News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

The painfully inevitable ACA discussion thread

Started by Cain, June 28, 2012, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Your Surpreme Court is a Death Panel: discuss.

(10 points)

LMNO

In about 2.5 hours, we'll find out how much of a dick Scalia really is.

Cain

No matter how the Supreme Court rules today, Ann Romney's tap-dancing hobby horse will still get better health care than the majority of Americans and Ann will be able to write it off.

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

I support repeal. Fuck Obama for his healthcare "solution" being to force me to buy insurance from a corrupt industry. Single payer or GTFO.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

I'm sure the Republican controlled Congress will make that their top priority to pass, should the ACA be shot down.

LMNO

I was trying to come up with a witty retort, but I see that Cain is on point, once again.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on June 28, 2012, 02:49:03 PM
I'm sure the Republican controlled Congress will make that their top priority to pass, should the ACA be shot down.

oh I agree. I'm just sick of the Democrats failing to play hardball like the republicans do.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: v3x on June 28, 2012, 02:57:52 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 28, 2012, 02:49:03 PM

oh I agree. I'm just sick of the Democrats failing to play hardball like the republicans do.

Republicans are good at convincing people that most people agree with them, which, of course, causes them to agree with them.

Most Americans approve of almost all of healthcare reform bits individually.

Yet somehow as a whole.....
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Wow, John Roberts was the deciding vote to uphold.  Who would have thunk it?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

the fact that democrats win any elections at all is evidence that they could beat the GOP into obsolescence, if they would just grow a spine. but most of them really are "centrist," so i am probably rooting for a party america doesnt actually have.

so, yeah i guess i should just quit whining and get on the bandwagon.

LMNO

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 28, 2012, 03:25:41 PM
Wow, John Roberts was the deciding vote to uphold.  Who would have thunk it?

Their strategy is to ignite the Tea Party and give them even more of a reason to defeat Obama in November.

Nephew Twiddleton

I doubt it. The tea party become more irrelevant each day. You cant sustain that amount of crazy especially when the next thing(tm) comes along- which in this case was occupy.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS