News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Seriously, NOW where is the Youtube thread?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 17, 2012, 06:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

I actually think you're right with all of that, Johnny. I actually think you get it. Kudos.

altered

It's more than sexual derangement that I had referred to, also. Serial killers have a government that wants them under fascism. Moral depravity that's neither sexual nor murder related... it's catered to.

So long as their deviance is less than the deviance of being enemy of the state, so long as their deviance is private or in direct service to the state, they are welcomed, no matter their damage.

Cain brings up the Futurists, and they're a big part of that in Italian Fascism, sure. But the mystical traditionalist sorts aren't any better, they just try to put on a brave face and pull the curtains over anyone of their own people being a "freak".

Names are escaping me, just woke up, but I recall a number of Nazis and Romanian Iron Guards who were pedophiles, a fact that only came out much much later. The Nazis and Romanian Iron Guard were both pretty hard on the mystical traditionalist side of fascism.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

Johnny, I would recommend reading "The Mass Psychology of Fascism" by Wilhem Reich. 

It was written in '33, before he got strung out on his own Woo.  It's pretty well written.

Junkenstein

Was that a dig at jenkem orgone or character armour? I forget but I assume there was a great deal more  woo by the end of his life.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

I haven't given myself the time to examine Reich profoundly, but what I do know is:

-He died in prison due to a fail of "mutual understanding" between him and the FDA... i think his charges were fraud and some type of public health endangerment... mountains of his books were destroyed. Why would all of this happen one might ask?

-He was selling and promoting these "Orgone cages" that supposedly cured cancer and idk what else, and he was also "experimenting" with supposed weather changing devices ("cloud bursters") based around the energy of libido. Regarding the Orgone cages, he even had discussions and ran experiments with Einstein, and at a given point Einstein just stopped responding, cause he came to understand he was dealing with an insane man.

-What happened before this? He deviated from main psychoanalytic ideas and orientation, he assumed more of a perspective of a shamanistic sexologist, with apparently bad patient/medic professional boundaries... in terms of the conceptualization of the sexual and the libido, he was diametrically opposite to Jung: Jung was all about the desexualized libido, while Reich was all about libido understood as something purely sexual... and even tho Freud gets accused of being pansexualist, he was more of a middle ground between these two persons, Reich was the true pansexualist.

In resume, one could argue he was a functional psychotic with radical sexual and political ideas, and also very naive, an utopist on all fronts... he really believed in the good nature of humans, disagreed with the concept of "death drive".

Anyhow, Im sure his "Mass psychology of fascism" is worth a read tho, i think he could had done a good job on it because it didnt interfere or would be related with his touchy subjects... what I am familiar with is Freud's 1921 "Group Psychology and Analysis of Ego", which, even tho not so great about denouncing specific political figures, it does a good job about describing mass psychology and its relation to dictators.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

He was a psychologist who believed that overly-repressed sexual desires could have negative physical effects on the human body.

A while later, he came up with "orgone" as a tangible life-force.  That's when he got trapped in his own model, and leaned in to it.  Orgone became the reason and answer to everything.  He also was really pissing people off, first in Germany for being anti-fascist, and then in the US, for being pro-sexuality (and by that time, spreading the orgone woo).

Anyway, Mass Psychology of Fascism, he "argued that the reason why Nazism was chosen over Communism was that of increased sexual repression in Germany - as opposed to the somewhat more liberal (post-revolutionary) Russia.

"As children, members of the (German) proletariat learned from their parents to suppress nearly all sexual desire and - instead - expend the repressed energy into authoritarian idealism. Hence, in adults, any rebellious and sexual impulses experienced would cause fundamental anxiety and - therefore, instead - social control is used to reduce anxiety." [from Wikipedia]

Frontside Back

"I'll join the nazi party if I don't get laid" must be one of the scummiest pick-up lines.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cain

Bruno

So who came up with "Orgonite"?

I hope they made millions.
Formerly something else...

Bu🤠ns

Bruno

Bruno

Bruno

I dunno why, but this clip of Oscar the Grouch meeting Slim Pickens on Hee Haw is just bitchin, somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luws-qy6kdA

Trivial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMGn9T37eR8 

The awkward moment when John Oliver brings up something directly related to what you do, but is about a competitor.

Also fuck Accuweather they don't make on screen graphics really anymore and just sell their name and fuck Myers for just everything about Myers' existence as some sort of human shaped creature. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.