News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, fuck the whole obsession with "Discordian history" I mean WTF who cares? Oooo somebody once shook hands with Bob!

Jesus

nobody fucking gives a shit, a bunch of smelly hippies existed. The weird overtones of sycophantery are about enough to make me want to wash my hands of Discordia altogether. It isn't "neat", it's "cultish and juvenile".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 26, 2013, 10:54:06 AM
Dingo was here in the UK with Purpleris and I a couple weeks ago. I'm sure we discussed PD.com in our interviews, both because that's how we met and because I went on a long rant about how wrong I was in my initial observations on BiP and some other stuff. I personally think its absurd to request that the website not be mentioned when some (but not all) of the Discordians interviewed know each other because of this forum and it plays a part in their life directly related to the topic being discussed.

Also, having met Dingo and talked about this entire mess... well I'm sorry some of you decided not to be involved, because thus far, its looking like lots of good material from many Discordians, Discordian history and Discordian groups... Based on what I know at this point, it looks like IF RL gets mentioned, it would be in a small email interview that's pretty much nothing. Fears that it would somehow taint everyone else seem, to me, absurd. I was impressed with Dingo and with some of the material I looked at. It may well end up being a damned good snapshot of Discordia in the 21st century and I'm sorry that some rather smart and cool Discordians chose not to participate.

Yeah, fuck off.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 26, 2013, 05:07:43 PM
Also, fuck the whole obsession with "Discordian history" I mean WTF who cares? Oooo somebody once shook hands with Bob!

Thing is, Discordianism isn't about yesterday.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

popeluvicasksc

This is better than a fucking soap opera. Where can I get this on DVD? :fap:
"Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others."- Pinhead

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:28:20 PM

...And the alts arrive.   :lulz:

popeluvicasksc

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:29:41 PM

Nah, I'm an ancient who has lain in wait for countless eons waiting for the right time to rise from the black abyss and throw in this little comment. I'm not an alt.
"Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others."- Pinhead

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:32:28 PM

Nah, I'm an ancient who has lain in wait for countless eons waiting for the right time to rise from the black abyss and throw in this little comment. I'm not an alt.

I don't believe you.

popeluvicasksc

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:32:46 PM

I don't believe you.

Far be it from me to attempt to alter your beliefs in any sort of an overt manner. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. Even though you're wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:35:43 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:32:46 PM

I don't believe you.

Far be it from me to attempt to alter your beliefs in any sort of an overt manner. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. Even though you're wrong.

Well, on your first post, you walked into a heated argument between people who have known each other for up to 10 years, and shat on the floor.  Both sides are going to assume you're an alt for the other side, even if you posted here for the next 10 years without ever bringing it up again.  Welcome to Discordia, and well done, that man.

Frankly, I don't really CARE if you're one of Uncle BadTouch's alts, because the above also implies that you're kind of stupid, and thus not worth talking to.

Good day.

popeluvicasksc

Well, I'm sorry that my lighthearted and comical comment has for some reason offended you. I really am not anyone's alt. Even if these two have known one another for years it doesn't make it any less humorous. It's all in good fun.

LMNO

Aren't you your own alt?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:47:03 PM
Well, I'm sorry that my lighthearted and comical comment has for some reason offended you. I really am not anyone's alt. Even if these two have known one another for years it doesn't make it any less humorous. It's all in good fun.

So, walking into a bitter and extremely angry argument between people you don't know and being "comical" is your idea of "smart"?

And doing so for "fun", when the participants are obviously upset?

Well fucking done, sir.  Well fucking done.  You're a moron AND a sociopath.

popeluvicasksc

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 26, 2013, 05:48:05 PM
Aren't you your own alt?

Who, me?  No, the other guy is dead.  Again.

popeluvicasksc

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:47:03 PM

So, walking into a bitter and extremely angry argument between people you don't know and being "comical" is your idea of "smart"?

And doing so for "fun", when the participants are obviously upset?

Well fucking done, sir.  Well fucking done.  You're a moron AND a sociopath.

Actually, I found it most entertaining how a thread that had been started because someone wanted to travel and interview other Discordians for the purposes of writing a book was gradually turned into a massive shit storm. I found it rather discordian and the irony amused me. No offense was intended.