News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

A curiosity about the South, for people who live here

Started by The Dark Monk, July 02, 2012, 09:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 12, 2012, 08:50:28 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 12, 2012, 04:35:51 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 11, 2012, 06:05:22 PM
Holy shit.

Fuck this noise, ech, Nigel, eot, and vex.

By the way,

clean me.

:?

Anyway, Those fucks were for various reasons.  Yours was because while you were right, you went more than a little too far, and I didn't feel like dealing with this thread anymore.  Mostly it was the middle class white collar comment that got to me.

I'd appreciate some critical analysis to back up the "went too far" accusation, and I'd like it to be substantive. Can you do that, or is it just that I said things that made you uncomfortable?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just for some reason re-read the whole thread, and I have to say that it's actually a pretty damn productive thread, IMO. It kind of fell apart around page 17 for about ten pages, but nonetheless, I think that ultimately some good discussion was had here. Thanks guys.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Remember when PD decided to defend the confederacy?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2012, 03:05:20 PM

This is true.  Tyrants don't show up all bloody-handed one day, just because.

They show up when people grow weary of the burden of self-determination and demand them.

PROPHECY   :magick:

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 10, 2012, 01:07:54 PM
It sounds like you're presenting a larger version of Nigel's concept, "attack the idea, not the person."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

All I remember about this thread was being told I was bad for insisting the South's overall strategic position was bad, and thus going to war was stupid, by people with no experience in strategic analysis.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 30, 2020, 06:28:34 PM
All I remember about this thread was being told I was bad for insisting the South's overall strategic position was bad, and thus going to war was stupid, by people with no experience in strategic analysis.

Dunning Krueger?  Never heard of him.

Also, we were "othering" confederates.  :lulz:  Well, yeah.  Bad Hamish, no benzos.
Molon Lube

TheAudience

Quote from: Cain on November 30, 2020, 06:28:34 PM

Been reading from the beginning since Doktor dug it up. Just passed the point where you concluded your interactions Cain. That was a pretty succinct summary of your part.

Reading this thread has been an alright way of passing the time being stuck at work with not enough work.

I definitely waffle back and forth between my competing instincts of either attempting a Nigel (Some attempt to step away from the emotional kneejerk to really unpick and understand aspects of an emotionally charged topic to consider arguments from both sides) or saying fk it, it isn't worth the time and effort, bad people are bad people and that is all the analysis needed.
registered to see the fatberg.

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 30, 2020, 04:09:58 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2012, 03:05:20 PM

This is true.  Tyrants don't show up all bloody-handed one day, just because.

They show up when people grow weary of the burden of self-determination and demand them.

PROPHECY   :magick:

It's like you fucking read Aristotle or some shit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 30, 2020, 04:04:34 PM
Remember when PD decided to defend the confederacy?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.   :lulz:

Me reading this thread:

At first I was like:  :lulz:

Then I was like:  :walken:

Then I was seriously like:  :trolling:

But really then it was like:  :um:

So here I am now:  :suu:

WHAT IS THE FUCKING FUCKS OF FUCKERY HAPPENED HERE WHEN I FLOUNCED DURING THE GREAT SERIOUSNESSTM?

I outwardly admit to falling into the "state's rights" trap when I was young and stupid, and then I, you know, when to school for history. But like, even growing up in the only Confederate state to not have their capital taken by the Union (mostly because who the FUCK wants to fight in Florida?) we didn't learn this whole War of Northern Aggression dumbfuckery, and slavery was always at the forefront of the secession argument. We have primary source evidence that supports this, and yet, now I need a drink at 11am. If I still worked in Boston I'd have LMNO take me out for a lunch pitcher immediately.

Cain had it right the whole time, btw.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube