News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Operation VaginaGASM

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, June 15, 2012, 09:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/14/155059849/michigan-state-rep-barred-from-speaking-after-vagina-comments

During a heated debate on the floor of the Michigan state House, Rep. Lisa Brown made an impassioned speech against a bill that seeks to put new regulations on abortion providers and ban all abortions after 20 weeks.

Brown, a Democrat, argued that her Jewish faith allowed for therapeutic abortions when the mother's life is in danger without regard to length of pregnancy.

"I have not asked you to adopt and adhere to my religious beliefs. Why are you asking me to adopt yours?" she said. But what came next is what got her in trouble: "And finally, Mr. Speaker, I'm flattered that you're all so interested in my vagina, but 'no' means 'no.'"

The Detroit News reports today the House Republican leadership did not allow Brown to speak on a bill about the retirement of school employees.

The News reports:

"'What she said was offensive," said Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville. 'It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company.'

"Majority Floor Leader Jim Stamas, R-Midland, determined Brown's comments violated the decorum of the House, said Ari Adler, spokesman for the Republican majority."

Brown called a press conference, today, the Detroit Free Press reports. She defended her use of the word "vagina," saying it is the "anatomically medically correct term."

"If they are going to legislate my anatomy, I see no reason why I cannot mention it," she said according to the Free Press.

"Regardless of their reasoning, this is a violation of my First Amendment rights and directly impedes my ability to serve the people who elected me into office," Brown added in a statement released by her office.

Mail a card with just the word VAGINA on it to:

Jase Bolger
Speaker of the House
PO Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Junkenstein

Quote"'What she said was offensive," said Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville. 'It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company.'

WOMEN - Please tell us the term you would prefer instead of "Vagina".

Because this guy is acting like a cunt.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Murmur

Gonna go out and buy a card...
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Juana

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 15, 2012, 10:21:42 PM
Quote"'What she said was offensive," said Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville. 'It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company.'

:lulz: I should have listed a huuuge number of synonyms on that card. That would have been funnier.

Quote from: Net on June 15, 2012, 09:39:38 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 15, 2012, 09:32:13 PM
Done.

8) :hi5: 8)
:lulz: It's a good idea. Mind if I spread the idea itself?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 15, 2012, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 15, 2012, 10:21:42 PM

:lulz: I should have listed a huuuge number of synonyms on that card. That would have been funnier.

Quote from: Net on June 15, 2012, 09:39:38 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 15, 2012, 09:32:13 PM
Done.

8) :hi5: 8)
:lulz: It's a good idea. Mind if I spread the idea itself?

By all means! I stole it myself.

Junkenstein

I'm actually rather surprised at all this. It's the closet I've seen to asking for a jake.

Because who knows, first women start saying they've got a vagina, next they'll be waving them in our faces.....

SA garbo- Considering how many synonyms there are it may be easier to ask which one/s do you find the most offensive?

I picked "Cunt" as the generic go-to, but it's hardly at the top of my "never say to women" list
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Juana

I find "meat wallet" and similar offensive because they objectify the female altogether. But other than that, I can't really think of anything.

Nephew Twiddleton

If a man is offended by vaginas its possible that hes gay. I might raise this possibility in one of the many cards i send to the man over the course of the year.

Nephew Twiddleton

Some medical illustrations might also be appropriate.

Nephew Twiddleton

A phot of a baby crowning with a text bubble so the baby can say vagina. The word vagina spelled with pictures of vaginae. This will be fun.

Nephew Twiddleton

Letters from "supporters" urging him to introduce a bill banning the word vagina from being mentioned at all in the state with a $100 fine as penalty. Gynacologists will not get a waiver. The letters should avoid using the word vagina.

Juana