News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Mexican is given 10 years in jail for illegal immigration

Started by The Johnny, May 26, 2012, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and we should probably not neglect to mention that not only does ALEC donate heavily to the political campaigns of those who support their interests, but also, the prison corporations they represent are publicly-traded and many lawmakers and judges are shareholders.

You might think that seems like a conflict of interest, but this is America, where we have Freedom.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

They must have been working on a way to bring back legal slavery since the Emancipation.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 26, 2012, 07:57:21 PM
They must have been working on a way to bring back legal slavery since the Emancipation.  :x

As a matter of fact, it was the abolition of slavery that initiated the practice of "convict lease", in which prisons leased out (mostly black) prisoners as a captive labor force to the plantations and businesses that had formerly relied on slave labor. This practice came to an end (for the time being) in 1933, but the War on Drugs created a boom in prison population in the 1980's, opening a grand new opportunity for incarceration profiteers. They have thrived, and are constantly seeking ways to expand their market.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Maybe its never really gone away, then. Just went dormant for awhile in the 20th century and came back with a vengeance.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Look down, look down
you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down
you're standing in your grave.

Good thing the US isn't like 19th century France...  :horrormirth:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

No, the French have always had nice and wholesome food products.