News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Roger, I know I was mean to Arizona whilst I was Rain Goddess....

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, July 11, 2012, 01:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

...what with trying to drown Phoenix and having a bad aim....

But the "summer" here has resembled a monsoon season.

There has not been a day in the last 2 weeks that it has not rained. the "summer" has failed to appear, and we are in the traditionally warmest months of the year.

It has impeded my lulz at the lobster-looking English and their disregard of the concept of sunscreen after 3 days of weather that is above 23C, there are no sunburned people to heartily slap on the back, no one who has burned so badly they have fluid forming under the skin ( saw that once at a service station on the motorway as a teen, guy looked in serious pain), no weirdly two-toned peeling people, whilst I snicker and shade my pale Irish skinned self whilst applying factor 60 sunscreen.

There are no Mad Dogs or Englishmen to be found.

It has been warmer in Scotland than here, and the Scots take sunburn seriously, so no fun to be had there either.  :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Brb, attempted drowning of Phoenix and hilariously bad aim re-initialising....

The Good Reverend Roger

I was gonna say that'd I'd warn my friends in Phoenix, but I don't have any.

Just let V3x know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.