News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Aloha, or as they say in the old country, Hello!

Started by Tupac L. Porker, June 15, 2012, 08:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupac L. Porker

Quote from: Placid Dingo on June 16, 2012, 11:25:45 PM
Ok, I admit it, I'm actually Tupac.

It's true. Look I can make him say anything I want.

Flying monkey balls! 911 never happen!rfdvhj

Phox

Okay,  let's not get out of hand here. Besides, Tupac is Snake-Man. And we all know that I am actually Snake-Man. So, I guess that makes me Dingo and also Nigel. SWEEET.   :magick:

In all seriousness, however, Mr./Ms. Tupac, I would suggest that you simply stop posting in this thread altogether, let all the old timers shoot it out with each other without your commentary, read up on some of the threads around, here, and start a conversation in one you like.

Faust

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 16, 2012, 10:58:53 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 16, 2012, 10:10:22 AM
Lets all make baseless accusations against the only new blood the site has had in months, that's bound to turn things around.

Here we go again.
If I cared anymore I would have put in more then a glib one liner.  It would be nice to not accuse someone of being an alt for once though.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on June 17, 2012, 12:51:24 AM
Lets all make baseless accusations against the only new blood the site has had in months, that's bound to turn things around.

Here we go again.
If I cared anymore I would have put in more then a glib one liner.  It would be nice to not accuse someone of being an alt for once though.

IT'S A TRADITION! :crankey:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Well that is true, but it's also a such a cheesy cliché, not one you just see here at PD but every forum.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on June 17, 2012, 09:57:31 AM
Well that is true, but it's also a such a cheesy cliché, not one you just see here at PD but every forum.

I... I don't know what to say. I always assumed that's why people were so blatantly ridiculous about it? Isn't it a joke? I mean, I got the exact same thing when I showed up, and have seen every single new person since me receive the same treatment, sometimes being accused of being five different regular users' alts at once, so I always just thought it was a tongue-in-cheek hazing ritual.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 17, 2012, 10:10:21 AM
Quote from: Faust on June 17, 2012, 09:57:31 AM

I... I don't know what to say. I always assumed that's why people were so blatantly ridiculous about it? Isn't it a joke? I mean, I got the exact same thing when I showed up, and have seen every single new person since me receive the same treatment, sometimes being accused of being five different regular users' alts at once, so I always just thought it was a tongue-in-cheek hazing ritual.

So its all a joke when ten people do it and then someone pm's me to check their IP address which has happened at least two or three times in the last year, which means I'm probably not the only admin who gets those.

Great Joke, lots of thrills, will enjoy seeing it again.

AFK

Not to mention that it isn't very logical.  I mean, there are plenty of idiots who use the internet, it isn't very far fetched that we are getting unique individual idiots as opposed to the same two or three. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 17, 2012, 01:31:10 PM
Not to mention that it isn't very logical.  I mean, there are plenty of idiots who use the internet, it isn't very far fetched that we are getting unique individual idiots as opposed to the same two or three.

No you don't get the joke, we ironically decide they are past users and ironically give them shit for it.

East Coast Hustle

Here we go again.

Faust is absolutely right, though. Of course we're going to attract a fair amount of ZANY PINEALISTS. We're friggin' PrincipiaDiscordia.com. A fair amount of US were ZANY PINEALISTS when we first showed up. So do we immediately jump on those people and shit all over them and make them not want to come back and learn things and broaden their understanding of what discordia can mean? I don't see how that's at all productive, unless we've decided that we want this forum to be a clique of the same dozen or so posters all the time. And for fuck's sake, it's not like it hurts you or costs you anything to put up with a little bit of that for however long it takes to determine whether we have a new and potentially intelligent poster who might end up being a worthwhile contributor or whether they're just a useless idiot.

Wait, I have an idea! What if we gave new posters 50 posts before we jump down their throat? I bet that would work great!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

00.dusk

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on June 17, 2012, 03:29:42 PM
Faust is absolutely right, though. Of course we're going to attract a fair amount of ZANY PINEALISTS. We're friggin' PrincipiaDiscordia.com. A fair amount of US were ZANY PINEALISTS when we first showed up. So do we immediately jump on those people and shit all over them and make them not want to come back and learn things and broaden their understanding of what discordia can mean? I don't see how that's at all productive, unless we've decided that we want this forum to be a clique of the same dozen or so posters all the time. And for fuck's sake, it's not like it hurts you or costs you anything to put up with a little bit of that for however long it takes to determine whether we have a new and potentially intelligent poster who might end up being a worthwhile contributor or whether they're just a useless idiot.

Wait, I have an idea! What if we gave new posters 50 posts before we jump down their throat? I bet that would work great!

UNHEARD OF

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh christ, fuck you. You want your board to be an uptight wasteland of LOL23FNORD and fragile flowers who can't fucking camp on rocky ground? Fine. Keep on shitting down the necks of the few regular posters you still have. Got to fucking town.

Assholes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Gotta expand your audience and be all SHINY. Maybe if you keep it up long enough, this board can be just like EB&G, lol! Or 23ae.

Naw, it can't be ANYTHING OTHER than that the Wrong Side of the Tracks crew are DRIVING EVERYBODY AWAY, right?

:boring:

Faust

So what happened to it being a joke? Now it's that they can't  handle "rocky ground".

Curious how quickly that turned around. Sorry for shitting down your neck by Calling people out on monkey behaviour. I'll never question your sense of entitlement to make baseless accusations against people again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on June 17, 2012, 06:32:17 PM
So what happened to it being a joke? Now it's that they can't  handle "rocky ground".

Curious how quickly that turned around. Sorry for shitting down your neck by Calling people out on monkey behaviour. I'll never question your sense of entitlement to make baseless accusations against people again.

I said it was a hazing ritual, you useless, pole-assed fancyboy. Over the top. But what the fuck ever; you're going to pull the same routine you always pull, and in a month you'll be doing your usual BAWWW ROGER I WAS WRONG SAVE US you always do.

Your level of contribution/participation on the board has pretty much always been nothing more than bitching about it when you don't like what other people are posting, which makes you pretty hard to take seriously. So, fuck off.