News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Daily Discordia

Started by AFK, June 20, 2012, 01:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 06:16:19 PM
Also, he specifically clarified that he is TGRR/Dok Howl when you asked him, after which you proceeded to get conciliatory. Why are you backpedaling now?

You need to try to imagine that I haven't been here in six months. With daily use, I guess remembering all the acronyms and tracking all the name changes becomes second nature. I made a mistake. I still seem to recall that back then, The Good Reverend Roger and Doktor Howl were two different nicks, perhaps used by the same person? Or I could just be wrong. A great deal has happened to me since then.

Also, I don't get the distinction between "backpedaling" and "admitting you were wrong", as those terms are used here. The first seems reprehensible, the latter is commendable... is there any other difference, or are they just assigned at will?
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on September 17, 2012, 06:11:32 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 05:42:24 PM
Having re-read that thread, it's fascinating... simply FASCINATING... that he retains hostility towards me but is positively conciliatory towards you, despite the fact that you were much more, ah, Roger hyperbolically confrontational in that thread than I was. What could make the difference? Hmmmm... I feel like I've seen this effect before. Somewhere.

I am glad you clarified that. Fidel Castro/Roger, somehow I ended up thinking that Doktor Howl was a different person. But if you are indeed The Good Reverend Roger of Welsh Prankster Cavepainters fame, it's fuck off to you, too.

Apart from that, ha bloody ha.

Away, me hearties!

No, but now I wish I was.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on September 17, 2012, 06:22:22 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 06:16:19 PM
Also, he specifically clarified that he is TGRR/Dok Howl when you asked him, after which you proceeded to get conciliatory. Why are you backpedaling now?

You need to try to imagine that I haven't been here in six months. With daily use, I guess remembering all the acronyms and tracking all the name changes becomes second nature. I made a mistake. I still seem to recall that back then, The Good Reverend Roger and Doktor Howl were two different nicks, perhaps used by the same person? Or I could just be wrong. A great deal has happened to me since then.

Also, I don't get the distinction between "backpedaling" and "admitting you were wrong", as those terms are used here. The first seems reprehensible, the latter is commendable... is there any other difference, or are they just assigned at will?

Sure there's a difference.  Admitting you were wrong means you admit you were wrong.  Backpedaling is modifying the argument to avoid admitting you were wrong.

Now tell me, Holist...Why is it that you bear no ill will to the MALES on this board that gave you a harder time than Nigel did?  You know, ECH or me, for example?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 06:09:06 PM
This is where the fun begins:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,31353.75.html

Some stuff from another thread is dragged in; for a good time, go to Holist's profile and click "read posts".

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Quote from: assholisti do think that the ability to write stories (i'm not sure about oral tradition) requires a robust, individual sense of self

i don't think living in a monocultural, tribal environment does, to anywhere near the same level

Here comes the ape analogy:
Quote from: some dickhead
i am saying that chimps are less individual, and so there must have been a point at which people became more individual

And hence the polar bear avvie:
Quote from: Some angry white fuckplease, don't start on that one, it's just not on

most bears are brown, us whities are in a shrinking, melting minority

Racist but new age. Libertard?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 06:25:40 PM

Sure there's a difference.  Admitting you were wrong means you admit you were wrong.  Backpedaling is modifying the argument to avoid admitting you were wrong.

Now tell me, Holist...Why is it that you bear no ill will to the MALES on this board that gave you a harder time than Nigel did?  You know, ECH or me, for example?

He knows he can't beat you guys but he figures we're "inferior". You know, like Those People.
The Snakeman strategy.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 17, 2012, 06:40:33 PM

He knows he can't beat you guys but he figures we're "inferior". You know, like Those People.
The Snakeman strategy.

Then perhaps it's time that Holist met the fearsome ARIZONA COCKROACH!

Dildo Argentino

I admitted I was wrong: I thought (mistakenly) you were Doktor Howl, who, I thought (perhaps mistakenly? this is still not clear) was someone different from The Good Reverend Roger. I now realise that you, currently Fidel Castro, were The Good Reverend Roger at that time.

