News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 13, 2012, 01:50:40 PM
:lulz:

Welcome!

DON'T LISTEN TO HER, SIGNORA!  THEY'RE ALL NUTS HERE!

Except me, of course.  I'm in Tucson.  We're not weird, here.  Not like the others.  The problem with Garbo is she laughs at all the wrong jokes.  The problem with LMNO is that he's not here right now.  The problem with Nigel is that there's too damn many of her.  No, I am the only person you can trust here, when it comes to things like good advice (I wrote commandments 11-20, after all), and I am the only one here that can actually communicate.

YOU JABRONIS HEAR THAT?  YEAH.  YOU PEOPLE MAKE NO SENSE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 13, 2012, 01:47:56 PM
For your sake, I hope it's the last one you managed to dodge.

Even on the best of days, I can't tell the difference between ass cancer and The Little River Band.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 13, 2012, 01:54:41 PM

Welcome!

Except me, of course.  I'm in Tucson.  We're not weird, here.  Not like the others.  The problem with Garbo is she laughs at all the wrong jokes.  The problem with LMNO is that he's not here right now.  The problem with Nigel is that there's too damn many of her.  No, I am the only person you can trust here, when it comes to things like good advice (I wrote commandments 11-20, after all), and I am the only one here that can actually communicate.

And no one weird ever originated from Tuscon, obviously.

Also, I'm pretty sure the problem with Nigel is that there aren't enough of her.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 13, 2012, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 13, 2012, 01:54:41 PM

Welcome!

And no one weird ever originated from Tuscon, obviously.

Also, I'm pretty sure the problem with Nigel is that there aren't enough of her.

1.  Tucson is the Holy City™.  It's our job to keep you crazy bastards from getting out of hand.  This leads to an unusual amount of stress, resulting in our mayor wandering the streets at night, drunkenly heaving up his guts at random passers-by.  It also means, apparently, that shooting the ice cream man is our official sport, and that our police officers and EMTs are constantly having nervous breakdowns.  But other than that, we're JUST FINE.  I'll never leave.  Help me.

2.  There's millions of her.  You can't swing a dead hipster in Portland without hitting Nigel.  And if you were so foolish as to actually DO that, don't bother running.  You'll only die tired.  Just save everyone a lot of time and effort, and pull your own bones out.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 13, 2012, 01:57:10 PM

Even on the best of days, I can't tell the difference between ass cancer and The Little River Band.

See, Garbo?  Some people HAVE heard of those jackasses!  They ruined the 80s for me.

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 13, 2012, 02:16:45 PM

See, Garbo?  Some people HAVE heard of those jackasses!  They ruined the 80s for me.

I wasn't even alive in the 80s and I still fucking hate them.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 13, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 13, 2012, 02:16:45 PM

I wasn't even alive in the 80s and I still fucking hate them.

I patiently waited through the 70s, for things to somehow get better.

Then the 80s happened.  :crankey:

Juana

I feel sorry for you all, then. :lulz:

2.  There's millions of her.  You can't swing a dead hipster in Portland without hitting Nigel.  And if you were so foolish as to actually DO that, don't bother running.  You'll only die tired.  Just save everyone a lot of time and effort, and pull your own bones out.
I can vouch.for this, having been there very recently. She was everywhere, on every street, in every alley, in every shop. You cannot escape.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 13, 2012, 02:25:46 PM
I feel sorry for you all, then. :lulz:

Well, at least I wasn't hallucinating the whole thing.  That sort of shit worries me.

Demacrux

Hey,

Not the best at the introduction thing but willing to give it a go. I'm pretty quiet but I get really interested when talking about things that interest me. I often like to see what other people's thoughts on a variety of things. I am also pretty terrible at trying to describe myself using words as if that isn't readily apparent. But I keep myself open to change and whatever may happen, could be worth facing anyways. Maybe I'll get better at this forum thing over time though I don't know what to expect if anything at all.

Juana

LMNO

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]