News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

End result is: instead of just distancing myself from this project, now I'm angry, have lost respect and trust for Dingo, and am not interested in working with him on any future projects.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Dingo's recent actions positively REEK of Captain Utopia. Especially the part where he thinks he's being reasonable in spite of it being totally obvious to everyone else how utterly fucked up his words and actions are.

Dingo, there's no reason for me to ban you from PD (personal feelings aside) but I will have to absolutely insist that the Chasing Eris project and any future projects you might look to publish are not in any way connected to PD.com. I don't even want this site, any of the content in this site, or any of the usernames on this site mentioned at all, not even in passing.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Does anyone have the link to his FB group handy? I'd like to c&p that last post there so I can be sure he sees it.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Whoa... I seemed to have missed something here. I ought to be home int the next twenty min at which point ill be better able to see what just happened
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 10:20:23 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 16, 2012, 10:15:08 PM
You yourself asked that we not use your real name on the board because you don't want it associated with Discordianism until you're done teaching...

Oh, that's priceless.

:lulz:

"HEY, EVERYONE!  COME RISK YOUR REPUTATION BY BEING IN THE SAME BOOK AS A KIDDIE-DIDDLER.  BUT NOBODY USE MY REAL NAME, BECAUSE I DO NOT WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU PEOPLE."

Wait...that is his real name? What the fuck Australia?

Don Coyote

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Dingo's recent actions positively REEK of Captain Utopia. Especially the part where he thinks he's being reasonable in spite of it being totally obvious to everyone else how utterly fucked up his words and actions are.

Dingo, there's no reason for me to ban you from PD (personal feelings aside) but I will have to absolutely insist that the Chasing Eris project and any future projects you might look to publish are not in any way connected to PD.com. I don't even want this site, any of the content in this site, or any of the usernames on this site mentioned at all, not even in passing.

Agreed, unless the individual user chooses to submit his or her work on her own, but PD should probably not be mentioned.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 01:29:21 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 12:37:18 AM

Agreed, unless the individual user chooses to submit his or her work on her own, but PD should probably not be mentioned.

there's no "probably" about it. I'm disgusted enough that I'd actually be willing to take legal action to prevent it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Having read what happened and all the concerns raised, yeah, I'm going to have to back out too.

Aside from not wanting to be connected with Uncle BadTouch in anyway, I'm more than a little concerned with the idea of Uncle BadTouch being used to show tension within the community too. I agree with Nigel's assessment that if we don't acknowledge our disapproval of him, it legitimizes him, and that if we do, it makes the book about him.

I'm not sure if any of you have read Lords of Chaos by Michael Moynihan, but the book is supposed to be about Satanic themed Heavy Metal. The book ended up being about Varg Vikernes of Burzum, who is a Neo-Nazi, arsonist and murderer, and up until Breivik's rampage, Norway's national asshole. Maybe that's Godwining but, I feel it's an apt analogy.

So, Dingo, I'm not going to hold your decision to include Uncle BadTouch in your book against you. If you want to grab a beer when you're in Boston, I'm down, especially when it will be around your birthday. But I don't want to be in a book that I would feel obligated to denounce someone I don't want to bring attention to.

East Coast Hustle

hxxp://www.uncle BadTouch.org/

notice the link to miley spears' site in the sidebar.

East Coast Hustle

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm reluctant to even click, honestly.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 01:40:03 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 01:31:36 AM
http://discordia.Uncle BadTouch.org/church/index.html

Ew ew ew

HE HAS A KIDS' CLUB. :vom: :vom: :vom:

Click it.  The first hotlink won't take you there, it takes you to an intro page.

You just THINK you feel ill right now.

Luna

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 01:40:03 AM

Ew ew ew

HE HAS A KIDS' CLUB. :vom: :vom: :vom:

Ew ew ew

I am TOTALLY squicked out... which is harder to do than it looks.

QuoteHOW DO CLUB MEMBERS SAY HELLO?  We do this really fun thing called The
Bodyshake!  You can read more about it in The Shamlicht Kids Club Handbook. 
What you do is you touch the feet of another member or a leader with your feet. 
Then you make the 537 sign.  You do this with both hands.  You might already know
how to make it!  If you don't, read The Shamlicht Kids Club Handbook or ask
somebody who's older.  You touch the hands of the person you're saying hello to
with your hands.  Then you both put your foreheads together.  Then you both move
your hands and heads back and forth together while saying "Shamlicht Kids" five
times.  Isn't that a fun way to say hello?  If you don't understand the directions, don't
worry.  We'll show you!

The "secret handshake" for the kids' club is giving me the screaming willies.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."