News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

On the recurrence of discussions

Started by The Johnny, June 09, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on June 13, 2012, 11:28:57 PM
I like how this attempt to dissect the mechanisms of debate regarding threads that always devolve into a shitshow has, itself, turned into one of those threads.

:lulz:

Christ, sometimes you guys are a steaming pack of assholes. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

AFK

Quote from: Net on June 13, 2012, 11:56:57 PM
Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 13, 2012, 11:47:00 PM
So you should easily be able to tell me exactly how many of those studies, and which ones, involved the smoked form of marijuana. 

You asked me to present you the studies, you tell me, Watson.

Not that smoked marijuana has much relevance to it's medicinal use, but have at it.

:)

You don't know.  Just as I thought.  But there is already a drug thread for discussing drugs, so if you find out the answer to my question, feel free to post it there. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 13, 2012, 11:59:32 PM
Quote from: Net on June 13, 2012, 11:56:57 PM
So you should easily be able to tell me exactly how many of those studies, and which ones, involved the smoked form of marijuana. 

You asked me to present you the studies, you tell me, Watson.

Not that smoked marijuana has much relevance to it's medicinal use, but have at it.

You don't know.  Just as I thought.  But there is already a drug thread for discussing drugs, so if you find out the answer to my question, feel free to post it there. 

You do your own homework, Watson.

Lenin McCarthy

I don't think you're that bad actually, PD. The internal discussions of the political party youth wing I'm a member of are like PD drug/libertarianism threads, AND the discussion topics are things like male circumcision.

Epimetheus

You should be able to answer his initial question in regards to why they would publish the studies he linked... Net's initial question was not regarding smoked marijuana. You are irrelevantly narrowing the criteria.

Net, you made the claim that they have published studies/articles on all three kinds of pro-marijuananess. You are under the burden of proof for that claim.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on June 14, 2012, 12:18:56 AM
I don't think you're that bad actually, PD. The internal discussions of the political party youth wing I'm a member of are like PD drug/libertarianism threads, AND the discussion topics are things like male circumcision.

And I would bet money that one has NOTHING on the pregnancy newsgroup. I've never seen such viciousness in my life!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 14, 2012, 02:19:02 AM

You should be able to answer his initial question in regards to why they would publish the studies he linked... Net's initial question was not regarding smoked marijuana. You are irrelevantly narrowing the criteria.

I was addressing the supposition that I ignored these studies when they were first posted.  I anwered Net's question already.  Scientific research tends to be published in scientific journals, however, the point I was making was that these studies aren't making the case for smoked, medical marijuana.  I've not denied that research has shown promising prospects But what I have argued is that research should be allowed to continue to develop a better administration vehicle that is less prone to diversion and abuse.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Epimetheus

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on June 14, 2012, 04:04:29 AM
ASS

HOLES

(Disclaimer; You guys aren't the Assholes - you're looking down into the Assholes....so to speak. as per the movie)
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 14, 2012, 04:55:39 AM
ASS

HOLES

(Disclaimer; You guys aren't the Assholes - you're looking down into the Assholes....so to speak. as per the movie)

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Epic.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

I think that's my favorite shoop ever. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 14, 2012, 04:55:39 AM
ASS

HOLES

This is brilliant.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Epimetheus on June 14, 2012, 02:19:02 AM

Net, you made the claim that they have published studies/articles on all three kinds of pro-marijuananess. You are under the burden of proof for that claim.

Do you see how he tries to change the subject and weasel out of the original question? It's like RWHN wants me to hold his hand, read him each study, and explain what all the big words mean.

I provided him the evidence, the ball is in his court. I'm not doing his homework for him. It clearly has medicinal value, according to the National Cancer Institute, and typical use of marijuana in it's smoked form does no damage to people's lungs.

This is where he runs off to suck NIDA's dick and gargles the FDA's balls.