News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 21, 2012, 01:25:23 PM
In a related note, every so often my FB will remind me about the glory that once was the Fingerbox.  It makes me smile.

I love Fingerboxes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

We should make a modest effort in reminding our friends about the fingerbox.

I was into them before they were popular, you know.

Faust

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 21, 2012, 08:55:58 AM
Quote from: Guru Qu1x073 on September 21, 2012, 07:58:13 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 21, 2012, 07:54:24 AM
Quote from: Telarus on September 21, 2012, 07:34:30 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 19, 2012, 08:46:55 PM
I am in the market for some new pants. For the time being, I am relegated to the indignity of softpants, but in time my leaking manmade orifice will seal itself and I will return to the glory of HARD PANTS.

I am thinking that my HARD PANTS REVOLUTION will consist of black jeans that can be worn tucked into boots.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 19, 2012, 08:48:32 PM
I am very supportive of the HARD PANTS REVOLUTION.  Do you have a newsletter I may sign up for?

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 19, 2012, 09:23:49 PM
I am very supportive of the HARD PANTS REVOLUTION.  Do you have a newsletter I may sign up for?

BRB

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 19, 2012, 09:33:52 PM
Here ya go: http://www.facebook.com/groups/hardpants/

:cramstipated:

:fuckmittens:

:thanks:

I have decided that trousers are Satanic.

MY NEMESIS!

(This is quite appropriate, as my former Nemesis left and just hangs out on Facebook now.)

That's not true, though he doesn't hang out anywhere associated with here.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on September 21, 2012, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 21, 2012, 08:55:58 AM
Quote from: Guru Qu1x073 on September 21, 2012, 07:58:13 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 21, 2012, 07:54:24 AM
Quote from: Telarus on September 21, 2012, 07:34:30 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 19, 2012, 08:46:55 PM
I am in the market for some new pants. For the time being, I am relegated to the indignity of softpants, but in time my leaking manmade orifice will seal itself and I will return to the glory of HARD PANTS.

I am thinking that my HARD PANTS REVOLUTION will consist of black jeans that can be worn tucked into boots.

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 19, 2012, 09:23:49 PM

BRB

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 19, 2012, 09:33:52 PM
Here ya go: http://www.facebook.com/groups/hardpants/

:cramstipated:

:fuckmittens:

:thanks:

I have decided that trousers are Satanic.

MY NEMESIS!

(This is quite appropriate, as my former Nemesis left and just hangs out on Facebook now.)

That's not true, though he doesn't hang out anywhere associated with here.

That's a point well worth going out of the way to make, because obviously I literally meant he doesn't go anywhere or do anything other than hang out on Facebook, online or IRL. Ever.

It's good to have the record set straight.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 21, 2012, 06:13:09 PM
We should make a modest effort in reminding our friends about the fingerbox.

I was into them before they were popular, you know.

They're a classic toy that never gets old!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on September 21, 2012, 09:48:40 PM
Retracted.

And with me.

Which means 3 people were involved.  And his not being here was his choice.  Nobody made him do anything.

Is this really something that has to be dragged around the block again?  Because he DOES look around once in a while, and he has told me on FB that he is really uncomfortable with people talking about him, which I understand 169%.

If he wants to come back, he'll come back.  To say that Nigel is responsible for him leaving is to say (as ECH put it in another situation) that Cram said FUCK YOU to everyone on PD because Nigel and/or I were nasty to him...Which I doubt is actually the case.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Ive never said nasty, I said row. I miss him and I want him back. I don't care about blame I care about corrective action. But if he doesn't want to be talked about and if that's not the reason so be it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on September 21, 2012, 10:02:01 PM
Ive never said nasty, I said row. I miss him and I want him back. I don't care about blame I care about corrective action. But if he doesn't want to be talked about and if that's not the reason so be it.

He'll be back when he's ready.  He's at the Discordian 2011 FB page if you want to run into him.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 21, 2012, 10:03:19 PM

He'll be back when he's ready.  He's at the Discordian 2011 FB page if you want to run into him.

Or just randomly mention something related to something you know he might want to talk about on your wall.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, to be precise, he didn't want to see us talking about WHY he left, because it invariably drags up old butthurt, and that's the bit that makes him uncomfortable.

Just for the sake of full disclosure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Interestingly enough, Epimetheus (now "skipped town") has also left, and an equally good argument could be made to say I "made him leave" by not taking his shit.

Likewise, Trip and I got in a row over some ancient shit, and he hasn't been on since.  I doubt that it was the row in his case, though, as he's from Northern Belgium, and they are made of sterner stuff.

Interestingly enough, bringing up these sorts of things causes MORE butthurt and not LESS, because it's not like one "side" is the good guys and the other side is the bad guys, right?  You have a situation where there was an argument, one in which both "sides" got royally pissed off.  One person or group left (maybe because of the row and maybe not), and the other didn't.  Slamming the row back in the face of the person or people that DIDN'T leave isn't going to fix anything1, it's just going to perpetuate the problem.

1  Unless it's a case of someone saying "I'll come back if that bastard X leaves", in which case fuck 'em, but I don't think that either Cram or 000 is saying anything like that.

Faust

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 21, 2012, 10:20:38 PM
Interestingly enough, Epimetheus (now "skipped town") has also left, and an equally good argument could be made to say I "made him leave" by not taking his shit.

Likewise, Trip and I got in a row over some ancient shit, and he hasn't been on since.  I doubt that it was the row in his case, though, as he's from Northern Belgium, and they are made of sterner stuff.

Interestingly enough, bringing up these sorts of things causes MORE butthurt and not LESS, because it's not like one "side" is the good guys and the other side is the bad guys, right?  You have a situation where there was an argument, one in which both "sides" got royally pissed off.  One person or group left (maybe because of the row and maybe not), and the other didn't.  Slamming the row back in the face of the person or people that DIDN'T leave isn't going to fix anything1, it's just going to perpetuate the problem.

1  Unless it's a case of someone saying "I'll come back if that bastard X leaves", in which case fuck 'em, but I don't think that either Cram or 000 is saying anything like that.
You're right of course, I don't see a side in this I just want the people back, I wouldn't call it pushing it in the persons face rather they are the most likely to get them to return if they broach the subject with them.

Cram asked for it not to be discussed so I am going to be removing my comments from this thread.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 21, 2012, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: Faust on September 21, 2012, 09:48:40 PM
Retracted.

And with me.

Which means 3 people were involved.  And his not being here was his choice.  Nobody made him do anything.

Is this really something that has to be dragged around the block again?  Because he DOES look around once in a while, and he has told me on FB that he is really uncomfortable with people talking about him, which I understand 169%.

If he wants to come back, he'll come back.  To say that Nigel is responsible for him leaving is to say (as ECH put it in another situation) that Cram said FUCK YOU to everyone on PD because Nigel and/or I were nasty to him...Which I doubt is actually the case.

I don't know what I missed, but was I really getting chastized for a passing reference, not by name, to someone who isn't here? :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE TALKED ABOUT. NOBODY EVER CASUALLY REFERENCE HIM, OR ANYTHING HE HAS DONE, EVEN IN PASSING, EVER AGAIN.

:lulz:

Please. You have GOT to be kidding me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 21, 2012, 10:20:38 PM

And I apparently made Joh-Nyx leave because I said that it bums me out when guys insist that women whose personalities they find repellent are actually physically ugly. I actually still don't know if that's why he left, but he left on the heels of that without saying anything, so I kind of assumed.

We're bad people, Roger. We're the cancer that's killing PD.