Any of you spags ever raised an orphaned wild mouse before?

Started by East Coast Hustle, May 29, 2012, 09:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

East Coast Hustle

Anyway, this thread isn't about BH or Wyldkat.

Mortimer seems to be doing OK. There's nowhere around here to buy kitten formula, but I found the nutritional requirements for nursing mice and matched it to some baby formula. I think he's old enough that he can live off that for a few days until he can start to get some solid food.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Nephew Twiddleton

Ech- take care of that mouse.

Twid
being wicked feckin drunk
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Epimetheus

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on May 30, 2012, 07:32:49 AM

Twid

We said our goodbyes, and at that, the man I had known for so long turned away from me, and walked. My eyes misted and my lips quivered, and I reached my sleeve up to wipe away the pain. It didn't work.
As he neared the doorway, he stopped a moment.
"Oh...and ECH," he said faintly.
"y...Yes?" I struggled to maintain my voice. He turned his head to look straight into my eyes.
"Take care of that mouse."

navkat

You bleeding heart Lib'ruls need to stop supporting those who won't do for themselves.

I say tell the lazy sonofabitch to get a JOB and throw him out the door. Sink or swim, you mousy fuck.

trippinprincezz13

Hmm, we'd caught a little mouse years ago scurrying across our floor in the last apartment. He was small enough that he must have gotten separated from his mother, but also had his eyes open and was wandering about on his own. So unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what to do if they're still nursing. We have had him for the past 5 years now and it's the cutest thing ever.

He's survived one or two attempts by the cat to pull his cage down (normally keep him closed in the bedroom, but cat slipped in when back was turned - though I think he was just as scared as the mouse was by the crash. Surprised the mouse survived that and didn't die from shock alone). Of course now if we let them in the same room together the cat will poke his nose at the cage and the mouse will run up to him like he's one of us coming to give him food and the cat's more curious than anything. Needless to say we don't let the snake play with the mouse.

Good luck. If you can get him past the nursing stage, think it should be able to start having regular food soon. Like I said, when we found ours, seems like he was just over the nursing stage and get separated from his family.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Epimetheus on May 30, 2012, 07:58:01 AM

Twid

We said our goodbyes, and at that, the man I had known for so long turned away from me, and walked. My eyes misted and my lips quivered, and I reached my sleeve up to wipe away the pain. It didn't work.
"y...Yes?" I struggled to maintain my voice. He turned his head to look straight into my eyes.

That's brilliant
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Twid

That's wicked fuckin awesome.

So there's a happy ending to the story. I'm up in the same storage unit today and I come across the new nest with mama and the babies in it. They're in an old plastic grocery tote with some blankets and newspaper. So I close it up quick before she can freak out and jump out like last time, and after I'm done I go home and get Mortimer and after a few minutes managed to get mama mouse to take him back into the tribe. Successfully repatriated and seemingly none the worse for wear.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Epimetheus

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on May 30, 2012, 10:44:55 PM

Twid

That's wicked fuckin awesome.

So there's a happy ending to the story. I'm up in the same storage unit today and I come across the new nest with mama and the babies in it. They're in an old plastic grocery tote with some blankets and newspaper. So I close it up quick before she can freak out and jump out like last time, and after I'm done I go home and get Mortimer and after a few minutes managed to get mama mouse to take him back into the tribe. Successfully repatriated and seemingly none the worse for wear.

The mental image of ECH + babby mice rescuing has just made me go "aaaw" and doing the female equivalent of Roger's pance tightening.  Which is weird because I'd never think of ECH in that way.. Maybe it's big manly hands rescuing teeny mouse..  :?