News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

The Pickup Artist ends up alone and depressed like we all knew he would

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 18, 2016, 08:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It's PUA slang:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=last+minute+resistance

QuoteThe resistant behavior of women emotive circuit that elicits right before first-time sex is called last-minute resistance...

Every woman has hardwired into her head a behavioral circuit that works to protect her from getting pregnant by a man who has no intention of sticking around to help raise the child. The resistant behavior this emotive circuit elicits right before first-time sex is called last-minute resistance. It is your job to ease her through this uncomfortable emotion should it arise. Having sex carries a much larger risk and investment for a woman than it does for a man from an evolutionary perspective. Last-minute resistance is her last line of defense before the point of no return.
A woman's LMR threshold may differ from person to person, and a woman's own LMR threshold will change depending on the value of the man she is about to sleep with and other circumstances. Here are some common last minute resistance threshold points:
1.Kissing
2.Touching breasts
3.Top removal

Shit test

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shit+test

QuoteA test that a girl performs on a male by saying or doing something to judge the reaction or response from him.
I talked all the night and didn't let that chick perform her shit tests on me man, until she got drunk.

We went out together and everything was great. But, I failed one shit test, and got dumped.

Yes. they really do think this way

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 21, 2016, 11:33:05 AM
I've always had a special loathing for this kind of areshole based on the creepy lingo alone. As far as I can recall, any acronym I've had to figure out has always just been fucking horrible. That said, as far as I can tell everyone involved in this shit is a waste of carbon in general.

They are basically a well crafted cult. The proprietary lingo goes with the rest of what they really sell, the sense of being superior just by buying their shit. My evil side even admires the craftsmanship of it, but only that.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2016, 02:30:05 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on February 21, 2016, 11:33:05 AM
I've always had a special loathing for this kind of areshole based on the creepy lingo alone. As far as I can recall, any acronym I've had to figure out has always just been fucking horrible. That said, as far as I can tell everyone involved in this shit is a waste of carbon in general.

They are basically a well crafted cult. The proprietary lingo goes with the rest of what they really sell, the sense of being superior just by buying their shit. My evil side even admires the craftsmanship of it, but only that.

It basically grew out of attempts to apply NLP to getting laid, so this is no surprise.

The Wizard Joseph

I think I get it now. Thanks Cain!

That definition... made my brain feel wrong. I think it's because for most people the "last minute resistance" isn't an abstract thing to be circumvented. It's a person who may have second thoughts. It's dehumanizing... I'd go so far as to say diabolical. "Venusian" arts indeed. :kingmeh:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

"Rapey Arts" didn't have as many positive associations with test audiences

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on February 21, 2016, 02:38:44 PM

"Manufacturing Consent" was taken..

I'm a bad person.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2016, 02:53:52 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 21, 2016, 02:38:44 PM

"Manufacturing Consent" was taken..

I'm a bad person.

:D You're both very funny persons.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Freeky

The shittiest part is that at least some of the guys who are paying for these scumbags to teach them the mystical arts of getting laid and getting a girlfriend are not actually bad people, they are just socially inept and believe the hype that wimminz is so differnt.  There has to be some.  So the bullshit they peddle about how a man has to act is damaging to them because these guys don't know any better.

Or something.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on February 21, 2016, 04:55:06 PM
The shittiest part is that at least some of the guys who are paying for these scumbags to teach them the mystical arts of getting laid and getting a girlfriend are not actually bad people, they are just socially inept and believe the hype that wimminz is so differnt.  There has to be some.  So the bullshit they peddle about how a man has to act is damaging to them because these guys don't know any better.

Or something.

Some of their info isn't so bad in itself and could even help a shy person or someone that just never got comfortable with sexual social interaction. I'm sure that there's been a bit of incidental good from their efforts, but that isn't where the money comes from, and they know it. I'm kinda tempted to "counter-market" them one day, but that would have to be a very firm decision if I took it seriously. There's a non-sleazy basic framework of concepts that they approach. Things like body language reading and a certain amount of the techniques for "set opening" or approaching a group of strangers. Thing is, the exact same basic knowledge is useful in a non-sexual context. That's how I separate the wheat from the chaff. I ask myself "would this be useful outside of the predatory context of the marketing."

For the counter-marketing to work it would simply need to appeal to a wider audience and openly shame the creepy and profoundly misogynistic and cis centric cult they've already built. This way folks may buy to learn or buy to "counter the enemy". Either way the cash rakes in and business expands.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Oh yeah, totally.  Having good hygiene, taking pride in how you look, be confident, be open about what you support and believe in (apparently, this is "branding" and falls under long-term social proof), these are all really good, positive things that are PUA basics.  These, combined with techniques on how to approach strangers, are about all that's good.  The rest is :vom:

Freeky

You could use their approach to advertising themselves and their services, under the right circumstances and tweaked a bit. 

I'm gonna spend a minute killing all these minecraft zombies and then come back to this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2016, 06:49:17 PM

Some of their info isn't so bad in itself and could even help a shy person or someone that just never got comfortable with sexual social interaction.

Teaching people to manipulate others does not help them.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2016, 10:18:19 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2016, 06:49:17 PM

Some of their info isn't so bad in itself and could even help a shy person or someone that just never got comfortable with sexual social interaction.

Teaching people to manipulate others does not help them.

See and there's a line to be drawn. Reading body language and responding in kind with your own can manipulate. Just the knowledge could prevent you from missing a clear positive signal, or it could potentially save your life in rough company.

A directly subversive technique like vile "negging" is outright disgusting and exploitative.

I guess what would be needed is an ethical code in place of their distorted sense of priority and use of knowledge. Perhaps an emphasis on genuine expression and self-value? I don't know. You make a damn good point.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl