News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Telarus on June 30, 2012, 03:09:23 AM
I'm sure if you get to PDX we can arrange some meetups.  :evil:

Tel and Nigel, I'm all types of keen! I'll stay in touch and try to sort times.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Dingus Thingus Rurouzaru on June 30, 2012, 06:13:41 PM
Sounds like a thing to do, I'm in if you're passing through the Cleveland/Akron Ohio area!

Keen as!

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 01, 2012, 07:21:54 AM
The New England area is fairly target rich, and if you're "serious" about interviews, I'd be willing to give you a couple of hours.

Yeah, I'm really taking this on as project that I'm serious about. I want to come out the other side with something engaging, entertaining and accessible  that explains what Discordia authentically means to today's Discordians. I would really appreciate you taking the time.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 01, 2012, 01:18:41 PM
Of course entirely depending on where you're travelling to, but if you're in the Netherlands I'll do my best to meet up, and if you need a place to crash you're absolutely welcome (though I'm about a 2h train ride removed from popular places such as Amsterdam or Utrecht--but the city up in the North where I live is in fact pretty cool as well and has a cheap connection to Bremen Airport).

That would be damn fine Trip, thanks.

The Johnny

Dingo, how long until you take the trip?

Would you be open to suggestions?

Because im thinking that semi-open style interviews could provide the best material and it could even be analyzed in a qualitative manner which id be willing to do, and if you manage to make at least 8 interviews this could really become a nice project.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mistre

If by any chance you end up in Rio de Janeiro, I would love to be part of your project!
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 01, 2012, 03:08:39 PM
The New England area is fairly target rich, and if you're "serious" about interviews, I'd be willing to give you a couple of hours.

Yeah, I'm really taking this on as project that I'm serious about. I want to come out the other side with something engaging, entertaining and accessible  that explains what Discordia authentically means to today's Discordians. I would really appreciate you taking the time.

Bet you can get a grant for this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 01, 2012, 09:21:56 PM

WOULDN'T

it be easier to do this by way of email? however, if you've got the cash to globetrot for this cause, take me with you!
"a good fight justifies any cause"

E.O.T.

HOW ABOUT

a tv miniseries version of interviews and such? discordlandia?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mistre

Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Anna Mae Bollocks

DOC. GRANT. KICKSTARTER. INDEPENDENT LENS (or something of that nature).

Also, accomodations suck here but would definitely hang and talk if you have the misfortune to find yourself passing through Texas.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on July 01, 2012, 07:31:21 PM

Dingo, how long until you take the trip?

Would you be open to suggestions?

Because im thinking that semi-open style interviews could provide the best material and it could even be analyzed in a qualitative manner which id be willing to do, and if you manage to make at least 8 interviews this could really become a nice project.

I'm super open to suggestions.

I was thinking for interviews to have a recorder taking things down as I go, which would work well for both discussions in meatups and in one on one discussions. I have been playing with the idea of usig a camcorder but I'm worried that wouldn't serve very well in a group situation.

What do you mean by semi-open style? I'm interested in the idea of analysing in a qualitative style but I'm not sure at this stage what that would look like. And if you're interested in this project and willing to be part of it, I'm super super passionate about getting involvement from anyone keen to play along.

As far as film goes, to film 8 interviews seems to me to be really doable.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Mistre on July 01, 2012, 09:14:27 PM
If by any chance you end up in Rio de Janeiro, I would love to be part of your project!

I keep hearing about how many Discordians are in Brazil, so that would be really great. I was going to see if I could make contact with the blogger who's apparently a big Discordian figure.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 01, 2012, 09:21:56 PM

I honestly never considered this as a possibility. I'll get onto a bit of a hunt to see what's available. Thanks.