News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Daily Discordia

Started by AFK, June 20, 2012, 01:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on September 16, 2012, 06:32:48 PM
Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 16, 2012, 06:22:50 PM
Well, fuck you too.

I can't place you, because many of you changed your names and you don't have a distinctive sig.

If you tell me who you were last time I was around here, I can decide if I want to respond in kind or just smile hello.

If you don't - well, I won't.

TGRR/Doktor Howl.

But here's the thing, Holist...You've already decided that you're coming back on despite not liking or trusting us, announced in a fit of butthurt when Nigel said she didn't want to hear about that homeopathy garbage again.  I am on board with that...It's junk science and superstitution, and the world has enough of that.  If that is your criteria for disliking and distrusting, sign me up on your little enemies list.  I'd like to, you know, beat the rush.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It's all going to go like this, isn't it?  :lulz:

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 16, 2012, 06:38:08 PM
TGRR/Doktor Howl.

But here's the thing, Holist...You've already decided that you're coming back on despite not liking or trusting us, announced in a fit of butthurt when Nigel said she didn't want to hear about that homeopathy garbage again.  I am on board with that...It's junk science and superstitution, and the world has enough of that.  If that is your criteria for disliking and distrusting, sign me up on your little enemies list.  I'd like to, you know, beat the rush.

Well, hello there  :)

You misunderstood me. This is perhaps to do with the fact that the word 'you' is both singular and plural in English, though I think you could have cottoned on when you read my first response to you. I decided to come back because despite (and in some  instances, because of) the massive unjustified verbal bullying, I liked a number of people here. Nigel, however, is not one of them. I don't take kindly to being welcomed back by someone who, a mere six months ago, called me a racist, sexist, uneducated, inarticulate slob (my summary), and did so (I still think so, even with hindsight) without real justification, without making even a half-assed attempt at understanding what I was on about or taking me for a person she doesn't know and instead took me for a bunch of stereotypes that she knows all too well - they are the products of her own mind, after all.

Butthurt? None left. Homeopathy? It has nothing to do with my criteria for liking or disliking, as in I dislike a number of people who are firm believers in homeopathy and like a number of people who believe it is a form of getting the placebo effect to work and nothing more. I happen to think there is more there (while there is also a great deal of sloppy reasoning and woo) - but right now, that's beside the point. I do dislike intellectually dishonest people, I am not very much in favour of hypocrisy and I get bored with shallow thinking.

Oh, and Cain: I believe that at this time there's no reason whatsoever for me to make any effort to "get on well", as you put it, with Nigel.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on September 16, 2012, 09:41:19 PM
You misunderstood me. This is perhaps to do with the fact that the word 'you' is both singular and plural in English, though I think you could have cottoned on when you read my first response to you. I decided to come back because despite (and in some  instances, because of) the massive unjustified verbal bullying, I liked a number of people here. Nigel, however, is not one of them.

And you misunderstand me.  While I may disagree with Nigel on a few things, and while some of my other friends may not like her at times, you are essentially a stranger.  Given that, you being openly hostile to her is a good enough reason for me to be hostile to you.

It's really just that simple, and your belief in a stupid thing like homeopathy just makes it funnier.  I'm not here to debate the supposed validity of homeopathy, I'm here to make fun of your belief in it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 01:16:33 AM
You misunderstood me. This is perhaps to do with the fact that the word 'you' is both singular and plural in English, though I think you could have cottoned on when you read my first response to you. I decided to come back because despite (and in some  instances, because of) the massive unjustified verbal bullying, I liked a number of people here. Nigel, however, is not one of them.

And you misunderstand me.  While I may disagree with Nigel on a few things, and while some of my other friends may not like her at times, you are essentially a stranger.  Given that, you being openly hostile to her is a good enough reason for me to be hostile to you.

It's really just that simple, and your belief in a stupid thing like homeopathy just makes it funnier.  I'm not here to debate the supposed validity of homeopathy, I'm here to make fun of your belief in it.

