News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Mexican is given 10 years in jail for illegal immigration

Started by The Johnny, May 26, 2012, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

I cant find the fucking thread where we were discusing about how imprisoning illegal immigrants its a win-win situation (sardonically speaking), anyways

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/849694.html

Benjamin Lopez Patiño was sentenced to 10 years in prison at Arizona, where he was found guilty of illegally reentering the USA after being deported.

Those prisons arent gonna fill up on their own chappy!

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's exactly what the anti-immigration laws are designed to do. That's why ALEC writes and backs them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm only surprised that the US does not offer its own prison space to the governments of other countries.

Obviously, this would not be a vote-winner as a policy in the US...but it would be very popular with foreign governments, and so pretty lucrative.  And so long as such an arrangement was kept quiet, I could easily see that being the case within 15-20 years. 

Although China would probably get in on the game too, the US still has the superior infrastructure to support such an industry.  And by superior infrastructure, I of course mean "more prisons".

The Johnny

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 26, 2012, 03:40:03 PM
That's exactly what the anti-immigration laws are designed to do. That's why ALEC writes and backs them.

You are saying anti-immigration laws are designed to fill up prisons?

Im a bit dumb from working all night, so im not sure what you mean.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2012, 04:01:18 PM
I'm only surprised that the US does not offer its own prison space to the governments of other countries.

Obviously, this would not be a vote-winner as a policy in the US...but it would be very popular with foreign governments, and so pretty lucrative.  And so long as such an arrangement was kept quiet, I could easily see that being the case within 15-20 years. 

Although China would probably get in on the game too, the US still has the superior infrastructure to support such an industry.  And by superior infrastructure, I of course mean "more prisons".

That's brilliant, from a for-profit prison perspective.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on May 26, 2012, 04:04:47 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 26, 2012, 03:40:03 PM

You are saying anti-immigration laws are designed to fill up prisons?

Im a bit dumb from working all night, so im not sure what you mean.

That is exactly what I'm saying. http://www.npr.org/2010/10/28/130833741/prison-economics-help-drive-ariz-immigration-law

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2012, 04:01:18 PM

Well, in cases where theres someone that has done major crime in both Mexico and USA that imply a life sentence, the usual prefered option is to have them make their sentence in a USA prison... the cited reason is usually stated as revolving around prison security and fear of corrupt agents setting them free in Mexico, but maybe the industry side of the issue takes a part of it in the decision.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Its terrible how i was making a joke out of this actually happening a week or 2 ago, and there it is.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

QuoteHe says it's not about prisons. It's about what's best for the country.

"Enough is enough," Pearce said in his office, sitting under a banner reading "Let Freedom Reign." "People need to focus on the cost of not enforcing our laws and securing our border. It is the Trojan horse destroying our country and a republic cannot survive as a lawless nation."

lmao

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Is the money invested in prisons somewhere close to military spending in the budget?

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 26, 2012, 04:07:12 PM
That's brilliant, from a for-profit prison perspective.

I know, right?  And once you've got the prisoner, you can really put the screws to the host government, when it comes to payments.  I mean, if the alternative to paying a higher premium is setting the prisoner free, somewhere in their country of origin...

Without any sort of conscience, I would now be filthy rich.

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on May 26, 2012, 04:18:00 PM

Is the money invested in prisons somewhere close to military spending in the budget?

On the federal level, it's not even close.  2011 budget for prisons was $6.8 billion.

However, when you throw in state and county level prisons, you're looking at closer to $47 billion in 2008.

QuoteOnly Medicaid spending grew faster than state corrections spending, which quadrupled in the past two decades, according to the report Monday by the Pew Center on the States, the first breakdown of spending in confinement and supervision in the past seven years.

By comparison, $663.84 billion was spent on the US military in 2010.

The Johnny

Im gonna look up mexican spending percentages on these areas, and math how much percentage it is for the USA just for kicks. (later on do, i really need some sleep  :fnord:)

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on May 26, 2012, 04:18:00 PM

In 2010 military military spending was ~ $684 billion. I don't have 2010 data for prison spending, but in 2007 it was ~ $74 billion.

Profit is, by design, the single most powerful motivating force in the US. We have privatized prisons-for-profit, and it's a huge industry with a lot of money. That industry has a powerful lobby that drafts laws and pushes them in front of Congress. The American Legislative Exchange Council http://www.alec.org/ exists to serve the corporations that own the prisons. A great many of our congresspeople are members of ALEC. Many of the laws that affect who is criminalized and what the penalties will be are drafted in ALEC meetings.

ALEC creates and supports laws like the Safe Neighborhoods Act, three-strikes laws, stiffer drug penalties, and zero tolerance in schools.

This is not a conspiracy; this is just business.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's funny, I talk about this, and people often think I'm talking about some theoretical scenario that no one's really pinned down. It's well-documented. :lulz:

ALEC drafts bills calling for zero-tolerance in schools, and CCA http://www.cca.com/ owns the security companies that get the contracts to police the schools.

How expedient.