News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Robert Bly - The Mythopoetic Men's Movement

Started by Bu🤠ns, May 30, 2012, 03:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It seems obvious to me that this is a concept that can bear exploration. I'm not sure that context is very amenable to exploration, though; it might have too much baggage to lend itself to critical and constructive examination.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lord Cataplanga

That's the old existential conundrum, isn't it?
How to live your life when no one tells you what to do and everything seems too complicated.

Life in the past was very difficult but, in retrospect, very simple. Life now is a lot easier, but more complex.
I can deal with complexity, so obviously I prefer my modern, easy, complex life. So do most of you.
I can see why some people might feel differently, though.

Bu🤠ns

What appeals to me about it is that it's a model for maturity.  I look at it as a model that I can discard when it's not working.  If, say, I apply it to my kids, right now i can see my son has a lot of the Magician/Lover aspects and my daughter has a lot of the Magician/Warrior.  Maybe it might be an indicator to get my son into martial arts and spend some more time being mindful with my daughter. 

This is just off the cuff, but I don't really intend to take it terribly seriously, either.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Even with the thread drift, that one didn't suck.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

Re-Bump

Burns and I were just talking about how to embrace masculinity without the toxic parts. He kindly linked me to the post ITT about the mature masculine archetypes, which I found very interesting.

Good thread all around