News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on September 21, 2012, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 21, 2012, 10:20:38 PM
Interestingly enough, Epimetheus (now "skipped town") has also left, and an equally good argument could be made to say I "made him leave" by not taking his shit.

Likewise, Trip and I got in a row over some ancient shit, and he hasn't been on since.  I doubt that it was the row in his case, though, as he's from Northern Belgium, and they are made of sterner stuff.

Interestingly enough, bringing up these sorts of things causes MORE butthurt and not LESS, because it's not like one "side" is the good guys and the other side is the bad guys, right?  You have a situation where there was an argument, one in which both "sides" got royally pissed off.  One person or group left (maybe because of the row and maybe not), and the other didn't.  Slamming the row back in the face of the person or people that DIDN'T leave isn't going to fix anything1, it's just going to perpetuate the problem.

1  Unless it's a case of someone saying "I'll come back if that bastard X leaves", in which case fuck 'em, but I don't think that either Cram or 000 is saying anything like that.
You're right of course, I don't see a side in this I just want the people back, I wouldn't call it pushing it in the persons face rather they are the most likely to get them to return if they broach the subject with them.

Cram asked for it not to be discussed so I am going to be removing my comments from this thread.

Why did you even stir it up in the first place? I never mentioned Cram's name, I was expressing why I was happy to have a new nemesis. It wasn't a conversation that was going to go anywhere that had to do with him until you poked it with a stick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

No comment, you should drop your usual trope though it's becoming a cliche.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 23, 2012, 12:19:50 AM
Interestingly enough, Epimetheus (now "skipped town") has also left, and an equally good argument could be made to say I "made him leave" by not taking his shit.

Likewise, Trip and I got in a row over some ancient shit, and he hasn't been on since.  I doubt that it was the row in his case, though, as he's from Northern Belgium, and they are made of sterner stuff.

Interestingly enough, bringing up these sorts of things causes MORE butthurt and not LESS, because it's not like one "side" is the good guys and the other side is the bad guys, right?  You have a situation where there was an argument, one in which both "sides" got royally pissed off.  One person or group left (maybe because of the row and maybe not), and the other didn't.  Slamming the row back in the face of the person or people that DIDN'T leave isn't going to fix anything1, it's just going to perpetuate the problem.

1  Unless it's a case of someone saying "I'll come back if that bastard X leaves", in which case fuck 'em, but I don't think that either Cram or 000 is saying anything like that.

And I apparently made Joh-Nyx leave because I said that it bums me out when guys insist that women whose personalities they find repellent are actually physically ugly. I actually still don't know if that's why he left, but he left on the heels of that without saying anything, so I kind of assumed.

We're bad people, Roger. We're the cancer that's killing PD.

Women do that too. A lot of them get mad at somebody and she's suddenly "fat" or similar. Meanwhile they have a friend who really IS overweight and they tell them "You're not fat."

How the hell did "fat", "old", "unattractive", etc. become a euphemism for "somebody I'm pissed off at"?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Internet Jesus

Because simply saying "I don't like person X" doesn't pack any punch and would not hurt their feelings if it got back to them, and its all about making the other person feel like shit or elevating you by bringing the other down?

Maybe?

I've seen a ton of guys (some friends even) go that same route when, after having whiffed their way down the bar skank ladder on a Friday night, proclaim that "That bar was full of Lesbians".

THE EGO MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS. 
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 23, 2012, 04:05:17 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 23, 2012, 12:19:50 AM

And I apparently made Joh-Nyx leave because I said that it bums me out when guys insist that women whose personalities they find repellent are actually physically ugly. I actually still don't know if that's why he left, but he left on the heels of that without saying anything, so I kind of assumed.

Women do that too. A lot of them get mad at somebody and she's suddenly "fat" or similar. Meanwhile they have a friend who really IS overweight and they tell them "You're not fat."

How the hell did "fat", "old", "unattractive", etc. become a euphemism for "somebody I'm pissed off at"?

When I dislike someone (not mad at, but actually dislike), they stop being attractive.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 23, 2012, 06:19:23 PM

When I dislike someone (not mad at, but actually dislike), they stop being attractive.

I get that. They go from having eyes like stars to sociopathic dead fish eyes. They do that little thing with their mouth that makes you want to UUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

But they don't gain fifty pounds or age twenty years.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 23, 2012, 07:43:57 PM

I get that. They go from having eyes like stars to sociopathic dead fish eyes. They do that little thing with their mouth that makes you want to UUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

On the other hand, when I LIKE someone, I can cheerfully ignore 20 years or 50 pounds, and the person becomes to some degree attractive.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 23, 2012, 07:49:10 PM

On the other hand, when I LIKE someone, I can cheerfully ignore 20 years or 50 pounds, and the person becomes to some degree attractive.

