News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Nigel, EOT: Your daily MILWAUKEE

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 13, 2012, 02:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

But you have to GO.  You have to get the FULL EFFECT.

The people that go there because they LIKE it are the people of the smashed chromosome.  They must be identified, classified, and typed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It looks like they have one in San Marcos and a few in SA, so research is probable at some point. 
But I don't think it's a good idea to consume anything there until it's established that nothing in the food MAKES people like that.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 07:35:44 PM
It looks like they have one in San Marcos and a few in SA, so research is probable at some point. 
But I don't think it's a good idea to consume anything there until it's established that nothing in the food MAKES people like that.

I ate at a Cracker Barrel in Lake Charles, LA, and I'm JUST FINE
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 07:36:44 PM

You might have some genetic mutation that makes you immune to the Cracker Barrel Lobotomy Virus. This calls for further study.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 05:26:47 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 02:09:54 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on June 13, 2012, 04:26:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 03:13:41 AM

Causes 300 cases of death by kitsch per month.

HA HA!!

somehow i've never actually gone there, but i love seeing it from the freeway. i guess it was my "flight" instinct. it's probably meant to thin the flood of visitors from illinois.

I drove past it for years.  Then one day, I made myself stop there.

It's fucking awful.  It's this horrible gift shop thing.  In the back, there's this depressing bar & grill that was once just tacky, but is now worn out and tacky.  It's like someone dropped Coney Island on Kenosha.  They make the worst bratwurst in America.

DUUUUUUDE

Now I HAVE to go there.

Pics and a full report, I hope.  :lol:

It looks like a Buccee's and Stuckey's mashup. With CHEESE.
I hope it has the Stuckey's souvenier toilet humor items interspersed with pictures of Jesus.

Stuckeys was an American institution.  They somehow exceeded 1970s airline food in sheer horror.

But the gift shop at Mars is one of THOSE places.  You can buy anything you'd ever want to give to someone that you had absolutely no attachment to or feelings for, whether it be love, hate, or whatever.  It is clean and well lit, and the products are displayed properly...And it's DISMAL ANYWAY.  It's like going to a Cracker Barrel restaurant/kitsch shop FOREVER, and that's just in the first 5 minutes.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 07:36:44 PM

:spittake:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."