News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Hoops, could you maybe shoot him an email for me, if I write it?  I am NOT using my work email, and I can't get to my throwaways from here (or home, the fucking laptop died last night).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 19, 2012, 05:10:50 PM
Hoops, could you maybe shoot him an email for me, if I write it?  I am NOT using my work email, and I can't get to my throwaways from here (or home, the fucking laptop died last night).

Certainly.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Which issue of Intermittens is that? I'd like to remove the link to it from this site.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 19, 2012, 05:36:04 PM

Certainly.

Rev Uncle BadTouch:

It has come to my attention that you have included me as a contributor to your newly-released book.  I do not remember ever giving you permission to use my work, and I would certainly remember that.  I am requiring you to remove any of my work from the book, and to remove any mention of me from the book.  Simply put, I do not wish to be associated with you in any way.

Should you not comply, I will be directing a cease & desist letter to Amazon.com, and demanding that they not carry the book.  I suggest you look up Amazon's policy on plagiarism or use of materials without the author's permission. 

If I do not have a response within 5 business days, I will be sending the aforementioned letter.  Make note that this will not be the only step taken, merely the first.

Sincerely,
The Good Reverend Roger
(aka Roger Penrose)

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 19, 2012, 05:44:21 PM
Which issue of Intermittens is that? I'd like to remove the link to it from this site.

Intermittens 7.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 19, 2012, 05:47:04 PM

Certainly.

Rev Uncle BadTouch:

It has come to my attention that you have included me as a contributor to your newly-released book.  I do not remember ever giving you permission to use my work, and I would certainly remember that.  I am requiring you to remove any of my work from the book, and to remove any mention of me from the book.  Simply put, I do not wish to be associated with you in any way.

Should you not comply, I will be directing a cease & desist letter to Amazon.com, and demanding that they not carry the book.  I suggest you look up Amazon's policy on plagiarism or use of materials without the author's permission. 

If I do not have a response within 5 business days, I will be sending the aforementioned letter.  Make note that this will not be the only step taken, merely the first.

Sincerely,
The Good Reverend Roger
(aka Roger Penrose)

Sent.   Unsure how seriously he will take it, coming from me.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 19, 2012, 06:03:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 19, 2012, 05:47:04 PM

Certainly.

Rev Uncle BadTouch:

Sincerely,
The Good Reverend Roger
(aka Roger Penrose)

Sent.   Unsure how seriously he will take it, coming from me.

We'll see.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Holeeeeeeey FUCK. Nail his nads to the wall.

I wonder how many others don't know they're in this thing? How the fuck did Uncle BadTouch get Crumb...or ANYBODY who's not a brain-liquified Squeaky Fromme?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 19, 2012, 06:15:17 PM

I wonder how many others don't know they're in this thing? How the fuck did Uncle BadTouch get Crumb...or ANYBODY who's not a brain-liquified Squeaky Fromme?

Doubt it's really them... the RAW quote certainly doesn't sound like RAW to me.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 19, 2012, 06:33:11 PM

Gonna send this to Stang, see how he feels about things.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 19, 2012, 06:33:45 PM

Crumb might or might not pay attention to a mail, but Aline is more outgoing. I'll see if she's on facebook or something.

ETA: http://www.crumbproducts.com/contact.html#13

Now...how to best word this...
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Gorightly

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 19, 2012, 06:46:44 PM

Crumb might or might not pay attention to a mail, but Aline is more outgoing. I'll see if she's on facebook or something.

I would also be curious to know what I contributed to Uncle BadTouch's book....if anyone actually has a copy!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gorightly on November 19, 2012, 07:02:44 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 19, 2012, 06:46:44 PM

I would also be curious to know what I contributed to Uncle BadTouch's book....if anyone actually has a copy!

Odds are, something you wrote somewhere that he lifted assuming kopyleft.

The fact that I contributed is news to me.  Most unwelcome news.  I want nothing to do with that bastard.

Luna

Dropping Cram a note, as well, in case he is also unaware he contributed.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on November 19, 2012, 11:35:52 PM
Dropping Cram a note, as well, in case he is also unaware he contributed.

Expect a lecture.