Yep. Makes all the difference in the world.  :)

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 23, 2012, 07:49:10 PM

This is the basis for my new fad diet, the "Attraction Distraction Diet". You can eat whatever you want, do as much or as little exercise as you feel like doing, and even go for days or weeks without bathing. All you have to do is make me LOVE you, and you'll magically (and instantly!) become one of the Beautiful People.

For those of you who are interested in trying the Attraction Distraction diet, it works like this:

A) You give me money
B) I send you a letter telling you whether or not the amount of money you sent has resulted in me loving you.
C) If it has, YOU ARE NOW ATTRACTIVE! YAY!. But keep up regular payments to maintain my burning desire.
D) If it hasn't, send more money.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Awesome!  A way to enjoy the BEST life has to offer AND keep my wife interested.  Sign me up to your program.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ayotollah of Ass

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 23, 2012, 04:05:17 PMHow the hell did "fat", "old", "unattractive", etc. become a euphemism for "somebody I'm pissed off at"?

Because "I'm pissed off at you" suggests the problem is the speaker, whereas "you're a controlling asshole and you're ugly" clearly puts the problem on the other person and is presumably said when the speaker knows the other person well enough to think they may be insecure about being too assertive and/or their looks?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's easier than addressing the real issues.

Women do do it, too, and you're right, they overwhelmingly do it to other women. It's pretty sad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NrrdGrrl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM
Welcome to Discordia.  We hope you enjoy your stay, whether that be a 3 day butthurt trollfest, or 10 years of screeching and hollering with the best of 'em.  Our membership grows and contracts, as the people who don't understand the concept join, get "enlightened", and then either flee, or join the sediment at the bottom.  We function much like a septic tank:  All the light stuff gets pumped out, leaving a horrible load of goodness in the bottom.  We are the sediment of the internet...It's not particularly pleasant, but we like it that way.

A few things worth mentioning:

We've all read the Principia Discordia.  You are not required to tell us all about it.

We aren't "Real Discordians™", whatever that is.  We're not really into random gibberish ("word salad"), kaos magick, or spending hours and hours determining which music (or whatever) deserves the name brand of Discordian™.

Don't feel the need to wow us on your first day.  We're actually more impressed by an honest introduction, and your thoughts on the weird shit we talk about.  Just tell us about yourself, and what horrible personal defect led you to us.  Things will develop naturally from there...There's no need to rush things.

If you feel that the mods or admins are giving you an undue ration of shit on an "official" level (ie, you were modded unfairly), contact East Coast Hustle, or any other uninvolved admin.  Do NOT pm The Mgt.

We like rants and bad photoshop.  Quality of writing or shooping is meaningless.  It's all about the WRATH, so spout until your guts bleed.

We like hearing about pranks.  Bear in mind, of course, that this is the interbutts, and be careful how much information you put out there.  The government probably isn't watching us...but we'll fix THAT!

The search function doesn't work.  This is because the guy who runs the server is a communist and hates America™.  You have to go digging by hand.  It's worth it, though, there's some really good nuggets in there.

It is generally considered to be both foolish and dangerous to hit "mark all messages read", as that button is hooked into some software nastiness installed by the guy who runs the server, who kisses terrorists.  On the beard.  He makes everyone call him "Joseph Stalin", and he kicks babies off of overpasses whenever he's allowed out of his cage/server room.

There is no secret Pogs forum.  This was an rumor started by irresponsible members from Portland, Oregon, because we made fun of their little Brad Pitt hats.  Fucking hipsters.

There ain't no parking on the dance floor.

Well, that's about it.  If you're dumb enough to stick around, we look forward to your introduction.  We are not responsible for personality issues caused by this board.  Last thing:  We yell a lot.  It's not personal.  We're just very, very serious about having a good time.

:responsible:

Hi. In case anybody cares, I'm introducing myself. I'm NrrdGrrl and I'm new. (I know my s/n is not original, but I don't give a fuck. It suits me.) If you couldn't tell by my name, I am a lady, but I don't act like one. I'm also new to the concept of Discordianism. I guess I would call myself an agnostic, but love to learn about new concepts, theories, ideas, etc. This site seemed interesting, so I decided to stick around and check it out. That is all.
"The quickest way to a man's heart is through his rib cage."

"hunter s.durden is my God King, without him I am nothing. I would be proud to let him name our baby Taquito Bloodhawk."

"I am a huge idiot and stay logged in"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anna Mae Bollocks

Hello NG!

This is one of the more down to earth intros I've seen in awhile.  8)