News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Well ok, but the door is down there.

:points:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 27, 2013, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 26, 2013, 10:54:06 AM
Dingo was here in the UK with Purpleris and I a couple weeks ago. I'm sure we discussed PD.com in our interviews, both because that's how we met and because I went on a long rant about how wrong I was in my initial observations on BiP and some other stuff. I personally think its absurd to request that the website not be mentioned when some (but not all) of the Discordians interviewed know each other because of this forum and it plays a part in their life directly related to the topic being discussed.

Also, having met Dingo and talked about this entire mess... well I'm sorry some of you decided not to be involved, because thus far, its looking like lots of good material from many Discordians, Discordian history and Discordian groups... Based on what I know at this point, it looks like IF RL gets mentioned, it would be in a small email interview that's pretty much nothing. Fears that it would somehow taint everyone else seem, to me, absurd. I was impressed with Dingo and with some of the material I looked at. It may well end up being a damned good snapshot of Discordia in the 21st century and I'm sorry that some rather smart and cool Discordians chose not to participate.

Yeah, fuck off.

Oh for fucks sake, man. I'm not trying to say you are wrong. I'm just sorry it ended up the way it did.

No, I know exactly what you said.  And fucking touche'.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 27, 2013, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 26, 2013, 05:07:43 PM
Also, fuck the whole obsession with "Discordian history" I mean WTF who cares? Oooo somebody once shook hands with Bob!

Thing is, Discordianism isn't about yesterday.

That's right. But we all stand on the shoulders of the madmen who came before.

We do?  Really? 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 04:44:56 PM
Also, fuck the whole obsession with "Discordian history" I mean WTF who cares? Oooo somebody once shook hands with Bob!

We do?  Really?

Shoulder blades, at least. For we march on a road of bones.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on November 27, 2013, 09:19:03 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 12:43:28 AM
Quote from: Faust on November 26, 2013, 11:37:45 PM
Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 26, 2013, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:54:56 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:47:03 PM
Well, I'm sorry that my lighthearted and comical comment has for some reason offended you. I really am not anyone's alt. Even if these two have known one another for years it doesn't make it any less humorous. It's all in good fun.

So, walking into a bitter and extremely angry argument between people you don't know and being "comical" is your idea of "smart"?

And doing so for "fun", when the participants are obviously upset?

Well fucking done, sir.  Well fucking done.  You're a moron AND a sociopath.

Actually, I found it most entertaining how a thread that had been started because someone wanted to travel and interview other Discordians for the purposes of writing a book was gradually turned into a massive shit storm. I found it rather discordian and the irony amused me. No offense was intended.

NEWS FLASH:  Discordians must NEVER argue amongst themselves, or else they aren't getting the irony!

Discordians must never pass judgement on Discordians who argue amongst themselves. They too aren't getting the irony.

Fuck irony.  It's the lowest form of humor, the only evidence of which I need offer is that it's the ONLY kind hipsters get.

Baloney, Hipsters base themselves on obvious irony but are completely incapable of perceiving layered irony.
Irony gets a bad wrap because it gets mixed up with negativity and aloofness. Which has not been ironic in some years because everyone is doing it
Being passionate and genuine is the new irony.

I'm down with this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In MY Discordia, I'm standing on their graves. Well, not really standing, more like squatting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I took ONE THING from the asshats back in the day:  THINK FOR YOURSELF.

The rest was all stoned-out hippie bullshit, which may have been funny or seemed profound at the time, but isn't now.

Spending all fucking day meticulously cataloging the old days is kinda COUNTER TO THE WHOLE IDEA.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Meh, every movement needs its historians. That's OK by me.

It's just that I'm not especially interested in history, it bores the piss out of me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Discordianism is often referred to as a neophilic irreligion. What those words mean is important.

Payne

IMO

History is required by those who desire to place themselves on solid footing, presenting a secure image (more accurately a secure self-image) to the world at large. It is needed by those who wish to be taken seriously. Some within The United States have at times been guilty of this. Discordians wishing to be taken seriously for it's own sake strikes me as odd.

A more interesting project, for me, would be a discordian reading of history. Whether one goes for the Cramulan Approach is of course entirely optional.

LMNO

Appeal to Authority, ITT.

The Good Reverend Roger

Solid footing is for those who lack the guts to run downhill on ice.

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

Newsfeed/Memebomb?

Payne

Back in my day, it was uphill both ways, and the ice was twice as slippery and half as warm.

I love reading me some History, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to write it.

And while I love History I reckon it has a tendency to ossify and deaden the blood, guts and rages of the times. Regardless of how Pineal ones view of what Discordia is, this is a terrible thing to do it. Nevermind that I have never had much adoration or abhoration of the early Discordians, and therefore don't see why they would make good biography fodder.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on November 27, 2013, 06:48:13 PM

Back in my day, it was uphill both ways, and the ice was twice as slippery and half as warm.

I love reading me some History, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to write it.

And while I love History I reckon it has a tendency to ossify and deaden the blood, guts and rages of the times. Regardless of how Pineal ones view of what Discordia is, this is a terrible thing to do it. Nevermind that I have never had much adoration or abhoration of the early Discordians, and therefore don't see why they would make good biography fodder.

Because the people doing the writing get to show off that they've MET the old dudes.

Think Ben Mack.