News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Texan judge gives 17 year old honour student jail time for truancy

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, May 27, 2012, 01:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on June 07, 2012, 11:12:24 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 07, 2012, 07:19:43 AM
Quote from: Net on June 06, 2012, 11:30:46 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 02, 2012, 01:33:30 AM
Quote from: :regret: on June 01, 2012, 11:50:33 PM
Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on May 31, 2012, 03:34:38 AM
Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on May 31, 2012, 03:26:52 AM
This is like something straight out of Rash. Just wait till the prisons are run by multinational corps who use the prisoners as indentured workers to create their goods. Middle ages here we come!

Whaddaya mean, "just wait"?
The largest owner of prisons in the USA is Corrections Corporation of America
(Their stocks are doing well this year)
Apparently Goldman Sachs is the Designated Market Maker, though i have no idea what that means exactly
Soooo, yeah. The future is now! Aren't you glad to be part of the future? To know that the ones pulling the strings now were your classmates!

:lol: I keep thinking that if we all screech about this loud enough, people will actually pay attention.

But nope.

Have you researched ALEC yet? Ever since I found out about them I've been trying to get people to look them up so they have a better understanding of what's going on, but for the most part everyone seems to think that's too much work.

:?

http://swampland.time.com/2012/04/09/alec-what-it-does-and-why-three-major-corporations-cut-ties/

http://www.policymic.com/articles/6970/alec-dropped-by-reed-elsevier-joins-mcdonald-s-and-pepsi-in-mass-exodus

http://www.katu.com/politics/national/-Amazoncom-drops-affiliation-with-political-group-153781495.html?m=y&smobile=y

What's the confusion-face part?

It seems that people are looking up ALEC more than ever. How else do you explain the mass exodus?

Also, what do you think are the most important things that people ought to know? I've been considering making infographics with references to disseminate through the web and print.

They are, now, finally, and they should be, but it's taken forever and it's amazing how dismissive even other activists have been when I've tried to talk about just how balls-deep in the erosion of civil rights ALEC is. But I did see the first "STOP ALEC" flyers at school a few months ago. 

1. ALEC is behind most or all "Tough On Crime" and "Three Strikes" laws.
2. ALEC is behind anti-immigrant laws that criminalize being in the country without documentation, including expired work or student visas.
3. ALEC is behind most or all "Zero Tolerance" laws that criminalize minor students for trivial infractions.
4. Prison corporations provide the high-school security contracts that enforce the "Zero Tolerance" laws.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."