News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 20, 2013, 04:11:43 AM
The puppy was probably Uncle BadTouch's idea.

There's no indication that Uncle BadTouch is guilty of bestiality. Let us rightfully criticize him for what he is shown to endorse.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 04:23:34 AM
Oh, so you decided to make artwork for the artist on your own?

That is correct. It's a thing I do sometimes.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 04:23:34 AM
Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 20, 2013, 04:19:24 AM
Just to clarify:  This isn't an official image. I made it for fun because on the surface the project seemed pretty cool and I felt it was a fair participatory replacement to a request for an interview from Placid Dingo. I come here to find a thread which reveals there is far more backstory to this than I could ever hope to figure out.

Let's put it this way. You are a fan of a band. You know that the band is working on an album. The band is not done with their album. Are you going to create an image and pass it off as their album cover?

As a musician, I would dislike that, intensely.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 20, 2013, 04:31:11 AM

That is correct. It's a thing I do sometimes.

That's a thing you should stop doing immediately.

Bu🤠ns

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 04:32:56 AM

No, what I mean is that I donate art to other artists for free. I send it to them, they seem to like it, thank me very much, and then go on to use it for whatever they wish.  In this case there was a brief misunderstanding, which was quickly resolved.  I'm not trying to pass anything off as anything else.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 20, 2013, 04:46:25 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 04:32:56 AM

No, what I mean is that I donate art to other artists for free. I send it to them, they seem to like it, thank me very much, and then go on to use it for whatever they wish.  In this case there was a brief misunderstanding, which was quickly resolved.  I'm not trying to pass anything off as anything else.

Did you get Dingo's authorization for this?

Nephew Twiddleton

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 04:32:01 AM

Fair enough! But you do look pretty fucking metal!

UNOFFICIAL FAN ART! • UNOFFICIAL FAN ART! • UNOFFICIAL FAN ART!

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 05:06:07 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on December 20, 2013, 04:43:22 AM
what? why?

Are you speaking to me or Bobby?

You. I'm genuinely not sure what the issue is.  I mean my son made a picture of a scene from nightvale radio and didn't ask permission to do so. Although I doubt they would care. So if the quality of the work is the difference between the two, I'm guessing your objection it's a compliment to the quality of Bobby's work.  Aside from that I just fail to see the problem.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 20, 2013, 05:11:25 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 04:32:01 AM

Fair enough! But you do look pretty fucking metal!

That is indeed Metal, and I am a Metalhead, but I was not playing anything close to Metal in that picture. You are in fact, misrepresenting me with your fan art.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bu☆ns on December 20, 2013, 05:12:44 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 05:06:07 AM
what? why?

You. I'm genuinely not sure what the issue is.  I mean my son made a picture of a scene from nightvale radio and didn't ask permission to do so. Although I doubt they would care. So if the quality of the work is the difference between the two, I'm guessing your objection it's a compliment to the quality of Bobby's work.  Aside from that I just fail to see the problem.

Bobby's graphic seemed like it was the cover for the book.

In fact, it is not. Bobby is seemingly making an unsolicited and unauthorized advertisement. It's not about the quality. It's about the representation. I don't know what nightvale radio is, but since it is well known what Chasing Eris is here, any post that seems to represent it will have an air of representing it. Especially if it looks like a book cover.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 05:18:48 AM
what? why?

In fact, it is not. Bobby is seemingly making an unsolicited and unauthorized advertisement. It's not about the quality. It's about the representation. I don't know what nightvale radio is, but since it is well known what Chasing Eris is here, any post that seems to represent it will have an air of representing it. Especially if it looks like a book cover.

I redirect you to the album analogy.

I'm about to release an album. Someone posts a pic that looks like an album cover. I'm not around to say, "this is in fact, not the album cover."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 05:18:48 AM
what? why?

Oh.  But fan art is okay as long as it doesn't look like an unsolicited and unauthorized advertisement? You know, I know nothing about legal stuff like this so I'm not really qualified to argue this.  Off the cuff, I don't think it matters a whole hell of a lot.

(And, as a side note, you should totally check out nightvale radio podcast.)

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 05:25:57 AM
what? why?

I redirect you to the album analogy.

I'm about to release an album. Someone posts a pic that looks like an album cover. I'm not around to say, "this is in fact, not the album cover."

So your beef isn't about fan art itself, but the fact that it looks like an specific medium?  I think I follow now..

See, I guess I'm just familiar with Bobby's style so this didn't even occur to me.  Now i KNOW i'm the wrong person to argue this.