News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jonb, you either think you're wacky or you have a mental disorder. Some people like that, though for the most part those people aren't here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Zenpatista on April 08, 2015, 01:41:44 AM
Hi all,

New guy here. I forced myself to stop lurking, sign up for an account, and write a post. Why? Well, I got around to reading RAW's book several years ago. Then a few months ago, I googled for the PD. I don't remember why. I found this site, read PD, BIP, BIP-CW and a whole bunch of the forums and here I am.

I wanted to thank you all for the content. It's been great - entertaining, funny and educational. BIP & CW were especially good. I think I am beginning to appreciate the concept of horrormirth. There's a lot of food for thought here and I've been gorging more than actually digesting. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on around here. I'll most likely lurk and read for another few months but I'll try to comment a bit. I apologize in advance for any offense(s).

I've figured out where a few things go: Holy rants belong in "Or Kill Me", general daily malaise goes in "Open Bar". Any other rules or pointers I should know about?

Holy Rants can go in Or Kill Me, or in Richard Nixon.  Whichever floats your boat.
Molon Lube

Cain

Zenpatista, you know how they say "reversed stupidity is not intelligence"?  Well, in the case of jonb, it's not true.  Do exactly what he is not doing, and you should be OK.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Hi all,

New guy here. I forced myself to stop lurking, sign up for an account, and write a post. Why? Well, I got around to reading RAW's book several years ago. Then a few months ago, I googled for the PD. I don't remember why. I found this site, read PD, BIP, BIP-CW and a whole bunch of the forums and here I am.

I wanted to thank you all for the content. It's been great - entertaining, funny and educational. BIP & CW were especially good. I think I am beginning to appreciate the concept of horrormirth. There's a lot of food for thought here and I've been gorging more than actually digesting. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on around here. I'll most likely lurk and read for another few months but I'll try to comment a bit. I apologize in advance for any offense(s).

I've figured out where a few things go: Holy rants belong in "Or Kill Me", general daily malaise goes in "Open Bar". Any other rules or pointers I should know about?

Being uncomfortable probably means you're close to something important, Nigel's got her dick up everyone's ass not just yours, don't get Doktor Howl and TGRR mixed up, and own up fast when you realize you've been a moron.

Also, post even when it doesn't look good enough. That's probably one of the hardest things for the people around here who aren't assholes.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 09, 2015, 12:05:47 AM
Zenpatista, you know how they say "reversed stupidity is not intelligence"?  Well, in the case of jonb, it's not true.  Do exactly what he is not doing, and you should be OK.

:potd:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 09, 2015, 12:18:37 AM
Hi all,

Being uncomfortable probably means you're close to something important, Nigel's got her dick up everyone's ass not just yours, don't get Doktor Howl and TGRR mixed up, and own up fast when you realize you've been a moron.

Also, post even when it doesn't look good enough. That's probably one of the hardest things for the people around here who aren't assholes.

Fuck TGRR.  I'm glad he's dead.  The bastard.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

own up fast when you realize you've been a moron.

This part. Not just for here, but for life in general.

Because it's one of the hardest things to do, and our society tends to punish and humiliate people for making mistakes so we're conditioned to be afraid of it, but being wrong is a fundamental, critical, unavoidable part of the learning process, of creativity, of genius, and of humanity.

Don't let anyone take that away or intimidate you out of it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 09, 2015, 03:58:28 AM
own up fast when you realize you've been a moron.

This part. Not just for here, but for life in general.

Because it's one of the hardest things to do, and our society tends to punish and humiliate people for making mistakes so we're conditioned to be afraid of it, but being wrong is a fundamental, critical, unavoidable part of the learning process, of creativity, of genius, and of humanity.

Don't let anyone take that away or intimidate you out of it.
What she said.
Just try to avoid getting addicted to being wrong.
It is a mighty dangerous drug.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Meunster

Wait, so rants don't go in open bar?

Like i know this is a discordianist forum. But could we have a little bit of organization? 
Poe's law ;)

Dubya

Hi all. I've been lurking around here for a while now, and after this I plan to lurk still more until I get my computer fixed and have something to post from that's not a tiny little cell phone.

"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Meunster on April 13, 2015, 03:55:19 AM

Wait, so rants don't go in open bar?

Like i know this is a discordianist forum. But could we have a little bit of organization?

No.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Dubya on May 09, 2015, 09:01:36 PM
Hi all. I've been lurking around here for a while now, and after this I plan to lurk still more until I get my computer fixed and have something to post from that's not a tiny little cell phone.
Hi!

The pool may be on the roof, but that is no reason to go there.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Dubya

The pool is the first place I was planning to check out. It hasnt been quarantined and/or nuked yet, has it?

LMNO

Dubya

Sweet. Ima go for a dip before the bureaucracy gets in gear.