News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

On the recurrence of discussions

Started by The Johnny, June 09, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 11, 2012, 06:04:32 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on June 11, 2012, 05:54:31 AM
That's all well and good. I guess I just haven't seen the same evidence. No reason for me to assume you haven't though. Proceed. Get down witcha bad self.

Since I doubt you have meticulously followed every conversation I and others have been in with RWHN over the last 5+ years, yes, it's pretty safe to say that you are correct in saying that there's no reason for that assumption.

:oops: Be patient with me Nigel...I'm just a kid!
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Anna Mae Bollocks

There's some things that will make you lose respect for a person, Ep. Even the common respect you'd give to a wino on the sidewalk.

Don't know how old you are..but you'll find out.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 12, 2012, 11:47:00 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 11, 2012, 06:04:32 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on June 11, 2012, 05:54:31 AM
That's all well and good. I guess I just haven't seen the same evidence. No reason for me to assume you haven't though. Proceed. Get down witcha bad self.

Since I doubt you have meticulously followed every conversation I and others have been in with RWHN over the last 5+ years, yes, it's pretty safe to say that you are correct in saying that there's no reason for that assumption.

:oops: Be patient with me Nigel...I'm just a kid!

She's far too brave to grant you mercy.

No, you need encouragement!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Epimetheus

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 11:58:39 PM
There's some things that will make you lose respect for a person, Ep. Even the common respect you'd give to a wino on the sidewalk.

No, I do get that. It's not the shit-flinging itself I have a problem with, it's the disingenuousness revealed by, like I said, pretending to have a discussion and then kicking that pretended respect out the window. Seems crapweasely (to use Nigel's term) to me. Especially when the other side is giving signs of openness to discussion (even if, internally, they are completely and utterly closed).

Not that there aren't levels of fucking-with-someone I'm willing to take part in - but at the point where it'd be a nasty act if done to anyone else, I think that's where I'm out. In other words, the excuse of having fun is cool, but the excuse of vengeance alone doesn't slide.
Not much for "an eye for an eye", me.

Again, naivete? Maybe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 13, 2012, 12:15:26 AM

No, I do get that. It's not the shit-flinging itself I have a problem with, it's the disingenuousness revealed by, like I said, pretending to have a discussion and then kicking that pretended respect out the window. Seems crapweasely (to use Nigel's term) to me. Especially when the other side is giving signs of openness to discussion (even if, internally, they are completely and utterly closed).

Well, THAT'S an interesting view of the situation.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 12:19:07 AM

OKAY OKAY OKAY

Let's not take this to that place again....
I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DRUGS DISCUSSION!
Just a hypothetical here.
Just a hypothetical.

I do realize the RHWN thing has history, and history I don't know about. I'm not that dumb.
Granted, it was an impression I got from that discussion, yes. But I'm not saying that impression was right, at this point.  In fact let me say it was WRONG! I hope that was cleared up. I'm moving from that original impression to a general hypothetical.

Just a hypothetical here. 'k?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 13, 2012, 12:23:04 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 12:19:07 AM

OKAY OKAY OKAY

Let's not take this to that place again....
I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DRUGS DISCUSSION!
Just a hypothetical here.
Just a hypothetical.

I do realize the RHWN thing has history, and history I don't know about. I'm not that dumb.
Granted, it was an impression I got from that discussion, yes. But I'm not saying that impression was right, at this point.  In fact let me say it was WRONG! I hope that was cleared up. I'm moving from that original impression to a general hypothetical.

Just a hypothetical here. 'k?

LET THE ENCOURAGEMENT SINK IN, EPI!  (*thump, thump*)

Epimetheus

:lol: Dammit Rev....gonna have to get eye-for-an-eye up in here, pretty soon.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 13, 2012, 12:26:25 AM
:lol: Dammit Rev....gonna have to get eye-for-an-eye up in here, pretty soon.

That's a rather pacifistic approach, I think.  I prefer the "two eyes, left testicle, and nerve gas your city for an eye" approach.  I have grown soft in my old age, of course.

AFK

Not that there aren't levels of fucking-with-someone I'm willing to take part in - but at the point where it'd be a nasty act if done to anyone else, I think that's where I'm out. In other words, the excuse of having fun is cool, but the excuse of vengeance alone doesn't slide.

Again, naivete? Maybe.

Yes, you see son, we can't be letting Evil walk around all willy nilly like it owns the joint.  It must be PUT IN IT'S PLACE.  Otherwise, your kids will end up in jail, or worse, the boy scouts.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 13, 2012, 12:42:52 AM

Again, naivete? Maybe.

Yes, you see son, we can't be letting Evil walk around all willy nilly like it owns the joint.  It must be PUT IN IT'S PLACE.  Otherwise, your kids will end up in jail, or worse, the boy scouts.

I got a truckload of Preparation H for a Mr Butthurt...

...Someone want to sign for this?

AFK

Evil doesn't feel the burn.  Evil IS the burn.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 13, 2012, 12:47:02 AM
Evil doesn't feel the burn.  Evil IS the burn.

Well, Evil's been the burn on every thread on PD in the last half hour or so.  Better sign for this load anyway, just to be...well, safe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2012, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 11, 2012, 03:23:40 PM
  The fact that he continues to post here, even when some threads turn into one person vs the entire board (and can often get kind of ugly), speaks volumes to me about what kind of person he is.

The fact that he treats anyone who disagrees with him as a slave to peer pressure tells me what kind of person he is.

What broke it for me was when I said that my MPH friend holds the opposite view from him regarding the effect of the criminalization of drugs on youth use rates, and asked if it is possible that both viewpoints had validity. His response was to tell me that my MPH friend must be "misinformed". He strongly implied that he has an MPH, and that was the genesis of my questioning of his credentials because much of his reasoning seems inconsistent with that of anyone I know who has an MPH, but when I asked directly what his degree was, he would not answer.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

I know, right?  Evil is fucking everywhere.  Quick, hide your socks!