News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

30 (+1) Dry Days

Started by LMNO, July 03, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Luna on July 27, 2012, 02:27:54 AM
Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 26, 2012, 11:19:03 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 11:17:46 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 26, 2012, 10:30:32 PM
Well done sir. I had a mostly dry january and was similarly glad that i didnt really have too many problems with it. I figured out at that point i just like drinking but its not a necessity. I did it primarily for health reasons. Had some worrying symptoms. Turns out that my liver function is completely normal. Go figure. It was something else which alcohol contributed to but wasnt the primary cause so much as my shitty diet and lack of exercise.

Lies.  You're Irish.  If you don't drink, you wither up like a slug with salt on its back.

Oh please spare the stereotypes.

Next thing you'll be saying is that he eats potatoes as a staple diet and owns a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

HOW DID SOMEBODY JUST NOW WOMP THIS?  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 26, 2012, 05:10:26 PM
So, yeah.  Day 26.  It's safe to say I'm neither physically nor psychologically addicted to alcohol.  Which is a bit of a relief to discover, truth be told.

I used to drink a lot, from my mid 20s to my mid 30s.  Turns out, I was addicted to the fun I had with the people I was with, not the booze.  I know this, because we all pretty much stopped drinking at the same time, and we still had loads of fun...With no real feeling of any need to resume drinking.

Also, I think our inhibitions don't need to be artificially lowered anymore.  We don't seem to have any.

That's one of the great(?) things about aging. Our inhibitions gradually recede until we're saying whatever comes into our minds and exposing ourselves in public without a second thought.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 26, 2012, 11:14:18 PM
Quote from: Alty on July 26, 2012, 11:10:33 PM
You horrible bastards just can't keep booze out of a dry thread. Have you no decency? Have you no shame?

:dok:

WHAT IS THAT THING

WINNING
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well done sir. I had a mostly dry january and was similarly glad that i didnt really have too many problems with it. I figured out at that point i just like drinking but its not a necessity. I did it primarily for health reasons. Had some worrying symptoms. Turns out that my liver function is completely normal. Go figure. It was something else which alcohol contributed to but wasnt the primary cause so much as my shitty diet and lack of exercise.

Lies.  You're Irish.  If you don't drink, you wither up like a slug with salt on its back.

Next thing you'll be saying is that he eats potatoes as a staple diet and owns a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 27, 2012, 04:17:23 AM

Actually, Luna womped this up a while ago. I believe in conjunction with March, but if earlier, I'll accept the timeline.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, I wouldn't say that I'm an Irish stereotype. I would say that I'm an obnoxiously Irish person who enjoys the stereotype.

Except for the potato bit. That's that's along the same lines as "black people like fried chicken." Of course they do. Fried chicken is the shit. Fried chicken with mashed potatoes? Died and went to Tir na n'Og.

Luna

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 27, 2012, 06:02:34 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 27, 2012, 04:17:23 AM

Actually, Luna womped this up a while ago. I believe in conjunction with March, but if earlier, I'll accept the timeline.

Don't recall when I did it, but it was awhile ago.  Just seemed appropriate for the conversation.

LMNO, for the record, I think what you're doing, taking a month off, is a GOOD THINGTM .  Thanks for sharing.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 27, 2012, 06:06:12 AM
Also, I wouldn't say that I'm an Irish stereotype. I would say that I'm an obnoxiously Irish person who enjoys the stereotype.

Besides, you're posting from a phone, which makes it pretty much impossible to stereo type.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 28, 2012, 01:26:50 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 27, 2012, 06:06:12 AM

Besides, you're posting from a phone, which makes it pretty much impossible to stereo type.

:crankey:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually that one made me chuckle

LMNO

TIME                     TO                                                                                          RAAAAGE!

The Good Reverend Roger

And then Boston needed a colostomy bag.   :horrormirth: :fap: :horrormirth:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Please note: In this instance, "rage" entailed one (1) dry martini and the gentle reminder that I had a training from 8:30 - 12:00 the next day.

See you spags at lunch.