Main Menu

All of you are wrong about everything

Started by Golden Applesauce, June 12, 2012, 05:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 05:21:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 04:59:48 PM
Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on June 12, 2012, 04:58:35 PM
"America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate"

I got nothin'.

Europe seems more evolved to me. There's a lot fucked up over there but at least they have job benefits, good public transportation and enough realism to tolerate at least some vices. I think of America as a case of arrested development stuck at the draconian, puritanical shit stages that got imported over here a few hundred years ago.

Hence my argument that the British actually won the American revolution.

"Here's 200 years worth of religious nutbags.  Oops, gotta go."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Store-bought mayonnaise: not actually food. Rather, some unholy combination of industrial lubricant and titanium dioxide.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

You are right in your argument against my argument.

:hammer:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 05:21:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 04:59:48 PM
Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on June 12, 2012, 04:58:35 PM
"America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate"

I got nothin'.

Europe seems more evolved to me. There's a lot fucked up over there but at least they have job benefits, good public transportation and enough realism to tolerate at least some vices. I think of America as a case of arrested development stuck at the draconian, puritanical shit stages that got imported over here a few hundred years ago.

Hence my argument that the British actually won the American revolution.

"Here's 200 years worth of religious nutbags.  Oops, gotta go."

:horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Forsooth

Opinion: Except in very specific circumstances, mixing two foods together that one already likes should result in some thing at least equally as tasty, if not greater.

Sample exceptions: mixing a hot food and a cold food; old/expired foods; etc.

Examples: hushpuppies and salsa; chocolate milk and cereal; combining Coca-Cola and Pepsi; etc.

EK WAFFLR

Despite the importance of oil, Norway's primary export is actually the "ø". The "ø" was developed by Norwegian scientists in the early 1800s only to be used in emergencies. After the Cold War however, the "ø" was finally released and available for worldwide sale. An "ø" on eBay is likely to cost an estimated $ 12.99 (transportation not included), while a custom made "ø" like the ones used by Stephen Colbert in the Wørd and several Colbertwood facilities cost anywhere from $ 100,000 up to $ 5,000,000. Approximately 68 percent of Norway's GNP stems from this export.
Critics have pointed out that also Denmark uses the "ø". These people are communists.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Forsooth on June 12, 2012, 07:31:17 PM
Opinion: Except in very specific circumstances, mixing two foods together that one already likes should result in some thing at least equally as tasty, if not greater.

Examples: hushpuppies and salsa; chocolate milk and cereal; combining Coca-Cola and Pepsi; etc.

OMG TOTALLY

LIKE ICE CREAM AND CORNED BEEF!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Forsooth

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 12, 2012, 07:47:19 PM

OMG TOTALLY

Fuck yes, add a tortilla to catch the dippings and dinner is served

Don Coyote

OMG TOTALLY

For some reason I want to do that.

East Coast Hustle

OMG TOTALLY

Oysters on the half-shell and fresh strawberries!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on June 12, 2012, 08:11:34 PM

OMG TOTALLY

Oysters on the half-shell and fresh strawberries!

Three words for you, my good man:

Salt and Straw.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote