News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Zombie!

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, May 29, 2012, 03:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on May 29, 2012, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on May 29, 2012, 04:59:15 PM
What the hell is that?:lol:
it's a philosophical thought experiment.  interesting, but not really related to the serious question at hand. i was just being goofy.

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 29, 2012, 05:13:35 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2012, 05:08:24 PM
I think we also have to consider the concept of muscle memory, too.  A concealed gun permit owner likely has more experience with firearms than your average zombie.  Therefore, they are likely to be better shots, even in death.  The way to hold a gun and squeeze the trigger will come to them more naturally, much in the way after years of practice, martial artists can perform certain techniques without conscious and deliberate control.

It may be better that, come the start of a zombie apocalypse, we immediately round up and liquidate those with extensive combat training.

An excellent point. Iin the case of this particular zombie though, he was naked and locations for hidden firearms would be greatly reduced.
He could still have been skilled in unarmed combat.  a Kung-Fu Korpse, of sorts.

hey, someone needs to make a zombie movie where they aren't just runners,  but enhanced in agility.  Parkour Zombies out to get you.  it would be creepy, action packed, and have the possibility of some real comic relief.

Lightning Zombies from D&D...

The zombies from 'Legend' were kinda like that... though the movie sucked so badly, maybe it shouldn't count :D

Though honestly, I think part of the horror is the 'shambling hoard' nature of zombies, they aren't smart or fast, they're just inevitable.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Elder Iptuous

i remember the zombies in Legend being strong... were they agile in a Parkour type fashion?  :?

i hadn't heard of the lightning zombies, so i did a search and it popped up on a list of top 10 gayest D&D monsters.
based on the description given, they do sound pretty fabulous....

i know what you mean by the inevitability of the zombies being their biggest creep factor, but they just never seemed like certain doom to me if they were the shambling type.  It always seemed at some point that the protagonists behaved as ridiculously as the guy getting run over by the steam roller in Austin Powers...

this thread has me chomping at the bit for season 3 of Walking Dead...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Our DM used lightning zombies once and then we ruled against them for future use :D

I think the Legend zombies were simply not 'shambling', they retained their human skills, so a Parkour human turned zombie (or darkwalker or whever stupid name they had) would retain their Parkour abilities.

It was basically humans with a template of 'sensitive to sunlight/hunger for human flesh' added, IIRC.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

As written to death i think the zombie genre is (i see them as on par with vampires as far as horror goes) i would shell out money to see a movie with both parkour and kung fu zombies. Hopefully the camp factor will effectively kill the genre for at least a decade. I doubt it though.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

The only zombie movie of the last four years worth a damn is Zombieland.  That is because a) it's mostly not about zombies, and b) Bill Murray.

Anna Mae Bollocks

People are starting to believe in them, you know. I had a lady bending my ear about "necro mortosis virus" just a couple of weeks ago. You THINK they're winos but they're zombified from a government virus that got out and you have to shoot them in the head.  :horrormirth:

Might have a repeat of this soon. Only with zombies and winos, not vampires and bodies.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division