News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

4th of July

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 05, 2017, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

This is a great 4th of July.  Congress is dumb, the president is a clown, and we're all standing around and waiting for the end.

Well, maybe you are.

What we have in front of us is a series of technical challenges.  How to deal with global warming and an insanely large world population.  How to squeeze out more energy from a limited set of natural resources.  How to pull a Spiro Agnew on Pence before Trump has a stroke.  Sounds bad, but so does everything if you're scared.  Or addicted to postmodernism. 

But, you know, we went to the moon.  We split the atom, because why the fuck not?.  THEN we survived the cold war.

So, yeah, shit looks bad.  Shit looks really bad.  But so what?  The worst thing that can happen is that we die trying, and yanno, that's gonna happen anyway.

So stop your worrying, and learn to love the insanity for its own sake.  It's what we've always done.

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chucklemaster

YEAH :mittens:
This is the world. It's changed and it's changing, but we're not in another fucking universe all of a sudden. That feeling of hopelessness? That's a pretty common symptom of NOT TRYING. That feeling of we're-all-doomed? That's because WE ARE, UNLESS WE GET OFF OUR ASSES AND WORK. We should have been doing this a long time ago, but that's not what matters, what matters is that we don't say that tomorrow.
Because we'll have already started.
blah blah blah the rest of the song

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chucklemaster on July 05, 2017, 02:07:26 AM
YEAH :mittens:
This is the world. It's changed and it's changing, but we're not in another fucking universe all of a sudden. That feeling of hopelessness? That's a pretty common symptom of NOT TRYING. That feeling of we're-all-doomed? That's because WE ARE, UNLESS WE GET OFF OUR ASSES AND WORK. We should have been doing this a long time ago, but that's not what matters, what matters is that we don't say that tomorrow.
Because we'll have already started.

DING.  Give that man a cigar.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

I've been eating raw meat so I don't become another SJW cuck. The last thing I want to do is hand over another election to another Trump. Also vegeterianism will be forced on everyone after I devour every animal on earth.