News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

On the Nature of the Truth™, selected fragments (more or less as I think of them

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 06, 2012, 07:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

One thing we must all remember is that neither Nigel nor LMNO are the answer.  Nor are they in fact the question.  No, for LMNO is the awkward pause between the question and the answer, and Nigel is the kick in the junk and/or the slap in the face that goes with the answer.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

We must not mock or berate Waffle Iron for being a beardo, for he does not wear the beard.  The beard wears him.  And to mock his beard in any sense would be disrespectful and unpatriotic (and we are nothing if not patriotic), because that beard fought in Vietnam.  It was wounded twice at Khesanh, and recieved the Silver Star for valor for chasing the Viet Cong out of tunnels in South Korea.  So an exception to our normal doctrine concerning filthy fucking beardos must be made in this case.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

EK WAFFLR

It is a beard of many talents, so it is possible that the ID it gave me was forged.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 06, 2012, 07:08:55 PM
One thing we must all remember is that neither Nigel nor LMNO are the answer.  Nor are they in fact the question.  No, for LMNO is the awkward pause between the question and the answer, and Nigel is the kick in the junk and/or the slap in the face that goes with the answer.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

When the Irish first came across the Atlantic pond to America, they forgot their leprechauns.
Instead they got Twid. Make of that what you will.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

It IS possible to survive as a breatharian, provided that you remain within 100 feet of me and that I have a supply of Indian food.  My eruptions are so dense, you can actually filter nutrition out of them.

Hey, nobody said spiritualism was gonna be pleasant, right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 07, 2012, 04:39:18 PM
It IS possible to survive as a breatharian, provided that you remain within 100 feet of me and that I have a supply of Indian food.  My eruptions are so dense, you can actually filter nutrition out of them.

Hey, nobody said spiritualism was gonna be pleasant, right?

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

3:45 And Nigel instructed the multitudes, saying, "The only animal you may not fuck is the chicken; for it alone among beasts cannot return your love.  Likewise, the only facility that is banned unto thee is the port-a-potty, for man was not meant to shit in a smelly closet.  So go hence, and shatter them with your hammers and adzes and mattocks, that thou might make a big blue lake for the betterment of all."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Once Payne stood in front of the Great Gates of Reason, on the Southern end of The City.  Payne did remonstrate with the crowd, pointing out their foibles and their errors and telling them to SHUT UP.  The unclean, being ignorant of WRATH or even IPA, did begin to mock Payne, and then even to throw stones at him.  As the stoning intensified, Payne did look out over the crowd and say, "Ouch!  Shit!  That hurts!"

The Good Reverend Roger

How do they stand it?  All worried about what other people think about them and all pissed because they're all worried about what they think other people think about them and thinking this whole mess is somehow YOUR fault.

But I know...There is no answer because they CAN'T stand it.  And that's why they ARE the way they are.  They long since got to the point where they stood on their rooftops and shouted "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!" and NOTHING HAPPENED.  Then they said it AGAIN but EVEN LOUDER and STILL nothing happened.  Even LESS NOTHING happened than last time.

So they took whatever internal regulator there is in people off and the flywheels are spinning and screaming and red hot and emitting a foul-smelling smoke. And they don't have the BALLS to become SERIAL KILLERS so they just get MORE NASTY.

Why do you REALLY think we are supporting a pointless and obviously morally fucked-up war?  Do you fools think it really has anything to do with POLITICS?  Do you think it has anything to do with THE MEDIA?  Do you think it is because of GREED?

If so, WAKE UP PUPPET BOYS!  You've become CYNICAL, but not CYNICAL ENOUGH.  You've become CYNICAL, but not to the point that you LAUGH UNTIL YOUR GUTS BLEED.  You've become CYNICAL, but not cynical enough to believe that a whole nation of overfed, overindulged fatass fabulously wealthy white people can support the organized destruction of a nation of brown people NOT because they believe in it, NOT because they're STUPID, NOT because they've been duped by some well-organized CABAL, but simply and for no other reason than that they are NASTY and ILL-TEMPERED.

We WANT to kill thousands, or tens of thousands of NASTY SMUDGY PEOPLE not because we have ANY reason whatsoever for it but because we are MAD at our husbands, wives, children, brothers and sisters because they changed the TV CHANNEL while we were WATCHING SOMETHING, and we haven't got the BALLS to stand up for ourselves so we TAKE IT OUT ON SOMEBODY ELSE.

There IS no other reason, and that's why you can talk politics until you're blue in the TITS but you will NEVER find a political reason which explains it SANELY.

We go to war because we are NASTY CHICKENSHITS who DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THE PETTY-ASS FRUSTRATIONS which constitute our LIVES.

No this is not the CLEAN FLAME THROWER WHITE HATE of a MUTANT DISCORDIAN I'm talking about here.  Just LOOK at them.  LOOK at the nasty bitter pinched evil faces around you, Brothers & Sisters. They aren't even capable of getting PISSED OFF correctly.  They DISLIKE their own ODOR.

You know who you are.  You know if you are one of them.  You know if you have been there chewing on your own teeth hating everybody while HOPING DESPERATELY that they LIKE you.  And you know, if a little part inside of you responds to that description, that it is CUNTS LIKE YOU that allow all the -real- evil in the world to go on.

Fuck you all and the armadillos you rode in on.

Anna Mae Bollocks

They have a new thing they've started doing. Something about standing your ground that means chasing people down and shooting them.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division