News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Are you gonna make the transcripts of the interviews available? Because id like to take a shot at analysing the uncut material.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 07, 2012, 08:21:24 AM

Are you gonna make the transcripts of the interviews available? Because id like to take a shot at analysing the uncut material.

That hadn't originally been my plan. I'll check in with some of the folk in in communication with and see if they're ok with that, as I hadn't checked in to see if that was OK before we started talks.

Filmed interviews, I'd like to make availible online wherever I get the OK.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Johnny

Well i hope its ok, well have to wait and see then, but i think it would be awesome, because like, in an end product that has ommissions or is trimmed for editorial purposes, a lot of richness is lost, and its a very subjective thing to select what is "important".
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Placid Dingo

Placid Dingo

Current proposed plan

New York - Cram+ New England mob
Louisiana - NO / Historical visit to French Quarter
Austin Texas - Communial house with Discordians
Tuscon AZ- Roger
Tennessee - Sondra London, Possibly Gavrial Discordia (Discordian Culture shop)
Calfornia - St Mae + Historical Visit, possibly 'Eris' of the chaos cabaret mandelbrot consciousness collective.
Portland, Oregon - Portland crew.

Brazil - Floranopolis - 2 Discordians
Sao Paulo and Rio De Janero have communities but I haven't been in contact.

-Break-

France (Free accomodation with friend, serves as HQ)

Finland (group of LARPing Erisians)
Norway (Lenin, Waffle)
UK - Payne, Pixie. Not sure who else.
Netherlands - Trip.

Fin.

Any tohughts, suggestions? Am I missing an opportunity to see anyone? Any advice on timing? I was thinking March.

LMNO

History has shown I probably won't have a chance go to NY with the Principality, unless of course you come up to Boston and I buy you lunch and alcohol.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 21, 2012, 06:56:24 PM
History has shown I probably won't have a chance go to NY with the Principality, unless of course you come up to Boston and I buy you lunch and alcohol.

Ok lets assume I start in Boston then... I'll start looking into flight info.

Mistre

I live in Rio, if you want to give me a visit. Don't personally know any discordians located here besides me, though.
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Mistre on August 22, 2012, 03:35:15 PM
I live in Rio, if you want to give me a visit. Don't personally know any discordians located here besides me, though.

Awesome! Consider it a done thing, I was planning to go to Rio anyways.

Placid Dingo

AMERISPAGS: Assuiming I can't get a car (pretty safe assumption) what's the best way to travel state to state. Remember I'm on a budget.

CorbeauEtRenard

Going by bus is an option, but in a lot of places, the bus stations are really, um, not somewhere you want to be or possess valuables in. A friend of mine took the bus from college up to where I am a few times, and apparently absolutely absurd amounts of stuff gets stolen from the Dallas/Ft. Worth station he had to wait at each time.

So in other words, it's an option, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have any others.

Not sure it's much help, but I'm not well versed in travelling to states that don't share a border with the one I live in, so it's the best I've got on that subject.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Placid Dingo

Quote from: CorbeauEtRenard on August 23, 2012, 09:39:12 AM
Going by bus is an option, but in a lot of places, the bus stations are really, um, not somewhere you want to be or possess valuables in. A friend of mine took the bus from college up to where I am a few times, and apparently absolutely absurd amounts of stuff gets stolen from the Dallas/Ft. Worth station he had to wait at each time.

So in other words, it's an option, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have any others.

Not sure it's much help, but I'm not well versed in travelling to states that don't share a border with the one I live in, so it's the best I've got on that subject.

I'll look into that.

I'll have some kind of Tablet with me which CANNOT be stolen, it will be my interview gear. I'll look into busses etc.

LMNO

The cheapest is indeed bus.  Trains, as it turns out, are only slightly less expensive than flying.  Forget renting a car.

You could also try the charity route, and have discordians from one state/town drive you to meet discordians in another state/town, and so on.

The Johnny

make an online backup of your info, cant solely rely on not losing a tablet

-B.F. Skinner

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 23, 2012, 01:35:12 PM
make an online backup of your info, cant solely rely on not losing a tablet

I intend to back up any time I have wireless access, plus use SD cards but still, it's still an expensive, useful thing to lose.