Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 16, 2012, 04:49:15 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 04:45:34 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 16, 2012, 04:43:18 AM
Verthaine was around for the Uncle BadTouch thing too, wasn't he?
Wouldn't be surprised if he bailed.
If he ever agreed to this shit in the first place.

I never heard that he was involved.  I haven't heard from Verthaine since the big EB&G meltdown.

I haven't either, but I gave Dingo a forum addy where he hangs out sometimes. And I'm pretty sure I saw NOLA on the itinerary, so maybe.
I hooked his bitch ass up with Sondra London, too. In retrospect, that was a waste.

No good deed goes unSCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 04:50:52 AM

I never heard that he was involved.  I haven't heard from Verthaine since the big EB&G meltdown.

I haven't either, but I gave Dingo a forum addy where he hangs out sometimes. And I'm pretty sure I saw NOLA on the itinerary, so maybe.
I hooked his bitch ass up with Sondra London, too. In retrospect, that was a waste.

I need to embroider that on fucking samplers or something until it sinks in.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 16, 2012, 04:59:00 AM

I need to embroider that on fucking samplers or something until it sinks in.  :x

Naw.  His actions are his and his alone.  No need to warp your own personality over it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: McCarthyesque Leninist on November 15, 2012, 11:08:05 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:47:49 PM
Can anyone tell me whether he deleted my posts, as well? I actually was not done having that conversation with Fox, who I know IRL.
Still there.

Thanks.

He might have cut off my ability, mid-conversation, to reply to people addressing my thread, but at least he didn't delete what I already said.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 04:59:41 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 16, 2012, 04:59:00 AM

Naw.  His actions are his and his alone.  No need to warp your own personality over it.

True. And he's got Uncle BadTouch.

That's punishment in itself.

:hammer:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Guys

Guys

Wait

Guys

What if

This was all just an experiment?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 04:13:00 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 11:04:44 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:43:44 PM
:lulz: Dingo kicked me out of the FB group. I guess I've said enough and he will harbor no more dissent.

Well done, Dingo.  Well fucking done.

It occurs to me that I will somehow be responsible for this mess.

No

That's right, I'm taking over this one. The Good Reverend Roger is getting fucking UPSTAGED.

I am personally responsible for making all of this horrible shit happen and hurting people's feelings. I caused some vaguely associated individuals to become distressed during an unrelated conversation, and now look what I made them do.

I fucked it all up, because I'm a horrible rotten cunt of a person. For some vaguely defined reason.

... *sigh*

I'm sorry. I just wanted to feel important, for a few minutes. But they'll never love me like they love TGRR.

Placid Dingo

Been at work but this is the main of what I'd like to say.

I thought about some of these issues a lot when Roger first raised concerns regarding Uncle BadTouch. The conclusion I came to then is the conclusion I'm at now; I don't have a real problem losing Uncle BadTouch; after all, all I have is one Internet  interview which may not even make the final cut, and I have no plans to meet him. However I do have a problem loosing editorial control, and being told who I may and any may not discuss as a Discordian public figure.

More importantly I would feel like a fraud if I were to decide Uncle BadTouch were 'too unpleasent' to discuss. I'd feel like I was calling in everyone to smile nicely and look normal. I'm interested in showing all sides of Discordia, not in being an Erisian PR manager. If there are unpleasant things in Discordia, I'm happy to show what they are.

In regards to the FB group I'll admit to a handful of poor choices this morning. It felt to me to be passive aggressive to pull people out without making contact, hence the pms. Possibly this was the wrong call to make, and if so, I apologise.  The facebook group has always been locked and private, and exists for my convenience in organising trip matters. I don't want drama in there, and I don't want people connected who aren't interested in being involved. When I pulled people out today I should have given everyone a bit of notice and a chance to clean up conversations first, and I didn't, which I apologise for.

Regarding the tone around here I seem to be persona non grata so if there's any questions, PM me and I'll post up an answer here.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

East Coast Hustle

Have fun hanging out with the Pedocordians. And thanks for putting together a project that's going to do a REALLY AWESOME JOB of representing Discordia. Y'know, minus the everyone or so that doesn't want some slimy pedo shitneck using their work for his own self-aggrandizement. Way to show the world what we're all about, champ.

For the record, I think this is one of the shittiest things anyone's done in the name of Discordia since Captain Utopia. It took all of my powers of rational thinking not to decide that facebook discordian groups should fall under the umbrella of the quid pro quo rule and shitcan you from here forever. I'm especially disappointed since I actually liked you as a poster.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 16, 2012, 06:59:03 AM

I thought about some of these issues a lot when Roger first raised concerns regarding Uncle BadTouch. The conclusion I came to then is the conclusion I'm at now; I don't have a real problem losing Uncle BadTouch; after all, all I have is one Internet  interview which may not even make the final cut, and I have no plans to meet him. However I do have a problem loosing editorial control, and being told who I may and any may not discuss as a Discordian public figure.

