News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Zombie outbreak speads to Maryland

Started by Cain, May 31, 2012, 10:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I dunno. Brits also pronounce it wuss-tah. Or rather woos-tah-shy-uh
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

:lol: yup. Our crazy talk isnt out of the blue. It actually comes from a nation of people who couldnt spell.

Anna Mae Bollocks

They compensated with extra letters and syllables.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on June 02, 2012, 06:39:10 AM
I think you guys just mangle 'em like that to make outsiders look st00pit.  :lulz:

That's a thing I think locals do everywhere.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah is true. We get a kick out of new yorkese outlanders when they pronounce mattapan muh-tappin' like it sounds like manhattan. Mattapan is pronounced matt-uh-pan. Unless youre from mattapan and then you generally pronounced it murdah-pan.

Anna Mae Bollocks

They make "Lynn" easy, though. Something to ponder.  :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Well if lynn didnt sound like lynn they would have that old rhyme about it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Wouldnt rather. Lynn lynn the city of sin you never come out the way you went in.

Anna Mae Bollocks

:lulz:

Stephen King actually worked that into "Cell" but he borked it into "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin, when you go to heaven they won't let you in."

I think by the time I moved there, the scene was kaput. I didn't see any more vice than I do anyplace else. Lots of Hell's Angels, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 02, 2012, 07:20:04 PM
Yeah is true. We get a kick out of new yorkese outlanders when they pronounce mattapan muh-tappin' like it sounds like manhattan. Mattapan is pronounced matt-uh-pan. Unless youre from mattapan and then you generally pronounced it murdah-pan.

Oregon is always entertaining, because nobody pronounces it right, and then there's the Willamette. A lot of our place-names are pronounced using coastal indian inflections, which means that the emphasis is on the first or second syllable and not the last one, as a lot of people seem to assume. There's shit in Oregon that even locals argue the pronunciation of.

It gets really fucking hairy in Washington, though. Nobody from out of the area can really be expected to pronounce that shit. Dosewallips? Humptulips? Lilliwaup? Skookumchuck? Tillicum? Sequim? Yeah, GOOD LUCK TOURISTS. You're fucked forever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah from what i understand its not too bad now. Dorchesters the same way as is east boston. Mattapan is still shitty.

Rev. Judas IMOK

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 02, 2012, 08:58:14 PM

Oregon is always entertaining, because nobody pronounces it right, and then there's the Willamette. A lot of our place-names are pronounced using coastal indian inflections, which means that the emphasis is on the first or second syllable and not the last one, as a lot of people seem to assume. There's shit in Oregon that even locals argue the pronunciation of.

It gets really fucking hairy in Washington, though. Nobody from out of the area can really be expected to pronounce that shit. Dosewallips? Humptulips? Lilliwaup? Skookumchuck? Tillicum? Sequim? Yeah, GOOD LUCK TOURISTS. You're fucked forever.

I can vouch for this. I find it incredibly amusing though.
In honor of St. Oreo... Patron Saint of Fellatio, Ovulating Penguins, and Anti-Tea Drinking Chinese

MMMu

Nephew Twiddleton

The northwest has some crazy ass names right there

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. Judas IMOK on June 02, 2012, 09:03:49 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 02, 2012, 08:58:14 PM

I can vouch for this. I find it incredibly amusing though.

It's pretty good. Especially the Puyallup fair.