I bear no ill will to anyone here presently. But, as I said, I have been re-reading that thread, too, and I couldn't help but notice that Nigel called me an undereducated idiot, a first-rate piece of shit, special needs, and a number of other, similarly insulting things (my gravest insult was calling her a bit daft and pointing out that she is easily led by people she defers to). As a result, as I said, I don't like her and I don't trust her. Neither do I like or trust you, though I actually think you did not "give me a harder time" than Nigel did (if "giving a harder time" is roughly being pointlessly hostile in an apparently entirely sincere manner and failing to actually consider what I say once the appropriate buttons are pressed). You gave me about as hard a time as she did. But, on the plus side, you were frequently funny and also, insult and ranting seemed to be a matter of idiom with you. And ECH did not give me a  hard time at all. He got in a bit of a tiff with my mate Subsymbolic.

Dildo Argentino

The Snakeman strategy.

I am not familiar with the Snakeman strategy. But I don't think any of you are inferior. I do think you have some strange passtimes, but, more importantly, I also think there is a communication problem here, and I want to see if I can deal with it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on September 17, 2012, 06:56:22 PM
I admitted I was wrong: I thought (mistakenly) you were Doktor Howl, who, I thought (perhaps mistakenly? this is still not clear) was someone different from The Good Reverend Roger. I now realise that you, currently Fidel Castro, were The Good Reverend Roger at that time.

AND Doktor Howl.

I bear no ill will to anyone here presently. But, as I said, I have been re-reading that thread, too, and I couldn't help but notice that Nigel called me an undereducated idiot, a first-rate piece of shit, special needs, and a number of other, similarly insulting things (my gravest insult was calling her a bit daft and pointing out that she is easily led by people she defers to).

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

As a result, as I said, I don't like her and I don't trust her.

Which, in MY book, equals "ill will".

Neither do I like or trust you, though I actually think you did not "give me a harder time" than Nigel did (if "giving a harder time" is roughly being pointlessly hostile in an apparently entirely sincere manner and failing to actually consider what I say once the appropriate buttons are pressed). You gave me about as hard a time as she did. But, on the plus side, you were frequently funny and also, insult and ranting seemed to be a matter of idiom with you. And ECH did not give me a  hard time at all. He got in a bit of a tiff with my mate Subsymbolic.

Just because I'm laughing doesn't mean I'm not serious.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on September 17, 2012, 07:00:20 PM
The Snakeman strategy.

I am not familiar with the Snakeman strategy. But I don't think any of you are inferior. I do think you have some strange passtimes, but, more importantly, I also think there is a communication problem here, and I want to see if I can deal with it.

The problem is that we communicated.

You are a homeopath freak, and we are mostly rationalists.  There's no happy ending to that.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 07:04:31 PM
As a result, as I said, I don't like her and I don't trust her.

Which, in MY book, equals "ill will".

Oh does it? I though ill will meant wishing to harm, or to attack, hating, etc.

In that case, ill will it is.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 07:05:25 PM
You are a homeopath freak, and we are mostly rationalists.  There's no happy ending to that.

That's not rational. And very pessimistic.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: holist on September 17, 2012, 07:23:26 PM

Homeopathy is bogus and nothing you think you know about it will change the fact that it is bogus.

Furthermore, your failure to recognize that it is bogus means you are likely to espouse other bullshit which we have no intention of considering. The likelihood of you saying something valuable in any discussion is fatally diminished by the fact that you think homeopathy is something other than outright nonsense. Therefore it is the judgment of this board that you are not a fully functioning human person for the purposes of discussion.

Also, if you backpedal away from your belief in homeopathy (or try to say "well I don't BELIEVE it exactly, I just think there might be blah blah blah"), we will immediately assume it means you are trying to please us. So please give up before somebody has to resort to drawing pictures of you.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on September 17, 2012, 07:31:07 PM
Quote from: holist on September 17, 2012, 07:23:26 PM

Homeopathy is bogus and nothing you think you know about it will change the fact that it is bogus.

Furthermore, your failure to recognize that it is bogus means you are likely to espouse other bullshit which we have no intention of considering. The likelihood of you saying something valuable in any discussion is fatally diminished by the fact that you think homeopathy is something other than outright nonsense. Therefore it is the judgment of this board that you are not a fully functioning human person for the purposes of discussion.

Also, if you backpedal away from your belief in homeopathy (or try to say "well I don't BELIEVE it exactly, I just think there might be blah blah blah"), we will immediately assume it means you are trying to please us. So please give up before somebody has to resort to drawing pictures of you.

TOO LATE.

:notnice:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."