News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

This place is shit. You are shit.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, June 20, 2012, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 20, 2012, 07:26:50 PM
Quote from: Twiddle Recall on June 20, 2012, 07:15:50 PM
Fair point.

What did malaul do in this instance?

Locked threads.  Usually when ECH or I or TTM scored a point against any bastard that would flirt with her.  She'd let her pet get a rebuttal in, and then she'd lock the thread "for the good of the board".

This is why we rarely - and only under extreme circumstances - lock threads.  I think it's been done once since 2006.

That's fair.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

The really interesting thing about PD is that our moderation is so light-handed because we all have PTSD from the previous regime.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 20, 2012, 07:29:52 PM
The really interesting thing about PD is that our moderation is so light-handed because we all have PTSD from the previous regime.

The old days almost sound like TCC.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

It was also really interesting when we had the anonymous mods.  When I say interesting I mean, a really bad idea!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 20, 2012, 07:31:04 PM

Worse, in some ways.  I was banned for being "too chaotic", but banning wasn't what usually happened.  What usually happened was that Hugh posted under 300 alts, to stir up shit, and then bitched at people for it.  Then he'd go into the database and read peoples' PMs, and then send bits of those PMs out of context to anyone involved (he did this to ECH and I, with PARTS of our PMs being sent to Bella).

Malaul adminned based on whether or not a guy would flirt with her.  Bella did a reasonable impression of being neutral, but it was only an impression.  She passively allowed all the other abuse.

There was a secret mod forum, in which they had little tea parties and of course plotted on how to deal with the WSOTC.  The board owner, Lauren, condoned all of this, and in some cases led the charge.  Most of us would have left immediately, except for sheer cussedness.

Eventually, of course, they had a falling out, and the revolution triumphed, both because of ECH's machinations and a mass exodus of anyone who would produce content.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 20, 2012, 07:32:08 PM
It was also really interesting when we had the anonymous mods.  When I say interesting I mean, a really bad idea!

Just for GP:  The anonymous mods were the exact same people.  Hugh had two anonymous mod accounts.

Faust

The funny thing about anonymous mods is that even if no one is moderating anything it still creates this air of paranoia and everyone suspects everyone else and is constantly on the look out for topics changing.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on June 20, 2012, 07:47:16 PM

The funny thing about anonymous mods is that even if no one is moderating anything it still creates this air of paranoia and everyone suspects everyone else and is constantly on the look out for topics changing.

In the old days, you didn't have to look very long.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 20, 2012, 07:36:19 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 20, 2012, 07:31:04 PM

Worse, in some ways.  I was banned for being "too chaotic", but banning wasn't what usually happened.  What usually happened was that Hugh posted under 300 alts, to stir up shit, and then bitched at people for it.  Then he'd go into the database and read peoples' PMs, and then send bits of those PMs out of context to anyone involved (he did this to ECH and I, with PARTS of our PMs being sent to Bella).

Malaul adminned based on whether or not a guy would flirt with her.  Bella did a reasonable impression of being neutral, but it was only an impression.  She passively allowed all the other abuse.

There was a secret mod forum, in which they had little tea parties and of course plotted on how to deal with the WSOTC.  The board owner, Lauren, condoned all of this, and in some cases led the charge.  Most of us would have left immediately, except for sheer cussedness.

Eventually, of course, they had a falling out, and the revolution triumphed, both because of ECH's machinations and a mass exodus of anyone who would produce content.

Maulaul was at EBG when I first landed there. Didn't know anything about this then but she was still kind of creepy. I think she might have come back once, pretty sure her and Bella are still friends.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

Quote from: Faust on June 20, 2012, 07:47:16 PM

Well, the way they did it was they all had numbers.  Mod # 1, Mod #2, etc.  And so one would. come along and fuck with your thread but you had no idea who it was, though in most cases I suspect it was Hugh

Kai

Oh wow, it's Fnordiscordia! Good to see yah. How's the kid?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Pope Pixie Pickle

Does anyone find it funny that we are being told that we are shit by a obese basement dwelling sockfucker with a massive fucking 4chan link in his sig?

I mean it's like the pot calling the kettle black.

East Coast Hustle

Remember, Pixie, that most of what TTM says is at least 50% taking the piss.

Also, I may or may not be lying through my teeth about him being morbidly obese and confined to a Hoveround scooter. :lulz:

Either way, he's pretty cool IRL.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Epimetheus

I think he she it was getting at a deeper truth - like, "We are all made of the feces of stars" or "This place is the shit of earthworms - fresh and nutrient-rich for the proper development of plant life."
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

AFK

TTM is good people, in my book, and I would echo Echo's sentiments.