News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

On the recurrence of discussions

Started by The Johnny, June 09, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I've used the word "unbecoming" towards my wife.  But only when I want that special lovin' that leaves you satisfied, worn out, and in a body cast.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

although i'm confused,upset, and saddened, i'm simply going to make good on my promise to give wide berth.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 13, 2012, 05:57:45 PM
although i'm confused,upset, and saddened, i'm simply going to make good on my promise to give wide berth.

Go back and read your initial post.  You lectured.

Just saying.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

i said 'i feel the vitriol is unbecoming'.  that was an assessment of the situation as a whole, not directed at any particular person.  If that was taken as lecturing to any particular person or condescending, that was not intended, and i would apologize for that.  nor were the connotations that are being attached to the term.

LMNO

I swear to God, Jake.  If you take me back into Chinatown one more fucking time...
                          /

AFK

The vitriol really doesn't bother me personally, and I know I have taken a couple of shots at AMB in particular, I have my 'ook ook' moments with the best of them.

It is interesting though how the discussion evolves and how some of the responses get framed.

Of course, from my perspective, I feel part of that is a lack of onformation and understanding of the larger system.  A good point is that nobody here, still, really understands what my job is.  Some people still think I'm a counselor, others think I'm standing in front of kids all day doing my Nancy Reagan impression.  Most think because I'm federally funded I have Uncle Sam dictating and controlling every move I make, which if you were actually sitting in my seat, you would realize is completely ludicrous.  Fuck, I can't get them to anwer a simple e-mail, they certainly don't have time to babysit.

And just today at my commission meeting, we were all sitting around the table discussing keeping kids and non-violent drug offenders out of the system.  But, this is just the sort of thing we Bad People do.  But, if that makes me Bad, i'll proudly wear that banner.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

LMNO,
i would also like to personally apologize to you for saying that i agreed with your post, and then making a comment that turned out to be inflammatory.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 13, 2012, 06:56:49 PM
I swear to God, Jake.  If you take me back into Chinatown one more fucking time...
                          /

WE NEVER LEFT.

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 13, 2012, 06:57:46 PM
The vitriol really doesn't bother me personally, and I know I have taken a couple of shots at AMB in particular, I have my 'ook ook' moments with the best of them.

Your shots missed, dumbass.

QuoteIt is interesting though how the discussion evolves and how some of the responses get framed.

Of course, from my perspective, I feel part of that is a lack of onformation and understanding of the larger system.  A good point is that nobody here, still, really understands what my job is.  Some people still think I'm a counselor, others think I'm standing in front of kids all day doing my Nancy Reagan impression.  Most think because I'm federally funded I have Uncle Sam dictating and controlling every move I make, which if you were actually sitting in my seat, you would realize is completely ludicrous.  Fuck, I can't get them to anwer a simple e-mail, they certainly don't have time to babysit.

We understand perfectly. You write grant proposals and talk out of your ass.

QuoteAnd just today at my commission meeting, we were all sitting around the table discussing keeping kids and non-violent drug offenders out of the system.  But, this is just the sort of thing we Bad People do.  But, if that makes me Bad, i'll proudly wear that banner.

Nobody gives a fuck about your "options" for kids you don't quite have enough dirt on to actually prosecute, or your intervention camps or whatever the fuck you're alluding to this time. Go fuck spiders.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
Nobody gives a fuck about your "options" for kids you don't quite have enough dirt on to actually prosecute, or your intervention camps or whatever the fuck you're alluding to this time.

Um...

Nope.  Walking away.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 13, 2012, 07:23:36 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
Nobody gives a fuck about your "options" for kids you don't quite have enough dirt on to actually prosecute, or your intervention camps or whatever the fuck you're alluding to this time.

Um...

Nope.  Walking away.

NO.  YOU SAY, "SURPRISE ME, ERIS", AND THEN YOU GRAB ONTO YOUR ASS AND SMILE.

LMNO

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, WROTE THE BOOK.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 13, 2012, 07:36:57 PM
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, WROTE THE BOOK.

Grabbing your ass and smiling is not a task that you complete.  It is a way of life.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.