More importantly I would feel like a fraud if I were to decide Uncle BadTouch were 'too unpleasent' to discuss. I'd feel like I was calling in everyone to smile nicely and look normal. I'm interested in showing all sides of Discordia, not in being an Erisian PR manager. If there are unpleasant things in Discordia, I'm happy to show what they are.

In regards to the FB group I'll admit to a handful of poor choices this morning. It felt to me to be passive aggressive to pull people out without making contact, hence the pms. Possibly this was the wrong call to make, and if so, I apologise.  The facebook group has always been locked and private, and exists for my convenience in organising trip matters. I don't want drama in there, and I don't want people connected who aren't interested in being involved. When I pulled people out today I should have given everyone a bit of notice and a chance to clean up conversations first, and I didn't, which I apologise for.

Regarding the tone around here I seem to be persona non grata so if there's any questions, PM me and I'll post up an answer here.

The bolded area is Second Circuit bullshit, which you should probably be intelligent enough to see.  You aren't losing any control over your project; you are losing what control you thought you had over your interview subjects.  Very different, though it may seem superficially similar upon a cursory glance.

You started a project about Discordia and thought it would proceed smoothly?  Derp.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

It's more of that "freedom" stuff.  You're free to write what you want, and we're free to participate or not.

It's not extortion for us to say "if you include LS, we're out."  It's us making a choice.  We're not telling you what you can or can't do.  We're telling you what the ramifications of your choices may be.

I will go on the record and say that it would be very sad if I couldn't contribute in some way.  I think the idea of going around the world and seeing what Thornley/Hill/Wilson hath wrought is pretty amazing, and I'd really like to be a part of it.

But I am very concerned about this matter, and I probably won't be able to ignore it.  If I was to contribute, I'd want to plug it to my friends and family, and give it to people who ask what the hell a Discordian is.  But there's that "association" again.  I wouldn't really want to appear that my belief system/philosophy/reality grid/BIP could be grouped in with an advocate of hebephilia.

The Good Reverend Roger

However I do have a problem loosing editorial control, and being told who I may and any may not discuss as a Discordian public figure.

You aren't losing control.

Some members have stated that they won't partipate if Uncle BadTouch is in.  They're not telling you that you can't have Uncle BadTouch, they're telling you they can't have Uncle BadTouch AND them.

The only point where control was lost was by yourself, when you went ban-crazy over at the FB group.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 16, 2012, 06:54:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 04:13:00 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 11:04:44 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:43:44 PM
:lulz: Dingo kicked me out of the FB group. I guess I've said enough and he will harbor no more dissent.

Well done, Dingo.  Well fucking done.

It occurs to me that I will somehow be responsible for this mess.

No

That's right, I'm taking over this one. The Good Reverend Roger is getting fucking UPSTAGED.

I am personally responsible for making all of this horrible shit happen and hurting people's feelings. I caused some vaguely associated individuals to become distressed during an unrelated conversation, and now look what I made them do.

I fucked it all up, because I'm a horrible rotten cunt of a person. For some vaguely defined reason.

... *sigh*

I'm sorry. I just wanted to feel important, for a few minutes. But they'll never love me like they love TGRR.

They do love you, Cainad.  But they are my people, and I am their king.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 16, 2012, 01:45:48 PM
It's more of that "freedom" stuff.  You're free to write what you want, and we're free to participate or not.

It's not extortion for us to say "if you include LS, we're out."  It's us making a choice.  We're not telling you what you can or can't do.  We're telling you what the ramifications of your choices may be.

I will go on the record and say that it would be very sad if I couldn't contribute in some way.  I think the idea of going around the world and seeing what Thornley/Hill/Wilson hath wrought is pretty amazing, and I'd really like to be a part of it.

But I am very concerned about this matter, and I probably won't be able to ignore it.  If I was to contribute, I'd want to plug it to my friends and family, and give it to people who ask what the hell a Discordian is.  But there's that "association" again.  I wouldn't really want to appear that my belief system/philosophy/reality grid/BIP could be grouped in with an advocate of hebephilia.

I am in total agreement with this.

I have nothing against you, Dingo, but your choices here seem to be misguided at best.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sorry man, it just looks like you've decided to do a project about a different Discordia than the one I'm involved in. Uncle BadTouch is not my people, ergo I have no business appearing in a book about him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."