News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Welcome, and all.  The 4 year old joke is "The pool is on the roof"

Yeah, it's not so good anymore.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Richter, Baron von on September 29, 2012, 10:37:04 PM

What about we replace the pool with a dog?

And hello, new person.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

AFK

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on September 29, 2012, 10:46:17 PM

And hello, new person.

I think there are a couple of dogs already in the pool.  Apparently they aren't ALL good swimmers.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 30, 2012, 12:34:01 AM
Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on September 29, 2012, 10:46:17 PM

And hello, new person.

I think there are a couple of dogs already in the pool.  Apparently they aren't ALL good swimmers.

It's not so good anymore.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: NrrdGrrl on September 29, 2012, 09:05:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM
Welcome to Discordia.  We hope you enjoy your stay, whether that be a 3 day butthurt trollfest, or 10 years of screeching and hollering with the best of 'em.  Our membership grows and contracts, as the people who don't understand the concept join, get "enlightened", and then either flee, or join the sediment at the bottom.  We function much like a septic tank:  All the light stuff gets pumped out, leaving a horrible load of goodness in the bottom.  We are the sediment of the internet...It's not particularly pleasant, but we like it that way.

A few things worth mentioning:

We've all read the Principia Discordia.  You are not required to tell us all about it.

We aren't "Real Discordians™", whatever that is.  We're not really into random gibberish ("word salad"), kaos magick, or spending hours and hours determining which music (or whatever) deserves the name brand of Discordian™.

Don't feel the need to wow us on your first day.  We're actually more impressed by an honest introduction, and your thoughts on the weird shit we talk about.  Just tell us about yourself, and what horrible personal defect led you to us.  Things will develop naturally from there...There's no need to rush things.

If you feel that the mods or admins are giving you an undue ration of shit on an "official" level (ie, you were modded unfairly), contact East Coast Hustle, or any other uninvolved admin.  Do NOT pm The Mgt.

We like rants and bad photoshop.  Quality of writing or shooping is meaningless.  It's all about the WRATH, so spout until your guts bleed.

We like hearing about pranks.  Bear in mind, of course, that this is the interbutts, and be careful how much information you put out there.  The government probably isn't watching us...but we'll fix THAT!

The search function doesn't work.  This is because the guy who runs the server is a communist and hates America™.  You have to go digging by hand.  It's worth it, though, there's some really good nuggets in there.

It is generally considered to be both foolish and dangerous to hit "mark all messages read", as that button is hooked into some software nastiness installed by the guy who runs the server, who kisses terrorists.  On the beard.  He makes everyone call him "Joseph Stalin", and he kicks babies off of overpasses whenever he's allowed out of his cage/server room.

There is no secret Pogs forum.  This was an rumor started by irresponsible members from Portland, Oregon, because we made fun of their little Brad Pitt hats.  Fucking hipsters.

There ain't no parking on the dance floor.

Well, that's about it.  If you're dumb enough to stick around, we look forward to your introduction.  We are not responsible for personality issues caused by this board.  Last thing:  We yell a lot.  It's not personal.  We're just very, very serious about having a good time.

:responsible:

Hi. In case anybody cares, I'm introducing myself. I'm NrrdGrrl and I'm new. (I know my s/n is not original, but I don't give a fuck. It suits me.) If you couldn't tell by my name, I am a lady, but I don't act like one. I'm also new to the concept of Discordianism. I guess I would call myself an agnostic, but love to learn about new concepts, theories, ideas, etc. This site seemed interesting, so I decided to stick around and check it out. That is all.

I like yrr avatrr.

Welcome to the frrum
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Chromia

Hey! Umm... I've probably seemed stupid during my short time on here. Word Salad is not something I am usually fond of, but I read ee cummings earlier...  DAMN YOU POETRY!

Anyway, I'm Abbi, Chromia, or Banana Lady, depending on your cognitive preferency jargon jibberish. I like the idea of games, as in life being a game and crazy weird philosophical stuff like that. I also like animation and horror movies! So, yeah, I'm me, and probably not you. Bye!
Sometimes I forget what I was going to say. Sometimes I remembeer what everyone's forgotten to say forever and always. Does that ever happen to you?

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chromia on October 09, 2012, 07:10:00 PM
Hey! Umm... I've probably seemed stupid during my short time on here. Word Salad is not something I am usually fond of, but I read ee cummings earlier...  DAMN YOU POETRY!

Anyway, I'm Abbi, Chromia, or Banana Lady, depending on your cognitive preferency jargon jibberish. I like the idea of games, as in life being a game and crazy weird philosophical stuff like that. I also like animation and horror movies! So, yeah, I'm me, and probably not you. Bye!

Um...bye?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

I disbelieve that the Chromia poster is 23.  13-19, maybe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Doesn't matter.  She reads e e cummings, so she can't be all bad.

He is, after all, the man who wrote "there is some shit I will not eat."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Chromia

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 09, 2012, 07:28:09 PM

Nope! I type with a stream of thought style, so I don't edit myself or anything.
Sometimes I forget what I was going to say. Sometimes I remembeer what everyone's forgotten to say forever and always. Does that ever happen to you?

LMNO

Oh, uh... I hope you're good at that.  Since the written word is the majority of how we communicate here, you'll find that a lot of us are kind of sticklers about coherence, or at least syntax.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chromia on October 09, 2012, 07:32:56 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 09, 2012, 07:28:09 PM

Nope! I type with a stream of thought style, so I don't edit myself or anything.

From the OP:

QuoteQuality of writing or shooping is meaningless.

Rant your guts up.