News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

On the recurrence of discussions

Started by The Johnny, June 09, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 02:59:11 AM
It also occurs to me that due to my email signature, Nigel also knows what room my desk is in too.  :lulz:

That'll be super-useful if I ever get real observant and also go to Boston again.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Gotta say that from what I know of Twid, the research he's working on, and the people he's working with...

1. Man I have some hard, hardcore nerd envy and

2. He is not talking lightweight research here. This is the real deal. And some. And a half again of that.

Big respect on the full-on ups.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 03:28:16 AM
It also occurs to me that due to my email signature, Nigel also knows what room my desk is in too.  :lulz:

That'll be super-useful if I ever get real observant and also go to Boston again.  :lulz:

Well, you'll run into a few snags if you try to find me there:

It's rather difficult to find the front door. No lie. Everyone always gets lost on their first day.
To get in the front door, you need key card access.
To go anywhere on the elevator except to three floors, you need regular key card access. One is not accessible from the building at all (to keep them out, not us out. We share a structure with another entity), one floor is reception (you won't see much at all on the first floor) and one is special clearance (let's just say that floor does a different sort of research).
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 03:32:22 AM
Gotta say that from what I know of Twid, the research he's working on, and the people he's working with...

2. He is not talking lightweight research here. This is the real deal. And some. And a half again of that.

I'm a regular grunt at this stage, but I was working for (on the same floor as now) one of the most important scientists in his field, and one of his most promising former students. The funny thing was, I had no clue about the two of them until I already got the job. Then I thought, "oh shit...."

Nephew Twiddleton

RWHN, if you are curious about what Nigel and I are talking about, I'm ok with you knowing, so if you want to know, I'll PM you.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 03:36:23 AM

It's rather difficult to find the front door. No lie. Everyone always gets lost on their first day.
To go anywhere on the elevator except to three floors, you need regular key card access. One is not accessible from the building at all (to keep them out, not us out. We share a structure with another entity), one floor is reception (you won't see much at all on the first floor) and one is special clearance (let's just say that floor does a different sort of research).

Also, I'm on the flexible part-time schedule.

Is Twid at work? Who knows. ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 03:53:27 AM

YOU LUCKY ASS!!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 03:39:01 AM

I'm a regular grunt at this stage, but I was working for (on the same floor as now) one of the most important scientists in his field, and one of his most promising former students. The funny thing was, I had no clue about the two of them until I already got the job. Then I thought, "oh shit...."

Yeah, NO shit, you goddamn fortunate fucking motherfucker! Am I a huge dick if I now say "luck of the Irish"? :p

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 04:00:50 AM

YOU LUCKY ASS!!!!

Pfft. I can give you comparative screen shots of my paychecks between now and working for Dr. S if you like.

Twid,
Yeah. Lateral moves are "awesome"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 04:02:57 AM

Yeah, NO shit, you goddamn fortunate fucking motherfucker! Am I a huge dick if I now say "luck of the Irish"? :p

Here's the thing about the luck of the Irish. It's fleeting.

Also, 800 years of England.

But I will admit, that will be a hard job to top. And stressful though it was, it will be hard to find a boss that I like more.

Hell, I was even saying today that the job was more than I can handle, and I miss it, and I would do it again. I loved the variety. I loved the mental stimulation. It was never fucking boring.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 04:26:24 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 04:02:57 AM

Here's the thing about the luck of the Irish. It's fleeting.

Also, 800 years of England.

But I will admit, that will be a hard job to top. And stressful though it was, it will be hard to find a boss that I like more.

Hell, I was even saying today that the job was more than I can handle, and I miss it, and I would do it again. I loved the variety. I loved the mental stimulation. It was never fucking boring.

And this was directed to a coworker, at approx 6:20 pm Boston time.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Tell me it's not puppies.  :sad:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 04:22:57 AM

YOU LUCKY ASS!!!!

Pfft. I can give you comparative screen shots of my paychecks between now and working for Dr. S if you like.

Twid,

Dude, my job is social work. You know what the typical MSW can hope for, wage, wise? I'm not on an MSW track, and I'm actually really happy about that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 04:47:10 AM

YOU LUCKY ASS!!!!

Twid,

Dude, my job is social work. You know what the typical MSW can hope for, wage, wise? I'm not on an MSW track, and I'm actually really happy about that.

2/3rds of my take home was wiped out.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 05:02:35 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 04:47:10 AM

YOU LUCKY ASS!!!!

Twid,

2/3rds of my take home was wiped out.

AND I don't have the excitement of working directly for Dr. S anymore.

No, I'm a data coordinator which is a BS title to legitimize the admittedly good hourly pay rate I get at admittedly bad hours per week.