Yeah, the homeopathy discussion went out the window a few posts back. Where the fuck did this guy come from?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Dildo Argentino

Not your neck of the woods, clearly.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 01:16:33 AM

I want in on that.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on September 16, 2012, 06:18:20 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 16, 2012, 03:25:48 PM
Welcome back, Holist. I'm sorry your move to the UK didn't work out, but glad you are happily settled now. Also I hope we don't have to have that conversation about homeopathy ever again.

Hey, Nigel.

Hope dies last, as they say.

I would probably have taken your welcome at face value - but I spent an hour earlier today re-reading the "music - what it is" thread. Which has been moved to the peanut gallery, but I plan to start it over. I only got about halfway through, but I am already acutely aware that I don't like you and I don't trust you - not even as much as a complete stranger on the interwebs.

Let's see how it goes this time.

holist

:lulz: I love the smell of butthurt in the morning.

OK, then. I was willing to be nice and treat you like a human being, but it sounds like you don't want that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on September 16, 2012, 09:41:19 PMI don't take kindly to being welcomed back by someone who, a mere six months ago, called me a racist, sexist, uneducated, inarticulate slob (my summary), and did so (I still think so, even with hindsight) without real justification, without making even a half-assed attempt at understanding what I was on about or taking me for a person she doesn't know and instead took me for a bunch of stereotypes that she knows all too well - they are the products of her own mind, after all.

Oh, yeah... you said some really stupid things, I called you on it, and instead of clarifying or explaining you simply flounced. Now you're carrying a torch for me because I called you on saying stupid shit that made you look silly.

Join the club.

I think this is a good morning to spend mining that thread and bumping your idiocy... thanks for reminding me about it, I would never have remembered that!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: holist on September 16, 2012, 06:18:20 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 16, 2012, 03:25:48 PM
Welcome back, Holist. I'm sorry your move to the UK didn't work out, but glad you are happily settled now. Also I hope we don't have to have that conversation about homeopathy ever again.

Hey, Nigel.

Hope dies last, as they say.

I would probably have taken your welcome at face value - but I spent an hour earlier today re-reading the "music - what it is" thread. Which has been moved to the peanut gallery, but I plan to start it over. I only got about halfway through, but I am already acutely aware that I don't like you and I don't trust you - not even as much as a complete stranger on the interwebs.

Let's see how it goes this time.

holist

:lulz: I love the smell of butthurt in the morning.

OK, then. I was willing to be nice and treat you like a human being, but it sounds like you don't want that.

That's because you're so damned NIGEL all the time, ALL OF YOU, and he has to FIGHT TEH POWER!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH GOD

CAN'T BUMP!  :argh!:

Yeah, if we would just sit pretty and smile, they wouldn't be forced to take us down a peg or two.  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 05:06:58 PM
OH GOD

Yeah, if I would just sit pretty and smile, they wouldn't be forced to take me down a peg or two.  :lol:

Why can't you bump?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 05:07:35 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 05:06:58 PM
OH GOD

Yeah, if I would just sit pretty and smile, they wouldn't be forced to take me down a peg or two.  :lol:

Why can't you bump?

It's in the Peanut Gallery.

I just skimmed it, and am amused to note that other people (mostly you) were calling him racist, and you accused him of being sexist, several pages before I did because I was busy arguing with ECH about the origin of the term "grunge".  :lol:

But he latched onto me. I wasn't being very ladylike. Also I was quoting him and pointing out where HIS WORDS THAT HE TYPED sounded racist, or at least heavily Eurocentric, and it's hard to refute shit like that without actually admitting you're wrong so instead he decided that he wasn't going to talk to me until I stopped being so hostile, and then his white knight rode in to accuse me of misrepresenting him (when I quoted his entire posts, I guess that was a misrepresentation).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
But he latched onto me. I wasn't being very ladylike.

Well, can you blame him?  You being uppity and all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 05:26:34 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
But he latched onto me. I wasn't being very ladylike.

Well, can you blame him?  You being uppity and all.

I was asking for it.  :oops: