Butterfly, Or Final Statement of Malaclypse The Younger -- which consisted of a cover page, and a Western Union telegram page filled with the letter M -- inserted into the 4th edition PD as an addendum.

Other later, and notable, editions...

* Loompanics Unlimited edition

Two different versions of the Loompanics edition were published. The first, with a white cover, in September 1978

A second edition, published in 1980, featured a yellow cover, with a different cover illustration than the 1978 edition, and included an introduction by Robert Anton Wilson. Greg Hill oversaw the production of these two editions which, in essence, were reproductions of the 4th edition PD, but with different covers.

zarathustrasbastardson

chaos is truth
radiate better

Faust

Jaidyn Casey

Hello everyone! I am here for the OP, Rev. Judas IMOK. Due to some issues with his epilepsy he has not been on the internet/computers much at all the last few months. Partly because of the effect his screen has on his eyes and also because more often than not, recently he is without an internet connection. He left me to deal with his archive and such. So, apologies for his sudden disappearance.

Anyhow, I am not able to edit his original post with any new books that you may have for me to add, but I can add them to his website. So if there is anything to add let me know. I shall also read through all the posts he has missed if there is anything there.
Having and not having
both create frustration.
"Possessing" always comes served with a golden apple.
Being "The Prettiest One" cultivates pride and makes others ugly.
Not being "The Prettiest One" cultivates envy and leads to war.
Expand your definition of Self to include the Universe;
This way you can have it all with nothing to lose.
- "Chao Te Ching" Chapter 13

Jaidyn Casey

As for the incorrect attributions of the various Principia editions, that will be fixed accordingly on the website, but can an admin correct it on the original post since I am unable to? Thanks.
Having and not having
both create frustration.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on December 24, 2012, 11:31:05 PM
Hello everyone! I am here for the OP, Rev. Judas IMOK. Due to some issues with his epilepsy he has not been on the internet/computers much at all the last few months. Partly because of the effect his screen has on his eyes and also because more often than not, recently he is without an internet connection. He left me to deal with his archive and such. So, apologies for his sudden disappearance.

Anyhow, I am not able to edit his original post with any new books that you may have for me to add, but I can add them to his website. So if there is anything to add let me know. I shall also read through all the posts he has missed if there is anything there.

Sucks for Judas.  Sorry to hear that, send him our best.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on December 24, 2012, 11:35:27 PM
As for the incorrect attributions of the various Principia editions, that will be fixed accordingly on the website, but can an admin correct it on the original post since I am unable to? Thanks.

I will do, sorry i've been leaving it on the long finger.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on December 24, 2012, 11:31:05 PM

Shit, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope things improve for him soon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jaidyn Casey

Thank you everyone for your concern for Judas, and thank you to Faust for fixing the error on the OP. That said, I do hope to be here often. I myself am new to Discordianism but have learned allot from Judas. Hopefully I will fit right in here... as far as to be expected among Discordians that is. ^_^

Having and not having
both create frustration.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on December 25, 2012, 06:41:24 PM
Thank you everyone for your concern for Judas, and thank you to Faust for fixing the error on the OP. That said, I do hope to be here often. I myself am new to Discordianism but have learned allot from Judas. Hopefully I will fit right in here... as far as to be expected among Discordians that is. ^_^

Just use sound logic in your arguments, and you'll be fine. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 26, 2012, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on December 25, 2012, 06:41:24 PM

Just use sound logic in your arguments, and you'll be fine. :)

Sound logic is OK but Sight Logic, Touch Logic, Taste Logic and Smell Logic are also acceptable. Maybe Logic, may at times, find some sense of acceptance. Fuzzy Logic is generally reserved for when we have a good supply of MDMA. Techno Logic has its own subforum.

We used to accept Ill Logic until h0list tried to cure it... sadly it died due to an overdose (I tried to tell him that point one part per billion was way too much...)

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jaidyn Casey

Rev. Judas IMOK and I put together a compilation book that we wanted to give to the community here. It is contains nothing new and many of you likely already have all the contents of it individually. However for anyone new coming in here, I thought it would be good to have these books in a single PDF

Along with a few random documents spread throughout the book and the PD, it contains

The Wise Book of Baloney,
The Et Cetera Discordia, (great book, but at 127MB, it pushes the overall size to 147MB)
The Black Iron Prison
and The Chao Te Ching.

We dedicate this PDF to the PD.com community and hope at least some you enjoy it. If not mistaken, all the contents except the PD originated from the community here so we have you all to blame.

Thank ya.

For more info about the logic behind the selection, I have more info at
http://176.9.64.103/forum/index.php/topic,33985.msg1234765.html#msg1234765
Having and not having
both create frustration.

LMNO

It's sort of like a latter-day Apocrypha.  Thanks for compiling that!

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!