News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

*Manual Prático de Delinquência Juvenil

Started by Placid Dingo, July 18, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

http://www.delinquente.blogger.com.br/

This guy is a Brazilian blogger. His holy name is Timpin Pinto (I'm told there's a dick joke in there) and his real name (which is apparently more commonly used these days) is Ari Almeida.

I'm going to try to contact him to rope him in for Chasing Eris if possible. If anyone (I know Nyx can habla the Espanol, not sure who else) would like to let me know anything interesting on that page, I'd appreciate it. Also, it's just there so you can enjoy it.

Also; That blogger that apparently popularised Discordia in Brazil? Name is Ibrahim Cesar. Webpage HERE (Translation)

AFAIK His Discordia work was all on 1001 Gatos De Schrodinger, which has since been eaten by the Internets.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 18, 2012, 01:11:34 PM
http://www.delinquente.blogger.com.br/

This guy is a Brazilian blogger. His holy name is Timpin Pinto (I'm told there's a dick joke in there) and his real name (which is apparently more commonly used these days) is Ari Almeida.

I'm going to try to contact him to rope him in for Chasing Eris if possible. If anyone (I know Nyx can habla the Espanol, not sure who else) would like to let me know anything interesting on that page, I'd appreciate it. Also, it's just there so you can enjoy it.

Also; That blogger that apparently popularised Discordia in Brazil? Name is Ibrahim Cesar. Webpage HERE (Translation)

AFAIK His Discordia work was all on 1001 Gatos De Schrodinger, which has since been eaten by the Internets.

I don't think I've said it yet, but I'm really impressed you're doing this project, and I think it's important enough to contribute to a kickstarter, if you have one.

Placid Dingo

Thanks!

Kickstarter requires a US address/bank but I'm probably about 24 hours off having a project approved on Pozible.

Also I'm about to contact another Brazilian sociologist; ex-Discordian, currently Protestant. THAT would be a pretty swote interview.

Placid Dingo

Some lovely nonsense from the blog of Timóteo Pinto

QuoteI'm Timothy and I'm not Pinto. He is and not you. It's me, it's you. You and I are and we are not him. Timothy Pinto is both here and there. Your body has several bodies. Timothy Pinto has a strategy, which is no strategy. Timothy Pinto has an identity, which is no identity. Timothy Pinto lives in a safe place that is nowhere.

QuoteEu sou e não sou Timóteo Pinto. Ele é e não é você. Ele é eu, ele é você. Você e eu somos e não somos ele. Timóteo Pinto está tanto aqui, como ali. O seu corpo tem vários corpos. Timóteo Pinto possui uma estratégia, que é nenhuma estratégia. Timóteo Pinto possui uma identidade, que é nenhuma identidade. Timóteo Pinto vive em um lugar seguro, que é nenhum lugar.

He has a Magazine (Spanish); http://www.4shared.com/file/36952937/43db5b70/Discrdia_Brasilis_Nmero1.html

QuoteThis magazine is like a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. edits out when texts appear. More or less an issue every five years. Whether or not this is the first edition, and almost all texts are of an ancient apocryphal book which was lost in a fire perpetrated by THEM and recently restored by techniques hihicroned, also called "Discord Brasilis" made ​​to express Discordianism Brazil . Download here Send your contribution to a hypothetical second edition (text, images, articles, manifestos, love letters) to the email timoteop@gmail.com

QuoteEssa revista é como um espelho. Quando um macaco olha para dentro, nenhum apóstolo olha para fora.

As edições saem quando os textos aparecem. Mais ou menos uma edição a cada cinco anos. Ou não

Essa é a primeira edição, e quase todos os textos são de um antigo livro apócrifo, que foi perdido em um incêndio perpretado por ELES e recentemente restaurado através de técnicas hihicroned, também chamado "Discórdia Brasilis", feito para manifestar o discordianismo brasileiro.

I believe this is the site I was told about; Popular Brazilian Music Blog (apparently Brazilian music is often ignored by their own countries media.) http://musicaoriginalbrasileira.blogspot.com.au/

Placid Dingo

OK, this is really interesting, in the light that this guy is an ex-Discordian. http://www.janosbiro.com.br/

AFK

There was another Brazillian nut who used to post here.  something Cekemp something.  He translated the BIP into Portugese and was spreading it throughout Brazil.  Or is he one of these guys you are talking about? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Placid Dingo

The name isn't familiar. It wasn't Ibrahim Cesar? Ah, maybe Lord Cataplanga!

AFK

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am also impressed, and excited, that you are doing this project. It feels major.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

Thanks. And yeah, that's my guy! Didn't know he'd posted here ever. The three threads he posted in (that are still around) are mint so imma hit some bumpage.

Sano

Y'all do know that we Brazillians speak Portuguese, instead of Spanish, right?

Anyway, I've already seen some of their work before. Can't say I'm a big fan; mostly brazillian discordians do some very random ramblings and then that's it. Nothing nearly as interesting as what you guys do here sometimes. But if anyone wants something of theirs translated into english, I could help.

*returns to lurking*
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

Placid Dingo

Thanks sano. I haven't looked at it all but I could likely take you up on that later. I'll be in Brazil next year for a bit. Have a look at the Chasing Eris thread in Principia Discussion and if youre interested let me know.

Sorry for my language fail. :(

Also I only just realised that people on this forum were interviewed for the magazine I linked to.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Sano on July 20, 2012, 03:31:17 PM
Y'all do know that we Brazillians speak Portuguese, instead of Spanish, right?

That's what I was gonna say. "Spanish wha?"
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 21, 2012, 01:34:44 AM
Thanks sano. I haven't looked at it all but I could likely take you up on that later. I'll be in Brazil next year for a bit. Have a look at the Chasing Eris thread in Principia Discussion and if youre interested let me know.

Sorry for my language fail. :(

Also I only just realised that people on this forum were interviewed for the magazine I linked to.

Yeah, shortly after he joined the board he asked if he could interview us for that project.  He's a cool cat, he should come back and post moar, but good on him for getting Discordia out into the world. 

Mistre

I am brazillian, and would happily help you with your project doing translations, or in any way you wish, though i can't offer accomodation (as I am a minor).
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.