News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Hello everyone!   :fnord:

My name is Justin. I'm 16. I'm American. I'm an ass-man but think breasts are still great.

I've been interested in the ideas that Discordianism expresses since before I knew about Discordianism. I first heard of it while researching the amazing man known as Robert Anton Wilson. His writings and ideas have had my attention for over a year now. I've been going insane for about 2 years now.

I had always assumed that Discordians were somewhat of a dying breed because I never heard anyone really talk about it. That was until I found PD.com. As soon as I found out about this forum, I had to join. I've been lurking for a few days now, and this is probably the funniest and smartest forum I've ever been on, and honestly, I'm kind of nervous. But, it seems to me like a lot of us have a very similar sense of humor.

I look forward to my time I'm going to spend here.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Juana

A veritable flood of noobs! Welcome! Pool is on the roof.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on July 29, 2012, 08:43:57 PM
Hello everyone!   :fnord:

My name is Justin. I'm 16. I'm American. I'm an ass-man but think breasts are still great.

I've been interested in the ideas that Discordianism expresses since before I knew about Discordianism. I first heard of it while researching the amazing man known as Robert Anton Wilson. His writings and ideas have had my attention for over a year now. I've been going insane for about 2 years now.

I had always assumed that Discordians were somewhat of a dying breed because I never heard anyone really talk about it. That was until I found PD.com. As soon as I found out about this forum, I had to join. I've been lurking for a few days now, and this is probably the funniest and smartest forum I've ever been on, and honestly, I'm kind of nervous. But, it seems to me like a lot of us have a very similar sense of humor.

I look forward to my time I'm going to spend here.

Hey there, new guy!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMMW

Howdy. I've already made a few weak contributions but I'm better at lurking. At first, I was kinda surprised about how regulated this forum was (even though it's not that regulated) but I appreciate those who save it from turning into a murky swamp of fnord.

A little about myself - I'm into filmmaking but I definitely don't have anything to brag about yet. Now that I've met Eris, my next film is going to be a train wreck. I keep changing my avatar and don't even know what MMMW means anymore. I'm one of those idiots, that don't even need to play dumb.

In brief, I'll try to help (mostly by shutting up) but don't expect much from me. Noob 4 lyfe!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MMMW on July 30, 2012, 12:58:58 AM
Howdy. I've already made a few weak contributions but I'm better at lurking. At first, I was kinda surprised about how regulated this forum was (even though it's not that regulated) but I appreciate those who save it from turning into a murky swamp of fnord.

A little about myself - I'm into filmmaking but I definitely don't have anything to brag about yet. Now that I've met Eris, my next film is going to be a train wreck. I keep changing my avatar and don't even know what MMMW means anymore. I'm one of those idiots, that don't even need to play dumb.

In brief, I'll try to help (mostly by shutting up) but don't expect much from me. Noob 4 lyfe!

hey there, new guy!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Hi, everybody.

We might get some pretty good ones out of this bunch. At least my FG sensors aren't going off, and I haven't seen any pinealizms or "LOOK AT ME IMMA RILLY REALZ WACKY DISCORDIAN!"

Welcome. Jump right in.  :)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

huh?

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 29, 2012, 09:07:02 AM
Quote from: huh? on July 29, 2012, 06:55:14 AM
Hello PD.

I am Huh, and I should probably lurk more. That's torn it I guess.

You've been lurking for I while haven't you?

I should think you're about ready for initiation.

Judging by what I've been reading here lately, I think I'll need to brush up on my writing skills, and read a whole bunch more first.

Thanks for your welcomes, not sure how much I'll be able to contribute myself at this stage but I'll have a go.

Freeky

Placid Dingo

Hey guys.

Don't stress too much about the quality. Jump in and spit something out, it's the only way to improve your stuff.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Freeky

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 30, 2012, 08:35:07 AM
Hey guys.

Don't stress too much about the quality. Jump in and spit something out, it's the only way to improve your stuff.

Yes, this.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Payne

N00blings, the collection plate shall be passed round shortly. I ran out of beer and I am fucking thirsty. Contribute generously, for your soul does hang in the balance.

Also, I hate you all, and wish you miserable and short careers on this forum, an inability to ever post anywhere else without fearing that the guy you are posting at is actually Roger in a tutu, and permanant sideways erections.

That is all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Payne on July 30, 2012, 09:07:12 PM
N00blings, the collection plate shall be passed round shortly. I ran out of beer and I am fucking thirsty. Contribute generously, for your soul does hang in the balance.

Also, I hate you all, and wish you miserable and short careers on this forum, an inability to ever post anywhere else without fearing that the guy you are posting at is actually Roger in a tutu, and permanant sideways erections.

That is all.

You're omitting an even more hideous possibility.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 30, 2012, 09:09:59 PM

That is all.

That you are continuously in a tutu anyway, one crafted from your locks of flowing nether-hair?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Payne on July 30, 2012, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 30, 2012, 09:09:59 PM

That is all.

That you are continuously in a tutu anyway, one crafted from your locks of flowing nether-hair?

That, and the fact that if I WAS wearing a tutu, two things would be self-evident:

1.  You wouldn't be able to see it, and

2.  It would be by now a permanent fixture, having fossilized in place with ancient scrotal sweat and vindaloo farts.