News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Florida TB outbreak handled in the worst way possble

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, July 10, 2012, 12:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Florida needs it's own unlimited thread, like Arizona's

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/08/florida-accused-of-concealing-worst-tuberculosis-outbreak-in-20-years/

So TB only affecting the poor and the mentally ill? No problem there... Until it spreads outside of the marginalised, and whoops, Rick Scott closed down the facility.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Pixie on July 10, 2012, 12:30:25 PM
Florida needs it's own unlimited thread, like Arizona's

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/08/florida-accused-of-concealing-worst-tuberculosis-outbreak-in-20-years/

So TB only affecting the poor and the mentally ill? No problem there... Until it spreads outside of the marginalised, and whoops, Rick Scott closed down the facility.

And the hippies...don't forget the hippies.

TB is the reason why I'd only pass a chillum around when smoking with Rainbow Kids.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteAccording to the Post, the coverup began as early as last February, "when Duval County Health Department officials felt so overwhelmed by the sudden spike in tuberculosis that they asked the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to become involved. Believing the outbreak affected only their underclass, the health officials made a conscious decision not to not tell the public, repeating a decision they had made in 2008, when the same strain had appeared in an assisted living home for people with schizophrenia."

That decision now appears to have gone terribly awry, partly because the disease appears to have already spread into the general population but also because just nine days before the CDC warning was issued, Florida Governor Rick Scott had signed a bill downsizing the state's Department of Health and closing the A.G. Holley State Hospital that had treated the most difficult tuberculosis cases for over 60 years.

With health officials preoccupied by the challenge of restructuring, the CDC report went unseen, and an order even went out for the hospital to be closed immediately, six months ahead of schedule.

HAW HAW
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.