News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

All of you are wrong about everything

Started by Golden Applesauce, June 12, 2012, 05:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 13, 2012, 01:11:07 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 01:41:08 PM
The world was wrecked the moment Kaiser Wilhelm I fired Otto Von Bismark.

Bismarck outlived Wilhelm I. It was his son who fired him.

It was his grandson, actually.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on June 12, 2012, 04:58:35 PM
"America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate"

"Exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition"? Really? Julius Caesar was funded by Crassus so Crassus and his political allies could recover losses incurred by making bad bets about the profitability of property taxes in Asia Minor. We learned all this shit from you, we just allow our government to act in favor of the wealthy with fewer civil wars.  And don't give me any nonsense about "lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality." We have the Great Awakening, Pentecostals, bluegrass, and soul music.  On the other hand, Germany and Norway have some of the highest rates of depression in the developed world, and Europe in general is the most religiously and spiritually apathetic continent.

Come to the National Storytelling Festival this October and then see if you can call America soulless.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 02:17:08 AM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 13, 2012, 01:11:07 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 01:41:08 PM
The world was wrecked the moment Kaiser Wilhelm I fired Otto Von Bismark.

Bismarck outlived Wilhelm I. It was his son who fired him.

It was his grandson, actually.

A grandson is a type of son.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 13, 2012, 01:05:50 AM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 13, 2012, 12:58:50 AM
Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 12, 2012, 06:04:26 AM
Hey, you changed your avatar! Granted it was to another anime character, but it's progress.

I recommend that you choose Balky Bartokomous for your next avatar.

HAH! VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS, NOT ANIME CHARACTERS!

Although I suppose you could argue that Charmander is an anime character given the ridiculously long running anime which a member of his species was in for a season. But then you'd have to say that arbitrary humans are anime characters, because there were humans in that series as well.

I will admit that this particular avatar is not looking as good after a good night's sleep.

I'm not a dork, so I don't know the difference.

I replaced it with an avatar of an actual anime character, so that while you may be ignorant, you won't also be wrong.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on June 12, 2012, 05:39:56 PM
Store-bought mayonnaise: not actually food. Rather, some unholy combination of industrial lubricant and titanium dioxide.

Titanium dioxide is perfectly fine for human consumption. It's useful in industry for precisely the same reason it's safe to eat: the stuff is one of the most chemically inert solids we have. Granted, that doesn't make it nutritional, but it's hardly "unholy."

Strictly speaking, I'd have to concede that store-mayonnaise is more of a texturing agent than a foodstuff in its own right, but that's true of a lot of foods. Tomatos are biologically fruit but a culinary vegetable, because they go in regular salad and not fruit salad. By similar reasoning, mayonnaise is not only a food, but a green leafy vegetable.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Net on June 12, 2012, 05:42:46 PM
You are right in your argument against my argument.

:hammer:

Your argument is semantically incoherent, as its putative topic (an argument against it) couldn't exist, even conceptually.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on June 12, 2012, 07:40:28 PM
Despite the importance of oil, Norway's primary export is actually the "ø". The "ø" was developed by Norwegian scientists in the early 1800s only to be used in emergencies. After the Cold War however, the "ø" was finally released and available for worldwide sale. An "ø" on eBay is likely to cost an estimated $ 12.99 (transportation not included), while a custom made "ø" like the ones used by Stephen Colbert in the Wørd and several Colbertwood facilities cost anywhere from $ 100,000 up to $ 5,000,000. Approximately 68 percent of Norway's GNP stems from this export.
Critics have pointed out that also Denmark uses the "ø". These people are communists.

Google search for "norway ø" turns up about 8.5 million hits. A search on the same engine for "norway oil" has a over 110 million hits. Clearly, oil is the more important export.

It's true that an individual bespoke ø can as valuable as hundreds of thousands of barrels of crude, you're forgetting that the vast majority of them are merely employed as untypable letters in a CAPTCHA. Solving CAPTHAs goes for about US $.13 per hundred, so the average ø is only worth about 1 / 4 000th of cent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 03:09:26 AM
I can cornrow my ass hair.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 03:18:59 AM

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD?

Because I CAN, I MUST!

Have I mentioned that my family has only been upright for 3 generations?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 13, 2012, 02:23:54 AM
Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 13, 2012, 01:05:50 AM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 13, 2012, 12:58:50 AM
Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 12, 2012, 06:04:26 AM
Hey, you changed your avatar! Granted it was to another anime character, but it's progress.

I recommend that you choose Balky Bartokomous for your next avatar.

HAH! VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS, NOT ANIME CHARACTERS!

Although I suppose you could argue that Charmander is an anime character given the ridiculously long running anime which a member of his species was in for a season. But then you'd have to say that arbitrary humans are anime characters, because there were humans in that series as well.

I will admit that this particular avatar is not looking as good after a good night's sleep.

I'm not a dork, so I don't know the difference.

I replaced it with an avatar of an actual anime character, so that while you may be ignorant, you won't also be wrong.

That's not Balky. I believe I suggested Balky. I now demand Balky.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2012, 03:19:50 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 03:18:59 AM

Because I CAN, I MUST!

Have I mentioned that my family has only been upright for 3 generations?

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."